Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Misspelling suggestions

When a word is thought to be misspelled there is a red zigzag under the word as is throughout other MSoft Apps. When you right click the subject word in TEAMs the "add to dictionary" option isn't there like it is in all other MSoft Apps. Please add this function, thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Formatting - Remove Hyperlink/Clear Formatting

There's no way to remove the link-ness of text in the teams editor. Need a "clear formatting" or "remove link" button in the link options box.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recording With With Bussines Premium Plans

Office 365 Bussines Premium are not able to record meeting in teams, before in SfB all user has this ability, almost permit local record optionally, we pay a lot to MS, other companies like ZOOM permit recording for free... is innaceptable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Org-Wide option for existing Teams or PowerShell API WebHook Cmdlt?

It will be a good idea to immediately propose a solution to make the existing Teams in Org-Wide mode, either by powershell script, or directly in the interface settings!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. search

Search in Teams including my Outlook!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Multi-Account Unterstützung

Ich nutze Teams in der Schule, mit einer anderen Adresse zur Fortbildung und mit meiner privaten Mail-Adresse.
    Daher wäre eine Multi-Account Unterstützung hilfreich, damit man dich nicht immer wieder an- und abmelden musst und / oder mehrere Fenster von Teams öffnen können mit unterschiedlichen Mailadressen.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Larger Chat Function

Hi. I saw that you all are working on creating larger chat options for more than 20 people. Is there an estimated timeline?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem with "Your upgrade to Teams is scheduled" email - no tenant listed

Product team - the emails that are being sent out to clients titled "Your upgrade to Teams is scheduled" do not list the name of the company being upgraded. We are a CSP and represent multiple companies. We have a single point of contact for multiple tenants for the receipt of notifications from Microsoft. Normally Microsoft includes the tenant/company name in the emails they send. However, these upgrade notices are coming with just 30 days notice and we have no idea which tenant the note applies to.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Messages not being received

We have had one individual who has not been receiving messages. I sent her a message this morning which never appeared until I sent a test message hours later. She then recieved both messages as well as another message sent by a different team member over a week ago.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Too clunky of a UI

It's too hard to move around in. I know its not too hard but it needs to be perfect like Slack. Compact, easy to read. Right now there are too many tabs and I sometimes get lost. I want zero chance of getting lost like Slack

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams meetings in Microsoft Flow

I'd like to be able to create a teams meeting with Microsoft Flow, including sending out the link to "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting", Conference ID.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it clearer to the user how to reply to a message in a channel, rather than starting a new thread

Make it clearer to the user how to reply to a message in a channel, rather than starting a new thread. Many users don't understand that they are starting a new thread each time, when they probably don't mean to.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link assignments set within within Teams to a team mark book

Link assignments set within within Teams to a team mark book

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give badges to student for his progress. Custom badge integration.

Possibility to give badges to student for his progress and possibility for custom badge integration inside Teams.

Great for student motivation!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi guys... I would like to help..

When I type several messages into a TEAMS window they appear above the text box as distinct messages... but the skype method of grouping them together gives a much smoother user experience and critically... if I select and right click on a previously typed message I get option 'quote message' .. highly useful in a busy chat session. I can also select a previous message and forward to anyone... also very useful.

overall you need to compact the message thread.... its too gappy. .. remove the reply button.. why is it not inside the three dots on right side??? this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent Group Owner adding to Teams

In regards to MC151939 we would like to ability to prevent the group owner being able to add MS Teams directly from SharePoint Online team sites. At this point in time we do not want to use MS Teams throughout the organization.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Where does TEAMS copy images that have been right-clicked and selected for copy image?

When I right-click on an image in Teams and select 'Copy image' it does not insert the image into the Windows clipboard.

To where does it copy it?

Oh wait, I know: To the home of Clippy the Windows Assistant!
    (Which, by the way, is inaccessible to the user.)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nick name

사용자가 직접 Nick Name을 입력할 수 있고, Nick name을 호출할 수 있게 해주세요.

Slack에서 이전 과정에 Nick name 처리에 애로가 있어서 강력한 요청 드립니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nick name

사용자가 직접 Nick Name을 입력할 수 있고, Nick name을 호출할 수 있게 해주세요.

Slack에서 이전 과정에 Nick name 처리에 애로가 있어서 강력한 요청 드립니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Seriously? You want me to vote for 6678 comments on allowing Teams to be sorted alphabetically? Seriously? I can't even sort this list.

There are 6,600 comments on sorting Teams alphabetically, yet you want me to go in and "vote" for each one. Scheese! What were you thinking? I can't even sort this list from most to least votes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base