Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. live event Added later

It is currently not possible to add permissions and invite users after starting a live event.
    I want you to be able to do it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow setting the expiration date on the guest access invitation email in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のゲストアクセス招待メールの有効期限を設定したい
    Allow setting the expiration date on the guest access invitation email in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    セキュリティ上の問題があるので、Microsoft Teams のゲストアクセス招待メールのリンクについて、任意で有効期限が設定できるようにしてほしい。

With security issues in mind, allow an optional setting of expiration date for the link in the guest access invitation email in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Integration of a Tasklist (linked to MS Planner) into MS Teams.

Integration of Task lists (linked to MS Planner) into MS Teams.

It would significantly increase productivity in our different virtual teams (within the organization and across organizations), if task lists, similar to the MS Teams education version, would be available on short notice.

Task lists, that are linked to MS Planner, per channel and/or teams as well as linked to own tasks (linked to Planner and Outlook tasks).

This need has already be expressed by a lot of teams and companies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to intentionally split a recorded file in a Teams meeting

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議で録画したファイルを意図的に分割したい
    I want to intentionally split a recorded file in a Teams meeting

■Description(内容):
    現時点の動作では、1 時間で 400 MB を自動的に録画される動作になっているが、ユーザーが意図的に分割できる機能を追加してほしい
    In the current behavior, 400 MB is automatically recorded in an hour, but i want you to add a feature that allows users to intentionally split

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I really want to know - at any time, without tuching a key - whether I am muted. Show it on my icon

My Mute status should be visible on screen at all times. Preferrably blinking if I am muted. Too often people talk when they're muted because they don't realize that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't bold the channel when members are added or removed

If the only update on a team/channel is that a member has been added or removed, don't bold the team/channel in the list. Or at least make it an option. This is a low value update and I would like the choice to not know about it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove number of Tags Restrictions

Please remove the 100 tags limitation as it restricts organizations with large number of people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow adding members to a team from the organization section

When viewing a person's organization tab, allow for adding that person to a team or teams directly from the organization tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams use through Phone and Desktop simultaneously

Since several users are connecting from home during the 2020 Covid-19 situation. The audio quality for the Teams install through the Office PC remoted through Citrix is not good. It is therefore required to make audio calls through the Teams install on the phones. For the screen share of content that is on the Office network, It is required to use the share from the Office desktop. These 2, have to happen together. Please include this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams - Enable Remote control via web browser

Teams - Enable Remote control via web browser
    We are an ITaaS. We are looking to use Teams to remote into our clients desktops and assist them. When sending a meeting request for them to join it prompts to down load teams or join by web browser. When joining by web browser we can not take control of the desktop to resolve the technical issue. They must down load the teams app which they do not want to do. Some clients are not technical and we the simplicity that joining by web browser holds. When our technical support call ends…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exclude missed calls from Activity feed

It would be nice to exclude missed calls from the Activity feed. I get a ton of cold calls that I don't pick up and they flood my activity feed, making it harder to see the important stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Password protection and Waiting room

Is there a way to password protect an external invitee? this will be helpful. In addition, There should be a waiting room for every invitee regardless of if they are from same team/ Organization or external Guest (There is a lobby for guest currently)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visa alla uppgifter från olika teams samtidigt

Hej!
    Jag skulle vilja kunna se alla uppgifter från olika team samtidigt när jag går in på uppgifter, utan genom att behöva välja ett team.
    Nu kan man antingen gå in via ett specifikt team och se uppgifterna där eller gå på uppgifter och sedan välja ett specifikt team för att se uppgifterna.

//Mvh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow me to export a conversation to MS Word for documentation

We need to document for SOX reporting. Can we have the ability to export a conversation into MS Word?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. cuando alguien genere un post en el grupo que envie un correo notificando que hay algo nuevo y sea configurable ya se diario o en resumen

NO notifica a nadie que hay algo nuevo publicado en los canales o no hay un resumen de la semana que se envie a los team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create Teams viewer for Azure Data Studio Notebooks

Teams allows the storage of files in a channel. One of the files I want to store is an Azure Data Studio notebook (*.ipynb). While I can store these files, I am unable to view the contents of the files while within Teams. If I want to view the notebook, Teams has to download it - and then I have to upload/overlay it if/when I need to update it.

My idea is to allow the viewing of the notebook, and potentially updating at least the text portion of the notebook entries.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Owners or global admins should have the ability to edit messages/posts.

We have a group of people that work on posts in the same channel. Each needs the ability to modify the post/message as needed. Tagging with initials or something of a sort would be beneficial also.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MS Teams Sandbox for Training and Testing

Trainers, Power Users and Administrators need a MS Teams Sandbox to use for training staff in the organization. Sometime when you use your MS Team account there might be confidential teams and channels that a trainer might not want to share with the trainees / students

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clubhouse experience - Audio Channel

Every new team should get an out of the box channel called 'Clubhouse' that is a 24/7 audio chat room for teams to hang out in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. search assingment

We need a bar or tool box to search an assingment. Nowadays we have to move across the complete list of assignments to find what you're looking for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base