Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Favourites/shortcuts

I would like to be able to favourite chats, tabs or teams so I can get straight to them from the sidebar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make a link of sharepoint files on Teams application instead of teams file link

If I make a link to a file on Teams application, that link opens a web browser first. Other hand a link copied on Sharepoint, that link opens a office file directly. I want to have a feature to make a sharepoint link on Teams application

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. support Skype ready devices properly (e.g. mute/unmute buttons)

Enable all the functionalities of 3rd party devices "ready for skype" (mute/unmute etc) in teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Status Bar - Teams

In chat section for teams ,the status bar doesn't show away status when we lock the system.Can we fix this bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chat history

It would be nice to be able to hide or delete old chat history to "clean it up". Looks to messy and makes me feel unorganized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A diagram tool like power BI for channel usage

This may exist but I would like to see a chart for the usage in my channels and not just how many users and channels i have. This would help me in determining the necessity of a channel. It would also be nice to maybe track key words used to help determine if a new channel needs to be created or if a certain topic needs to be addressed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. join search

When you click on 'join or create a team', a search bar is offered but it only allows search by the start of the name. e.g. "The Social Club" cannot be found be a search for social or club, it would be more intuitive if this were possible.

The workaround of using /Join in the top application search/command bar works as expected.

Please fix the search to be more intuitive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams notifications.

In the teams section we should be able to turn on notifications the same way we receive them in individual chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Personalized Label for Contacts in Groups

When contacts (we use many external people) are added, we would like to be able to relabel (like name or title) them, instead of seeing their email address

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. work time recording

For every seqences/flow/process it is usefull to record the work time from every staff member. At the end you can get a summary of the whole time for the task, the project, for month and for the year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pinned Messages in normal channels not just private chats

The ability to pin messages in Channels. Also the ability search for "important" tag on a message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Control of "Get Link to Team"

Change "Get Link to Team" to be hidden for each team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Team created by Office 365 admin center or Graph API is reflect in teams app late sometime.

Creating Team with Office 365 admin center or Graph API,Sometime It takes time for that to appears The Team on Teams App(Desktop and Mobile).
    So I want to appear Teams created on Teams App(Desktop and Mobile) immediate.
    Creating Team with Teams App(Desktop and Mobile),Always The Team appears immediate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Issuing URLs to chat with specific users

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    特定のユーザーとのチャット画面が開く URL を発行できるようにしてほしい

Issuing URLs to chat with specific users
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePoint サイトなどに URL を埋め込み、クリックすると、特定のユーザーとのチャットが開始できるような運用を考えているが、現時点では、Teams で特定のユーザーとのチャット画面が開く URL が発行できないとのことだった。
    今後、任意のユーザーとのチャットを簡単に開始できるようにするため、どのユーザーがクリックしても、特定のユーザーとのチャットが開始できるような URL を発行する機能を提供してほしい。

We are thinking about to embed URL into SharePoint site to start chatting with specific users in Teams, however, it is not possible to issue the URL for chatting.
    For improvement of usability, please allow us to issue the URLs for chatting with specific users in Teams chat. We believe this feature will make it easier to start chatting with others.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. priority notifications in Teams conversations in channels

The new priority messaging feature in chats is very useful, however it would be great if this feature could be used within Team conversations in channels. This way all Team members can receive recurring alerts for urgent messages. Very handy in healthcare.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Read recipts for group or teams (just like WhatsApp)

Read receipts for group or teams (just like WhatsApp)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easier transition with multiple signins

I have two different user ids to sign into teams. Please give me a better option then having to sign in and sign out of each one. I want teams to memorize all my signin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nicknames

I would like to see the idea of Nicknaming your close friends be a thing, where u can choose what your friends gamertags are(on your console only) so its easier to find them

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams+Planner+Chat exclusivo

Me gustaría que en mi Planner, desde Teams, se pueda generar una conversación unica y exclusivamente de una TAREA en especifico sin tene

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The size of the Teams Ap on my computer is too large, make it skinnier and please help to erase the conversations if needed...

The size of the Teams Ap takes up too much of my screen, make it so we can make it smaller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.