Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop channels from disappearing

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional --- but, channels keep auto-hiding from our team members. There used to be a setting where you could stop this from happening, but it seems to have disappeared. Consequently, people are missing new actions in active channels because Teams have made them hidden. Can anybody help with this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meet now option for group chat

We use group chat for "adhoc" teams that don't need the permanence of an official Team. It would be nice to have the functionality offered with meetings with the ease of the "meet now" button available from the Teams tab. I can schedule meeting but the "meet now" is clearly easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a browser input field to allow input of MS Teams links directly into MS Teams

MT teams channels, pages, files, teams etc. can be accessed by links.
    This is good.
    But why does it not allow you to paste a link into a link input field (like any browser has one) and have the link address opened in MS Teams right away?
    E.g. if you receive an MS Teams link from somewehere and you click on it, it always opens your default browser first - only in a second step you can indicate that you would like top open the link in the MS Teams desktop app.
    But again: why does MS Teams not allow…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Privacy setting for existing channels

It would be great if we could change a private setting for the existed channels in Teams and we could be free to switch channels from standard to private and vice versa.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show class summary of all assignments turned in or not before they're marked

I'd like a quick overview of my class across all assignments so I can see who has submitted each assignment or not, or in some cases not even viewed the assignment. Currently, I can only export a report of my grades and feedback for each individual assignment, but before I mark, I need to see who is falling behind. If I could see all assignments over the term in one spreadsheet report, I could more easily follow up with students before starting to grade them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restore files of a deleted private channel

Private channels clearly wasn't bug tested properly for the 3 years it was in development. When you delete a private channel on accident, then try to restore it, it is impossible to restore the files associated with the channel. You have to delete the channel completely and create a new private channel with a different name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This interface is rubbish on android!

Ditch user voice they're pants on android just spent 15 minutes swearing at my phone just getting this far! I can't remember the problem with teams I was going to tell you about 😳

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add guests to private channels (without needing the guest added to the main team)

I would like to add a guest to a private channel without having to add them to the whole team first....I don't want to the guest to see other channels except for the private channel information...why this wasn't designed into private channels, to begin with, does not make any sense to me.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Kiazala Front Line Channel

Can we make a channel call Front Line Channel thaf is automatically connected to Kiazala. This would allow operati o nal.teans to have a spwcific FL communucations and Collboration channel that has a specific purpose and focus. It could be a private or public channel that has an option for a Kiazal connector.

It a great way to dive collboration to FL workers simply while also allow internal operation teams to use the full power of teams. Also could be great for Execs who have limited time and want quick and easy access to comms and info without using email…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase the number of private channels within a team

Currently limited to 30 private channels within a team. Work with 35 sports and 35 universities that need privacy functionality but also need to communicate with all 70

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. copy/paste textformat

copy/paste textformat is a nice feature within ms office products (word, excel etc.) . i cannot find it inside ms teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Private channel access by non Team member

The new private channel functionality doesn’t solve the basic private channels need. We have tons of needs for private channels where we want to invite someone to a channel but not give them access to the rest of the team. One example: BD proposal where you need a non-BD team member to be involved. They can’t have access to other BD files, just this one channel for this one proposal. Since they can’t have access to other BD files they aren’t part of the team, but if they aren’t part of the team they can’t get access to the channel.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is there a way I can edit/modify the look and layout of the chart in a Planner Tab

I'm new to Teams and have found the 'Charts' option on Planner Tabs.

I'd like a way I can edit/modify the look and layout of the chart/s and if so, does it depend on access level, i.e. Admin/Owner?

I specifically want to edit the Legend fields and colours used in the Chart (without having to change the theme of the entire Team). I want to be able to add specific tasks to the graphs to show relevant stages and percentages by Channel/Project.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to stop my MS Teams availability icon changing automatically to Away when I'm not active on Teams for a few mins

When I'm not active on Teams for more than 5 minutes my status changes automatically to Away. I cannot change this in my settings and it's really annoying, because I'm usually still available to my colleagues, just busy with some other application, working on something else on my PC... It should be possible for the user to define when his status should change to Away, the fact that Teams changes the user status automatically is a clear show stopper.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Access Based Enumeration for Private Channels

Access Based Enumeration like with Shares and NTFS permissions, effectively hides what you don't have rights to see.

ABE for private channels would only show people the channels they have been granted rights to access, and hide the other channels such as the General channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MFA Enable

I believe that a multiple authentication factor is of paramount importance to ensure application security not only for administrators but also for ordinary users. Both for desktop version and for version Mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to hide user number in teams. I don't want my users to know their number, we just need them to receive calls.

Ability to hide user number in teams. I don't want my users to know their number, we just need them to receive calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat and review files at the same time

Id like to be able to chat and review files at the same time. Its incredibly clunky to have to constantly navigate back and forth between screens and makes it difficult to use. I should be able to have the chat feature opened while navigating between teams, channels and documents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat notification

when you receive a new chat from someone, have it either pop up on your screen, or give a tone to alert you that someone has sent you a chat message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base