Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow meeting organizer access to permanently mute all participants for that meeting. The conference would them be a broadcast.

The "problem" now is that everyone can be muted, but they can un-mute themselves. I want the option to not allow them to un-mute themselves.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make chat interface cleaner

The Conversation window is full of wasted space. I need it to be flattened, with consistent display of time, username, and text all left-aligned. The 'conversation bubbles' are distracting and wasteful of space. Highlighting my own text is distracting from the actual information I care about, which is the text from whoever I'm chatting with. Slack does it great, with a different color for each user name.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Needs to be a way to mark all activity as read

My activity indicator is getting spammed by commits and the like, CI/CD, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep people in the loop with Loops

Since we have been using Teams in our organisation (100+ people) since release we have grown into needing some form of group based chat that isn't via channels. The group Chats work ok but have limitations (newly invited users can't see history) and are missing features (Can't remove other users from a group chat).

Space here for Loops!

User created, administrated and deleted
    Potential to integrate with the lifecycle of the workitem
    Loops will be it's own custom channel made on the fly.
    Will will be administrated by a user or org administrators
    Will be able to have intergrations/automations
    History…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This is missing

1. A tick for sent

2. 2 ticks for received

3. Change in colour of ticks when read

4. Reply

5. Forward

Sorry but without these most basic of basic features it sucks badly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Assignment Feedback - Not all feedback is shown when exported to Excel.

When an assignment is given, completed, graded, and given feedback, I can't see all of the feedback when the data is exported to Excel. It appears as if the first line or so of feedback is included. I use multiple lines because students will resubmit their work and I will add more feedback. I'd like to see all of the feedback in Excel to see how they have shown growth. Without this, I would have to click on every individual assignment to read the feedback rather than run the report from the assignments tab.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add grab handle icon on mouse over of top bar of attendees box instead of same arrow as the rest

When presenting and you mouse over the box of other attendee in Teams, the finger pointer icon appears as you move over their contact details, but you cannot grab and move the box out of the presentation window when this icon shows.
    When you move to the top bar a standard pointer appears, but the same pointer remains across the rest of the desktop, so it isn't obvious this is how you grab and move the box.
    I propose that you add the animated grab icon (standard) to appear when the user mouses over the top bar of the attendee…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Connectivity issues

Since this morning both desktop application and web application coukd not connect at all. It continuesly says try again later, refresh or sign out.
    Only on Anroid and IOS is working.
    Anyone else has same issue?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search Under Manage Team to Include Other Fields

In earlier build of Teams client, when you search for members by Right click on Team name -> Manage Team page, it would also search on properties like location, apart from names of members. In the recent builds, this doesn't work (It searches only on names). I understand that this is because of change where search is server side instead of client side as it was because. However, we should bring back the ability to include other fields when searching.

Context: I own a team where members are geographically distributed in the company. Having an ability to filter them by…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As an option, when someone sends you a message, the whole program window pops up

Need to have a more visible notification when someone sends a message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Playback voicemails using default communication device

Right now, it plays back over the default speaker but when I have a headset in use, I want to hear it in my headset (default communication device). Voicemail playback should default to this device or allow me to choose the playback device.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For some reason, I'm unable to create a team. When I click "Join or Create Team" there is no option to do so.

My company just did a migration of our email system, and even though it's worked out for the most part, for some reason, I'm unable to create my own teams. I've added a screen shot to show you what comes up. There is only the option to join an existing group or join a group with a code.

Thank you for your help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Teams backend Office 365 Group visible by default in Exchange Online and Outlook

Make Teams backend Office 365 Group is invisible by default in Exchange Online and Outlook.

You need to run the following commands against it to make them visible there:
    Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "TestTeam1" -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled:$false
    Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "TestTeam1" -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled:$false

Please make the change to let Teams backend groups be visible by default as they are needed mainly for calendar functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MS Team Respons Time

MS Team tab swith over responce is not fast for example MS Notes.
    Every time we swith tabs - it fetched data.

Can it be done differently ? Local data catch >> then auto sync etc.

;-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clicking Send during file upload should send when upload is complete

When you are in a chat or conversation and are attaching a file, it's often slow to upload. If you hit the send icon before the upload is complete, it doesn't actually send once the upload is finished. It would be nice if you could hit send and once the upload completed it would automatically send. Otherwise you waste time just sitting there waiting for upload to finish.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why cant i create a team?????

Issue: I cannot create any teams???!!!!!! what should i do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add the function to remove the specific memeber from group chat

Please add the function to remove the specific memeber from group chat. If there is the mistake to invite someone in the group chat , I have to recreate the whole group chat again... This is not productive...
    Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. create a group in team to @ mention

In our Team we have writers and translators. Instead of @ mentioning a channel, we need the ability to @ mention just writers or just translators. It would be great groups in Teams that you can @ mention in the Team and the users in this group will get notified

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve the UX

It isnt clear how it works. When coming from skyoe or hangout, you are not familiar with this kind of social app. Therefore, sending and receiving chat is not natural... subscribing to a grouo is not yet intuitive...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base