Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook Tasks Integration

Need to have a way to integrate with Outlook tasks, or have task management within teams that operates like Outlook tasks allowing you to get reminders for due tasks, view your tasks list etc.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Private Teams should not show up in Suggestions

Private Teams should not show up in Suggestions
    Right now, any "Team" can show up in the list of suggested teams for users to join, regardless if it is set to private. The "suggested list of teams to join" should not include teams that are private, or there should be an option on Team configuration to let that team be included or hidden from suggestions. This could be a problem if users do not create generic names for their Team. For example, if HR creates a team called "Upcoming Layoffs" as a private team, they may not want that showing…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a team from my organization team

Create a team from my organization team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Favorites toolbar

Offer a Favorites channels toolbar or section int he current Favorites left column, which lists favorits team\channel with unread count.

As the activity happens inside channels, it makes more sense to have a fast shortcut to the channels so I can go directly to it with one click.

Today is cumbersome if I have more than 10 teams or so: I have to key-in the name of the team ("General" is everywhere), then go to the team's channels list and click the channel... too many steps!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fustrated

Team is currently opened on my screen in Full screen mode. I can not minimize the screen which is VERY frustrating. It's either I close out Teams all together or I completely minimize the window which I'm not trying to do. I just want to resize the Teams window so that it is not taking up my entire screen. This is not an issue with any other Microsoft product. Please provide a fix. I do not see the "Minimize, Maximize, Close" options in the top right corner. How do I resize my Teams application window?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Release Teams to Office 365 Personal accounts

Teams is accessible for professional and education accounts. Please release it to personal accounts. This would help spreading Office 365 usage.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Virtual office...floorplan that allows teams to collaborate, work and meet

What would be good is a REAL virtual office. Floorplan with working areas, conference rooms, break rooms (for when people are at lunch or away), lobby, etc...
    Each room would be screen-sharing capable and video conferencing capable. Each member could be a "meeple" or a figure so that individuals could recognize.
    You could close the door for private conversations, could still put up "busy", "available", etc. signs so people know your status.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize Team Member Directory - Contact

Allow for customized fields, or expanded fields (from Active Directory) or personalized profile information to be included in the Contact Card display when you hover over a team member in the team list. We'd like to be able to add, edit and view additional skill sets, interests, DiSC styles, so we can better know our team (which is often virtual)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. last read

Would like channels to automatically open at the Last Read location and not automatically mark everything as read so that I can track my actual location (like Yammer did).

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share specific folder within Sharepoint Document Library for channels in Teams

While allowing different document libraries works to share specific content in Teams, it requires moving documents that already exist. This creates a problem for users who have already synced folders or created links to files in the current structure.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calendar coloring

Would be good if we can have a color code option in Microsoft Teams Calendar to identify calendar events quickly!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate function "Enter"

Enterですぐにpostすると困る。To post text, just pushing "Enter" is a problem. To post, click the icon, to make new a line, push "Enter". ,Separate

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow bots in chat, not just channels.

It would be helpful to use bots in 1on1 as well as multi-person chats.

One example is Polly. What if I want to send a quick, interactive poll to several members of staff who are not in a team together, maybe for something as simple as lunch? Creating a team for this would create unnecessary clutter for the user, as well as on the back end. It would be easiest if I could just contact Polly directly from a chat, and have the usability immediately integrated.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filter the conversations (Teams) with the most recent activity at the top

On Teams, the position of teams and channels are static. Before Teams was available, I used to use GroupMe. I liked the feature of seeing the most active and recent conversation at the top of the conversation list. Therefore, I could always know what conversation was the most active and needed my attention. Additionally, for the conversation that was most inactive, I could either stimulate more conversation or decide whether it was time to retire the group or resign from it. Would you consider adding this feature?

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag&drop feature

I like to see that you can upload & download files/folders via the Drag&drop-principe from your computer to teams and back.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow multiple profile instances of desktop version of Teams

I would love the ability to have more than one instance of the Teams desktop application running so that I can easily jump between information located in different places in Teams. As an example, today I can run multiple instances of Outlook allowing me to click on one instance to view emails and a second instance to view the calendar. This allows me to easily to windowed side-by-side comparisons and not "lose my place" from where I was looking at before if I want to look somewhere else in the application.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configuration of a Call Queue for a Team

It would be great if there could be integration between a Team and the Call Queue functionality that is currently in Skype for Business Online (combined with Auto-Attendant).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add function for different teams and easy swap between teams

add new teams and visible button in interface to swap between different teams (with unique e-mail) should be implemented.
    Now I need to log in and out each time to change team (connected to unique e-mails).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Team Owners to assign members as followers of a channel

The way that Channels work is not particularly useful when it comes to getting users to adopt and use Teams. The workflow for project channels should be:
    Set up the channel, set it's purpose, specify which people in the team need to follow the channel, have them automatically follow it, and then @channel them all and welcome them - and only them - to the new project channel.

1. Channel creators should be able to specify which colleagues need to be following the channel, and do this for them automatically to help them get to know Teams works and ensure…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show teams you're already part of in the app

I'm a member of a team but the app says I'm not. So why not have a Teams app that actually shows Teams?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.