Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to hide user number in teams. I don't want my users to know their number, we just need them to receive calls.

Ability to hide user number in teams. I don't want my users to know their number, we just need them to receive calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Chat and review files at the same time

Id like to be able to chat and review files at the same time. Its incredibly clunky to have to constantly navigate back and forth between screens and makes it difficult to use. I should be able to have the chat feature opened while navigating between teams, channels and documents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat notification

when you receive a new chat from someone, have it either pop up on your screen, or give a tone to alert you that someone has sent you a chat message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to link to teams/channels in chats or threads in other teams/channels

I want to be able to link to teams and channels like you can link to a person. In a private chat, I could tell someone "That info is in @Developers#General" to point them to a team and channel. Or in one channel, I could reference a different channel in the same team, "This is related to the convo we had in #backend"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Concern with e-discovery, legal holds, and private channels

It is stated that "When a private channel is deleted in Microsoft Teams, all of its assets–including the SharePoint site collection–are deleted as well." That won't work for e-discovery and legal holds. There needs to be a way of keeping a record of all activity and files, whether public or private team or channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Shifts easier to find and see

Allow shifts to be pinned or added as a channel to a team! Its should be easier to see the shifts module.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move Channels

Hi! I have created different teams each year as I learn and grow in my use of Teams with my virtual classes. I have some channels from previously used Teams where I would like to move the entire channel or copy the channel to a new team. Is that possible?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add the direct reply feature to a message for CHAT like the direct reply feature in Teams Chat

Please add the direct reply feature to a message for CHAT like the direct reply feature in Teams Chat

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add members to private channel from a checkbox list of Team members

When adding members to a private channel, show a checkbox list of all current members of the team to speed the selection process.

Having to type individually type all members names to search and select is clunky.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Channels to be not hidden by default

When several channels are created in a team they are hidden by default.
    My suggestion is that all channels are visible by default and the users have to manually "hide" them if they don´t want to be bothered by them.

The reason for my suggestion:
    Even though teams is intuitive and simple, not all users feel that way, and they get confused when they see that some channels are hidden? In some cases their first thought is that the channels are hidden from them for a reason (systems are supposed to be smart, right?) so they don´t even click on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Limit private channel site options and provide navigation from main group site

Private channels are now available, cool! However, we see some challenges in the fact that these are created as separate site collections in SharePoint.

If you navigate to the private channel site collection (url example: /sites/TeamSite1-Privatechannel1/) you are automatically redirected to the documents library for this channel. However, in this site you can create custom libraries, lists and even sub sites which from a governance point of view creates some headaches...

Also, there is no navigation from the main group site to the private channel sites and back.

And finally, there are no branding options / site design options for…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase private channel limit from 30 to at least 200

30 limit Private Channel for a Team is not enough. Please increase it to at least 200. This would reduce the Team created in a organizations. Reduce Team, more channel.

Regards,
    Ludfi

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to make a sound when a mention is received even with a MacOS desktop app

I'm using Teams on my Mac, but there is no sound when I get notifications such as mentions.
    I want the sound to sound like the Windows version.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you invite to a team with a PowerShell cmdlet, receive an invitation email

It has become and to invite in PowerShell cmdlets as the current operations as mail does not reach.
    I want to be able to receive emails even if invited by PowerShell cmdlets, or I want to set the ability to send emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Using Teams admin center in Internet Explorer 11

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Internet Explorer 11 での Teams 管理センターの挙動について
    Using Teams admin center in Internet Explorer 11
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターにて、画面左側のメニューより[チーム]-[チームを管理] とクリックすると、チーム一覧が表示される。Internet Explorer 11 の場合のみ、チーム名をクリックしてもメンバーやチャネルが正常に表示されないが、拡大率を 50% などに下げると正常に表示される。Internet Explorer 11 でアクセスした場合も、拡大率を変更せず正常表示ができるように改善してほしい。
    In Teams admin center, when I choose Teams from the menu on the left, and Manage Teams, the list of teams will be shown. But only when Internet Explorer 11 is used, members and channels are not displayed properly even when the team name is clicked, but if the zoom ratio is decreased to around 50% everything is displayed properly. Please improve this so that everything is displayed…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MS Flow Delete Task/Transfer Task to Another Bucket

Ability to delete a task via MS Flow. For an approval process, if the task has been rejected, would like the option to have it deleted.

Alternately, if the rejected task can be transferred to another bin/bucket for additional "review", that would help too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. adjust size of preview window in teams

It would be nice to adjust the size of the preview window (i.e the small window displaying your meeting in the upper left hand corner when you're in another perspective like Chat). This way you can expand the window to clearly see visuals of the meeting while you're in other perspectives

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CHAT Alert Colors

Use of "Bold" and "not bold" to identify when a Chat has new activity is not acceptable. Need a flag or a color or something. Not all of us have the eyesight of a 20 year old.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base