Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to share video with iPad SplitScreen/SplitView

I use Teams throughout the day, and use to collaborate with other in/out of my company. I use an 11” iPad Pro and live within a split screen view of Teams and Outlook (25/75 split).

However, when doing this, I am not able to share my video in a Teams Meeting. I would love to be able to stay in split screen mode and be able to share video.

I am currently using iPadOS 13.1(beta). Hopefully this function can be enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User Status Viewing as a list under Team

It would be great if once a team was created, we could have an option to expand the team, which would list all the members in the team, and under each team member, it would display their custom User status. Ex Do not Disturb, Working on Rush Plan , Need Work Ect.

In order to see everyones current status note you have to hover over each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When a Team is created, prompt the owner to add a 2nd owner.

In the event, they leave the company or go on a leave of absence, etc...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize default sort order of folders in Teams

Folders in Teams are sorted by default on last modified date. There is no option to set a different default sort order like an alphabetic sort order.

Please add options that allows the user to set his/her own default sort order in order to sort folder names in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the conditional access by channels

It would be nice if we had this kind function for first line employees.

We've been using StaffHub as outside quick communication tools between managers and front line employees by separating from business conversation. This way gives first line employees are free from the work when the are not in the shift.

After integrating to Teams, all conversation are open in personal device and this change forces us to prepare the additional security for them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When in presentation mode, block/disable incoming chats/messages

When in presentation mode, block/disable incoming chats/messages. This is when attending a meeting in Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable share notes control

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams?WT.mc_id=TeamsAdminCenterCSH#allow-shared-notes

This function is assumed to be a function that cannot be actually used even though it is published in public information.
    We want you to be able to use early.
    Or you should write details in public information, such as what is not yet available.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. permissions matrix of across teams

I would like main admin to be able to see an overview of all permissions granted across teams at once. Ideally a matrix view of teams vs team members with an X where permissioned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy Tasks to same bucket

For some reason when I want to copy a task, it forces me to choose to paste it to a tab in a different channel. I can't select the same channel/bucket that the task is currently in. This is an important ability so I can set up template tasks within a channel and easily replicate them within the channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams notifications are VERY poor and lots of complaints and non-use

Teams notifications are VERY poor and lots of complaints and non-use
    Please add lots of personalization and especially corporate ADMIN overide or defaults.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding Files and text messages to more teams (Microsoft Teams)

It would be great if it would be possible, to share files in the general channel in more teams (like in assignments). I teach more groups so I have to add the files to every team, it would be great if it would be possilble to share files and text messages in more than one team.That function is missing for teachers and teachers need lots of time, to add these things to every team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need a way to administratively disable notifications in channel feeds of membership changes.

Example:
    An employee, Jim Nasium, is placed on administrative leave. Bossman, who has the owner role in a Team of employees, decides to remove Mr. Nasium from the team's membership because he feels it is the right thing to do. Bossman realizes a situation may arise in the fact that the membership change is there for all the team to see.

While we have a mechanism to disable login for situations like this, we would like our users to be able to remove users from their groups without notifications being presented.

1. There needs to be an administrative way to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. providing solution on when an custodian is under legal hold , by defaults all the artifacts created by resource would be under legal hold ,

Build solution on when an custodian is under legal hold , by defaults all the artifacts created by resource would be under legal hold , instead of applying legal holds for individual components like SP and groups mail box ?also what if legal holds users were added to new groups by other individuals and they will start creating the content and conversations , how can we solve that gap

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. About ORG-WIDE Team

I would like to add the ability to create teams ORG-WIDE Team in the Microsoft Teams admin center.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A combined conversation at Team level in Teams

At the team level in the Teams tab I want a combined conversation for all the channels under that Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to reorder channels

It would be helpful to be able to reorder channels for continuity in teams and ease of use for members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open thread as chat

When you open a thread then it shows often "X replies from other persons". With a bigger thread it is sometimes harder to read. Use an option (double click??) on a thread to open it as a chat.

The most part of this feature is apparently already available, since when I copy the link of a thread and open it through the browser, Microsoft teams will open the thread as a chat. I can't find this access through the Microsoft Teams window however.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move or copy channels

Need to be able to move or copy channels and tabs to other teams and channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Automatically admit people" information icon should include the words "Allow dial-in users to bypass the lobby must be set to ON"

"Automatically admit people" information icon should include the words "Allow dial-in users to bypass the lobby must be set to ON"

[Ticket #:16312372] update global meeting policy issue

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "To Do" due date for Next Week = Monday not Sunday

To Do for Business "Next Week" assignment should avoid Saturday/Sunday - likely default to next Monday. When I click on the "Add due date" and "Next Week" the default to Sunday isn't useful when for business usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.