Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Conversation Threads with Planner Comments

Right now Planner comments are shared as conversations in the Group messages/emails. It would be helpful if each Planner task is a a thread in Teams, and any comments in the Planner are replies in the Teams thread and vise versa.
    When the thread is first created, it can use the task title and description for content.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View saved messages button and Switch account button on the left pane

I think that [View saved messages] button and [Switch account button] should be set as shortcut on the left pane.
    Currently access path are inconvenience.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bulk operations with messages like select several to delete.

Bulk operations with messages like select several to dekete. Now have to delete one by one. Or, if this is already possible - can not find i

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Channels should be "followed" automatically

The current system is really bad. Not only do you have to opt in to get notifications from a channel (i.e. "follow" the channel), but you have to DIG for the option. It's really counterintuitive.

For this reason, nobody at my company uses Teams for announcements. Because Teams groupchats are so limited (limited number of people, inability to remove users even after they leave the company, etc), and everybody knows that the Teams/Channels part of Teams is a ghosttown, some of us even switched to Slack for some groupchats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I feel, if we the team members get email or pop-up..whenever new task assigned and update done, and the subject closed.

I feel, if we the team members get email or pop-up..whenever new task assigned and update done, and the subject closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How do I go back to Skype

Hate the new teams, just give me back Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Messages not being received

We have had one individual who has not been receiving messages. I sent her a message this morning which never appeared until I sent a test message hours later. She then recieved both messages as well as another message sent by a different team member over a week ago.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easier access to private chats and "team channels" (like slack)

Today, the channels for the teams as well as private chats are hidden away - they are not directly accessible.

I have to first click "Chat" and then choose from the list. Likewise, I have to first click "Teams" and then choose a channel in a team.

I would prefer if private chats as well as teams are available in the left-side column directly, like it is in Slack. It faster and clearer; you can indicate immediately if there is something new in a specific channel or chat.

Perhaps, if a limit would be needed, the Favorite chats and channels…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Seperate the shared screen and speaker viewer

When the person speaking, is sharing their screen, I cant view both the shared screen, and them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. share folder

i want to share a folder in a channel to another channel
    I copied the link of the folder, and i want to add that folder link in another chanell by add sharepoint, but it always looking for most high level folder, not the folder specified by me, how can i just share that folder i want to share?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams meetings in Microsoft Flow

I'd like to be able to create a teams meeting with Microsoft Flow, including sending out the link to "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting", Conference ID.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to Spin off new chat Topic from old Group Chat.

Group Chat: option to Spin off new chat Topic from old Group Chat.
    Lets say I have a Group Chat with 40 people and we are talking about the best cookies.
    Later I need to start a new Subject “best cars” with the same group of people, right now I must type in each person in.

But if you had the option to Start new Topic and it pulls the participants names out and starts a new chat with them. It would same me from having to type them all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to indicate when an @ mention in Teams is an Action vs. FYI

Today when you @ someone in Teams they are notified.  I would like to be able to indicate when an @ means an action vs. an FYI.  Many people manage their To-Do list via emails that are in their inbox.  It would be good to be able to know when something is an action to have that in my email to-do box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scrollback issues in Teams App

The scrollback functionality to see chat history behaves horribly. I should be able to scroll back to the very beginning with ctrl-home, but it only seems to scroll to the top of what's in memory. I would like to be able to search a chat for a term but instead I have to keep trying and failing to scroll up to a point in time, and then I can't scroll back down. it's horrific.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams

It would be nice to be able to pin a condensed window of Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move to top option for new items in Meeting Wiki

The Meeting notes Wiki need the option to auto place new items at the top and additionally re-order options for Move to Top and Move to Bottom in addition to Move Up and Move Down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.