Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show contacts Status in Teams contact list so clearly seen like Skype did.

Our organization loved using Skype for indicating each individuals "Status" so everyone knew their schedule for the day, such as when they would be out of the office. We can still do that with Teams, but it is not as user friendly. In teams you have to hover over each individual to check therir status and since your personal status is also hidden and not on the main screen like in Skype it is very easy to forget to update. Our company has essentially stopped using the status feature because it is setup as a background feature in Teams. Would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete whole content of a channel

We have a Team which we want to prepare before we open it to public.
    Now the whole discussion in the General Channel is not foreseen to be published.
    But the *General* Channel can not be deleted.

It would be nice to _Flush_ a whole Channel without deleting the Channel (resp. the whole Team).

Thank you for considering.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make teams or channels publicly visible. Similar to Github

As a teacher I would like to make teams or channels publicly visible. Similar to Github, you could make teaching series and content available to other teachers. You should then be able to duplicate these teams/channels and another teacher could adapt and improve this course. This feature would give us as a community of teachers a chance to make our material better and better like in Github.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Implementation a feature that enables administrators to set All new posts in Channel notification settings at channel-level or team-level

I would like you to implement a feature that administrators could set All new posts in Channel notification settings for all users at once in channel-level or team-level.
    Currently, this setting needs to be performed by per user and it is a time-consuming procedure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. iOS Teams Incoming Audio Call problem.

I could not dismiss/ignore an incoming call. My iPhone would do nothing else until the caller ended trying to call me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Out of office notifications, turn off the big bar above the textbox.

when you cancel it with the (x) it comes back... ALL THE TIME! stop it!

Turn off the out of office notifications on the text bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View multiple teams/channels at the same time.

I would like to have the ability to view multiple channels in Teams at the same time. Maybe a split screen or popout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote

Within Teams, I have added a One Note tab. This has been really great, however, when you open your OneNote tab in Teams, it only ever shows the FIRST note you've done. There doesn't seem to be a way to prioritise your most recent notes within Teams. If there is, please let us know so that our tab can be set to automatically show our most recent note within One Note. Otherwise, I think this would be a great option for people to be able to add within Teams. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Skype for Business we can see that the user is using Skype for business from the mobile client in the status, This is still not available

In Skype for Business we can see that the user is using Skype for business from the mobile client in the status, This is still not available in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Like

Create the ability to "Like" a file or conversation in a group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mute sound

Add ability to mute sound of some members of a meeting - NOT their microphone. If we have a meeting where two or three people are in the same room with their own headsets, then their is a noticeable delay between the live sound and the sound through the meeting. I want to be able to mute the sound of the people in the same room. This does not mean muting their mics, as they still need to be able to speak.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the out of office notice that is being displayed on teams

Set the out of office to display the following sponge bob meme only once a day in stead of constantly displaying the out of office message, we are not stupid, if i click on x it should be gone for the rest of the day at least.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allows communication between Microsoft Teams with external access while coexisting with Skype for Business

Currently, users using Skype for Business within an organization are in great trouble as they can only communicate with Teams via External Access in TeamOnly's coexistence mode.
    I think that you should create a mode that allows external access to Teams while Teams and Skype for Business coexist, or you should change [Island] as such.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Channel’s mail address setting

Enable a global admin to change the default value for users who can send mails to a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AADCで同期されたオンプレADのセキュリティグループでメンバーを追加したい

ADのSGでメンバー追加しても、内部的に展開されてしまい、オンプレADのSGと同期を取ってくれないが、自動的に同期を取ってくれるようにしていただきたい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. whenever I have to creat a new password, the teams app on my pc won't sign in it juts continually closes. Is there a fix for this?

whenever I have to creat a new password, the teams app on my pc won't sign in it juts continually closes. Is there a fix for this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow the team owners to change a reply to a new conversation

Many new users to teams either start a new conversation rather than hitting reply......or do the opposite and start a new conversation as a reply on a different topic from the current thread. Whilst training them is important having some administrative tools to rectify this would be great quality of life feature.

The only option at the moment is to delete the message and to re-post it.

Why not make it so team owners (and the message owner) instead of deleting have another icon in the menu the user can click and make it a conversation - This breaks out…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dont reset the Teams view when switching between tabs on the navigation sidebar

It's really frustrating how the view on the Teams tab resets back to the root of the Team everytime I switch to another tab on the navigation sidebar.

E.g. i'll be viewing or editing a document or every just browsing files in a subfolder in the Teams view/tab on the sidebar. I switch to the Chat view/tab on the sidebar and when I switch back to the Teams view/tab I'm presented with the root of the Files folder of the Team or the General Conversation tab. NOT where I just was just moments ago.

This is a huge time waster,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Conversation Upvoting & Sorting

Have more options to sort teams channel conversations. Specifically, the ability to sort by # of post interactions or 'voting' (i.e. Reddit Up Voting).

I want to have a channel specific to sharing best practices at work and allow all members to add content, vote on submissions, and see which submissions the community is most interested in. Being able to do this directly in a channel conversation vs plug ins like Polly or Forms would allow the content posted/voted on to be rich & dynamically added

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.