Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for multiple windows of Teams like is available in Skype for Business.

When working in Skype for Business I am able to have multiple chats with screen shares. I can have independent windows of various sizes on multiple monitors. In Teams this is not possible.

My company is moving to using TEAMS for Teams Voice. This feature allows me to have IM / Channels / Screen Sharing / Real phone number calls go through Teams. Since I have Teams on multiple computers as well as my mobile device it really is convenient to pick up a conversation on a different device.

However, if I am on a voice call through teams on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. autocapitalize in chat, as in word

autocapitalization within chat, like in Word at the beginning of a sentence. similar to autocorrect in Office products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scheduling export of Teams usage report

I would like to be ability to email the Teams usage report via email on a monthly basis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Connect to lower folder levels in Document Library

Allow for Teams to connect to the second or third level of a document library app. Currently only able to go to the first folder level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Diffusion list for a subset of Users

Hello,

It would be really great to be able to create diffusion lists (User attributes or "Channel primary intersest" subscription)
    Not being able to @ a subset of user of a Teams is really slowing down the adoption rate of our Team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Favorites in sidebar or with slash command

I have a lot of empty space in my sidebar. It would be great to be able to put links/icons for a few favorite channels there. I have a lot of teams, and I spend too much time navigating to each of my most used channels, even though the teams they're in are already unhidden. /goto kind of works for this, but it's a lot of typing and I have to remember the channel name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to delete a less frequently used team using PowerShell commands

In order to delete a team that is not used frequently, I want you to be able to extract or delete that team using PowerShell commands.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support adding Connector to single chat

Currently it seems we can only add Connector to a Team/Channel? Is it possible to add connector in a one-on-one(single) chat?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Entry Tone for Teams meeting

Enable an entry tone for my own Teams meetings. Add entry tone feature for individual-level Tems meeting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New subjects in a chat - and answer in a thread

We would like to have the same features in chat as in conversation in a channel. You write a subject and others can respont do that, in order to keep the threads appart. It would be better than having many Teams-groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In a 1 on 1 chat allow chat history to be shared when adding a new user

Often times I am chatting with an individual 1 on 1 (as in not a group chat) and I need to pull someone else in. I add them but there is no option to share chat history. Please allow a feature to add a selected amount of chat history.The only way to do that now is either 1. Know you need a group ahead of time, or 2. copy and paste the history you need into the newly formed group when you add the other person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide teams channels in Power BI

In the Power BI workspaces are shown Teams channels and workspaces made in PBI. Unfortunately we have plenty of channels where isn't any PBI-reports. Perhaps there could be a setting to hide O365 Groups in Power BI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move General or Channel SharePoint Folder to a new Doc Library or Folder within it O365 Group SharePoint Site

It would definitely be an improvement if we could relocated the general channel and other channels file storage to possibly a new folder or other document library within it's sharepoint area. So the general and channel folders don't get mixed up with the other files and folders being stored in the Default Document library in the Sharepoint site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat without moving from a Team

Every time, I am working to update a collaboration file on one of my Channels, some one will message me. If I respond or attempt to start a new chat to ask a question about my update, it pulls me out of the document. I want to be able to keep the document up on one screen and chat on the other (or keep the document up in the corner like a meeting video so its easy to get back to)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would really like to see Groups added. So people in specific groups can be pinged instead of individually or @general. Example: @Admins

This is a common feature in other apps even free ones like Discord.
    We need to be able to ping groups instead of individuals or everyone.
    Example: There are 12 people in IT Operations group but 100 people in the Teams channel, we would be able to use @ITOPS instead of @General.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add "most current post at the top" sort option to Conversations page

Please add "most current post at the top" sort option to Conversations page. This would make it much easier to see late-breaking information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add auto-group by domain to chat contacts list

contacts list should allow grouping by domain (would save a lot of extra work)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatic migration of data storage location

A function that automatically migrates data storage locations is required.
    Example: Asia Pacific → Japan

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to delete messages to help clean up the feed.

There needs to be a function for the owner/admin to delete messages. There are several people who will post random things, that don't need to be in the feed, but I am unable to remove them.

It would be helpful to easily and clearly be able to remove comments/replies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.