Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sorting or numeration of channels

It will be better if teams could sort list of channels by numerations. It works only up to 9, after sorting goes crazy )))

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't delete quick poll from Teams

There is no option to delete a quick poll from a teams channel, that I can find. The ellipses does not have a delete option. I can remove the form from Forms, but it doesn't remove it from the channel in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adding additional symbol like tick and/or cross beside each posts in Teams

Beside having the thumb up symbol beside each posts in Teams, could we having additional symbol like tick and/or cross too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is it possible to create dropdown options in MS teams?

It would be great to have a Dropdown menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. While in a Team under a "Planner" tab, it would be helpful if an entire bucket could be copied/pasted as opposed to only one task at a time.

While in a Team Channel under a "Planner" tab, it would be extremely helpful if an entire bucket could be copied/pasted as opposed to only one task at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. En ocasiones la aplicación se cierra inesperadamente, y hoy no funciona sale error 500

La aplicación se cierra inesperadamente, y hoy no ha fu cionado sale error 500

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sort Conversations by thread creation, not thread replies

I don't like the fact that if someone replies to a thread in a channel, it becomes the newest message added. Channels should be sorted by message/thread creation first, not replies to a thread.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Group alert within Channels

We use Team's for IT related issues for our work area.
    We are not wanting to have several different channels (using as a swarm chat scenario) as most staff would get confused by this.

Looking at, instead of @'ing several people in one team, we can @ a group and all those people will be alerted of the message.

e.g. instead of @'ing 7 people, we go @ServiceDesk and those same seven people are notified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't show location information for a web meeting.

I am test out your new Team function, with good results, but then I saw that you send out a map link in the meeting invitation. It seemed a bit absurd (where is the internet located? ...) but when I clicked on the link it turned out that the link revealed my geographical position.

This is not advisable. The meeting organizer may not want to reveal that he or she is holding the meeting from his or hers living room. Someone else might not want to reveal where he or she is for security reasons.

My advice is that you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. TeamsのIDを簡単に切れ変えできるようにして欲しいです。

TeamsのIDを簡単に切れ変えできるようにして欲しいです。
    いくつかのチームで兼任している時、TeamsのIDが簡単に切れ変えできるようになると非常に助かります。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. status

the Status option is new - I like it.

the duration to show the status could be better.

I suggest adding the option to display for the 'weekend' and give the option to present the status between 2 dates - like my out of office.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Member and Channel Member

Team member of an organization might be member of one project/channel and might not be member of other project/channel. So I am supporting this idea: to be able to create a channel that consists some of (not all) team member.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can you include meeting re-scheduling option?

Can you include meeting re-scheduling option in Teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recent Tab Clutter

To reduce clutter can we remove the option for view the last chat message received that is shown under the users name in the Recent tab?

See attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hidden Chats

Will it be possible to have a tab (located next to Recent and Contacts) that will show the history or hidden chats since if they are unable to be deleted at this time?

It could be called "Hidden" or "History" allowing users to go back and view this information without having to start a new chat or search.

Currently the Recent tab is full and cluttered as we are unable to delete chats; Only hide the conversation. Once it is hidden the only way to retrieve it is to search for the user or the chat topics.

Thank you.

TeamMicrosoftHere

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow search in chat to extend to file name and file contents.

Currently it's not feasible to search the file name and contents of an attached in chat window using keywords. This can be done in Slack.

This would be a great feature as it would allow Teams to compete with Slack. We would love to have one product that does it all so we can move away from other alternatives such as Slack.

Thank you.

TeamMicrosoftHere

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I just noticed that a reply to an older post bumps that post to the most recent...which makes the history of the channel more complicate.

I noticed that when a reply is made to an older post, it bumps that posted conversation to the most recent, even if it's months old. That makes it challenging when trying to go back and review the chronological history of channel conversation. Curios to know if others are experiencing challenges with this feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MS Teams - Chat: Ability to add someone in a chat

MS Teams - Chat: Ability to add someone in a chat without losing the existing conversation stream

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "See more"needs to be Defined better

I hear this all the time that people skip over the words "See more"
    I don't understand this but it happens to a lot to people that are new to teams or don't use it much.

we need "See More" to be better defined, so people understands
    the message was cut off and you must expand to see all the post.
    I think part of the issue could be if the post is cut off over white space, it could look like the end of the post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. show subject in saved conversations

When you open the list of saved conversations, I think it would be usefull to also show the subject of the conversation.
    The information that is shown at this moment is insufficient to find a conversation quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base