Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add External members on the fly in a meeting

On a meeting, cannot add an external member, the only option is to copy the meeting link and paste on other application.

It should let me send email link directly from search contact, like in SfB was...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the embedded Whiteboard

Is very difficult to use a third party whiteboard, you are MS come on, the best developer team, this need to be ready after end of 2018...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a status for chat threads

In the "Teams" channels, we have a group of 4 main people. We often get multiple conversations going at the same time. One person habitually doesn't respond, and I forget I had an outstanding question until the bug comes back to *******. It would be helpful if individual chat threads within channels had a status, with a simple list of options like: "Open" and "Closed". Maybe another one like "Waiting on response from @personname". Then to build on that, it would be helpful to better arrange all the open conversation topics, kind of like a project management system, which Teams…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams mobile app

On the Team mobile app there is no function to call the user on their mobile device directly. This feature existed in Skype for Business. Can this feature be added?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More Teams-Features

What is about this features?

A good feature would be to aministrate rolls within channels behind the groups !

And connect or attach messages at the answer if they are pertinent to anouther aswer
    -> Start a Conversation
    -> get answer 1 to the conversation
    -> get answer 2 to the conversation (but in a new conversation) -> attach to answer 1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When creating a Team from a template, copy over tabs (including links), the Files tab file/folder structure, and ability to copy lists

Take the current template functionality a step further by allowing the user to copy tabs that also setup the links/products they point to, allow files and folder structures from the files tab to copy over, and also allow the user to pick and choose other content from the SharePoint Team site like lists, doc libraries, etc. A use case our ours is having a Team setup to solely act as a template Team for Projects Managers to copy from so that they can have a standard setup for all projects.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tabs in Teams

Please make finally possible to change default tabs. 'Conversations' tab opens by default, while users should be able to decide which tab should be opening when the Team is accessed. For example, our need is to have the 'Files' tab opened by default because our company's primary use of Teams is document management. Anyway, the Conversations tabs is a messy place because it also displays logs of system changes and mixes with users conversations.

CTA.int

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit Teams in the app

We need the ability, as a Team ‘Owner’ to edit all content within the mobile apps. Currently you can only edit the channel names. It would be great if you could edit tabs, files etc. too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: xxxx@amer.teams.ms Could not create the email message on Microsoft Teams: th

Emails suddenly started failing for one of my channels. I had to recreate the channel and get a new address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate Channels from one team into one Dashboard channel for that Team

If your team has 50 projects and those projects have 10 standard data points across each project, it would be great if when you are setting up a channel, you could identify those data points and assign them to the main dashboard to autofill. For example, every project is its own channel under one Team and it has a name, project code, project owner, etc...and you may want a dashboard that collects all of the Project Names, codes, and data points in one list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Read / Unread Conversations, Files & Wiki items

Next to each Team name show the number of unread pieces of information.
    Next to each Channel name show the number of Unread items.
    Within a channel in each tab (conversation, files, wiki and more) :
    1. show the number of unread items
    2. allow to filter on unread items only

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tracking changes in Microsoft Teams

It's a real bummer to not be able to track changes when files are edited in MS teams. I am a teacher and I think this feature is so important for me to give students feedback (my edits) on the work they submitted.

Hope to see this feature soon!

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Extend the Size of a Post in a Channel

I cant tell you how often I attempt to share a email thread or a large blog in TEAMS and have the "You'll need to shorten your message to send it." message appear, requiring me to hack out most URLs and email addresses. Becomes very unusable for deep technical posts.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow a SharePoint Team Site to be viewed on the MS Teams Desktop Application

We have created a Team Site on share point and would like users from our organization to be able to view the team site from the Microsoft Teams application on the desktop. This would allow our users to use the Team Site without having to log on via a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Links Rollup Tab

Ability to click a tab that will rollup all links in a chat, whether private chat, group chat, channel chat etc. Similar to how WhatsApp work

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make a progressive web app for teams

Make a progressive web app (that also works in Chrome on Android). The existing app now requires more components installed that can wipe my device (no go for me)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use of a laser pointer in screen share

Having the use of a laser pointer in screenshare within Teams, and the ability to switch between a laser pointer, normal arrow and drawing pen would be an extremely useful addition.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Deselecting file by clicking on background

It would be great if in the "Files" tab in Teams client (Windows app), clicking on the background would deselect the active file.
    You need to have no file selected to use the "New Object' button. This would help a lot and be intuitive.
    Currently you need to reload the page to do that. I'm not sure if that's a bug or just no one though to do it this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assign team work inside class

Add an ability to submit assignments in teams. Case:
    A class of students performs an experiment in small groups and each and every group needs to submit a common report. All members of the same group work on a single Word report. All members of the group should be able to see the common grade, comments etc.
    In my view, there is a need to have a possibility to create subgroups in Teams (or just in assignment module) and allow submission of assignments in subgroups.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hide Admin Tasks from Conversations Tab

Would be great to see the Conversations tab as just 'Conversations' and not show all of the Admin pieces performed in the Team. I think only users who are 'Owners' should be able to see all of the admin changes to a team, as to 'Members' it just looks messy. Also why not put any 'changes' into an 'Admin' tab or something like that

Would be great to have also be able to 'pin to the top' a conversation - such as a 'Welcome' message that everyone can see, particularly those who join late to a Team.

I've created a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base