Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook Add-In

It would be nice to have a Teams Outlook add-in (like Evernote add-in) in order to save an e-mail into a chosen channel.
    This would bring a rastreability of certain issue/case/project

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to embed multiple OneNote Class Notebooks into a Team (e.g. one in each Channel)

Make it possible for teachers to have more than one OneNote Class Notebook embedded into a Team - e.g. one notebook in each channel. Thsi wold be really useful for teachers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create SharePoint site collections for Teams under /teams/

Teams site collections get automatically created under /sites/ should default to /teams/ reserve /sites/ for intranet better yet allow SharePoint admins to control

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. links in teams

Within the Teams Files area, allow links to documents stored elsewhere (especially in SharePoint) to be added, just as we can add links to documents within standard SharePoint libraries

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow One Channel to Subscribe to Another Channel in a Different Team

At my office (a medium sized Architecture and ID Office) we have about a dozen Teams for real life committees that develop office wide best practices. Right now the only way to find out new news is to get the committee to post to our Office Wide Team, in their committees channel. This allows non committee members to get updates on the work they are doing. If I (as an admin) could simply SUBSCRIBE my Office Wide Channel to a designated Channel within the Committee Team, the whole staff could stay updated on committee goings on without having to join…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please please please let us delete/rename the 'General' channel

Please please please let us delete/rename the 'General' channel

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to export the discussion in a channel for ducumentation

It would be nice to have the ability to save the channel discussion for documentation purposes, say, a special channel made for a design review.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. activity feed filter by person activity

It would be nice to see by person the most recent activity. Like to see the last activity by my manager in the team.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustable column width for "Favorites" Side Bar

On the Teams desktop app, there is a side bar column that shows all of your Favorites. This is a fairly wide column that takes up a lot of space on the screen and is not adjustable. Would be great to have flexibility to adjust the column width to open up screen space for teams content. On my app, the favorites column is 2-3x wider than it should be. Thanks!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable edit of Office template files (.potx,.xltx,.dotx) in Teams Files

Currently users are unable to edit Office template files (.potx,.xltx,.dotx) in Teams Files. For these format files, if modification is needed, users need to download the files from Teams, modify the content, then upload the file again to Teams Files.

Current workaround is user can select the file then choose "Open in SharePoint", then modify the file in SharePoint. But this introduces additional work for users.

We would like to have this feature, enable edit of Office template files (.potx, .xltx, .dotx) in Teams Channel directly like other normal Office files (.pptx, .xlsx, .docx).

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Who has viewed a channel message

Our IT department is testing out Teams but noticed a feature that doesn't exist (or that we could find) that exists on other messaging platforms. having the ability to see who viewed a message in a channel.

This feature becomes extremely important when you have teams with a lot of users in a channel and not everyone has to reply because it is more used as live status information and just need to make sure that your team is staying engaged and viewing the messages.

Teams offers a lot of great features, but this one feature is key and extremely…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to be on teams that are across orgs. For example I want to be on a team within my company and also have a team set up for an

I would like to go from a team that is inside one org to another org without logging out and logging back in with the other orgs credentials.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I cannot hear any Notification Sound, even it is enabled as ALL from Settings

I cannot hear any Notification Sound, even it is enabled as ALL from Settings.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Modify channels such that the primary conversation happens directly within the channel

I worked out one of the reasons I dislike Microsoft Teams.

Teams conversation workflow is inverted from Slack's and I feel that Teams is, oddly enough, anti-team building.

Here's what I mean. In a slack channel, there is a single main chat thread. Everyone in the channel contributes to that main thread. Separate conversations can spin off (via threads) if need be but for the most part, everyone contributes to a single thread.

In Teams every new entry in the main channel is a start to a new conversation, a new thread. To reply to a specific conversation you don't…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. increase favorite chats or allow persistent chat settings

Either allow increase of favorite chats above 15 or allow to make chats persistent. I am seeing chats disappear from search after a certain amount of time. Some chats i would like to keep open or at least searchable for a longer period. I see favorite chats are persistent but limited to 15 favorites.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Using Existing SharePoint Team Site/Notebook - Just Makes Sense

Allow Using Existing SharePoint Team Site/Notebook - Just Makes Sense

The Bot responded:
    Can I move content from my existing OneNote and SharePoint sites to Microsoft Teams?
    Unfortunately, you can't move content from an existing OneNote or SharePoint site to Microsoft Teams right now.

BOO

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide teams toolbar

We would like to hide the teams toolbar that stays in the left of the client. It takes up a lot of space in the view that could be used to improve the navigation in the team.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand only new comments in a thread

We often have threads that get fairly long, 40+ replies. When this happens, it would be nice to be able to only expand the comments section to show the new comments.

So say you have 56 replies to a thread, and while you are working on something else 7 new replies get added. If when you return to the thread it is collapsed to only show the most recent comment, you only have the option to expand to show all replies. This means that you have to scroll through the 56 old replies that you have already read in order…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why Team reflects in sharepoint

Hello! I am new to Teams. When i create a team (For a particular Project), I find that it reflects in Sharepoint too! How can i disable this

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Member Permissions for Channels

Request #1: Currently, as shown in that attachment, permissions can only be changed for the general channel. Allow these settings to be changed for each channel.

Request #2: Add an addition option where "Only owners can start a new conversation, but anyone can reply". Example use: Only a manager could post an announcement, but everyone could reply to that comment.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.