Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to see the feature to hide “Add members” button from users who are not the owner of the team

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams において所有者でないメンバーに [メンバーを追加] が表示されないような設定が可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    Allow us to see the feature to hide “Add members” button from users who are not the owner of the team

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のチームに所有者でない "メンバー" がメンバーを追加する場合、チームにメンバーを追加することを要求するメールが所有者宛に送信される動作かと存じます。この動作により、所有者から要求を承認されない限り、メンバーの追加が不可能な動作となっております。しかしながら、不要に要求をされることで不要なメールを受信し、承認または拒否をする工数が発生する為、所有者でないメンバーには、[メンバーを追加] の表示がされないよう設定が可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

In current design, team owner will receive an email and need to accept or deny when team “members” who are not owner add another user as member, and general users are not able to add new members unless the owner accept the request. This design increases team owner’s unnecessary emails or workload for accepting or denying those requests.
    Therefore, I would like…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add archiving feature on Teams' posts

Considering that teams channel are sometime used for discussing projects, problems, long term plans, etc. in business regardless of the size. Having the possibility to archive an entire post (and its replies) either in an dedicated archive feature added to teams or give the option to send the post to a different teams / channel ( that would be used for various backup decisions or archiving data) would be a great addition to MS Teams.

This would go hand in hand with the search feature in Teams to easily find old post that would be relevant reference to a new…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deleting a group and its members

Create a group, add members. Delete one by one.
    at the end when only you and another person is left in the group, you won't be able to remove him or delete the conversation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show person's status when searching for them in the search bar on their profile picture

Show person's status when searching for them in the search bar on their profile picture

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. blocked sign in user leave the team notification

When user has been removed from Team, there is a notification. But if you blocked that user sign in and leave the team, it still shows notification. Please remove it. Also, it shows on Teams mobile app not on desktop client, please fix

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. About Guest access

Basically, I would like to create a team that prohibits guest access and allow only specific teams to have guest access.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow a phone user to add users from lobby via key pad presses in a meeting without using the app

Allow a meeting organiser using a phone to add users from lobby via key pad presses in a meeting without using the app

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add multiple team members at one time. Name; Name; Name; etc

When managing teams it would be great to add multiple names at one time. I maintain a roster of names. Being able to concatenate all of the staff members I want to add (from the excel file), and pasting the concatenated list as ONE addition would make team set up much easier.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop emoji animation

Please stop all emoji animation by default. It is incredible annoying and distracting and feels very unproffessional.

I like to send a thumbs up, but do not do this in teams anymore.

And why on earth would the animation start again when I go back to the conversation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. rubric option for students grading themself

It would be better if the students can also grade themself with the rubric option so that the teacher can compare his rubric with the one from the student. Hope this would be possible soon.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great if I could change font style/color and it remain that way in all of my Team messages. Instead of having to change everytim

It would be great if I could change font style/color and it remains that way in all of my Team messages. Instead of having to change every time I write a new message in TEAMS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for RFC 3326. Completed elsewhere.

It would be great if MS Teams would support RFC 3326.
    When a call is cancelled with SIP "CANCEL" message and "Reason" header, for example:
    Reason: SIP ;cause=200 ;text="Call completed elsewhere"
    it won't be displayed as missed call on Teams client.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let me choose whether to send a chat by pressing the Enter key

At the moment, it is sent when you press Enter when entering a chat.
    This will cause frequent transmissions.
    Desktop and mobile apps should also have the option to choose whether to send by pressing the Enter key

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow us to move/copy existing channel to another Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチームの配下に作成済みのチャネルを、別のチームへ、移動 / 複製ができるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    Allow us to move/copy existing channel to another Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams でチームの配下に追加したチャネルをタブの追加などを実施して細かく作成をしているものがあった場合に、他チームへチャネルの移動 / 複製ができると非常に利便性が向上すると考えております。現段階では、チャネルの作り直しや、新規作成で利用をしておりますが非常に工数がかかるように感じられます。
    工数削減のためにも、チャネルを他のチームへ移動 / 複製が可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

I would like to have the feature to move/copy channel which is including many tabs from one Teams to another. In current feature, we need to recreate exactly same channel as we want to copy, or just create new one and those process take a lot of time.

To reduce these work load, please implement the feature to move/copy existing channel to another Teams.

Thank you for your consideration.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Read recipts for group or teams (just like WhatsApp)

Read receipts for group or teams (just like WhatsApp)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple Office 365 Accounts

I have 3 Office 365 Accounts. I am a member/admin for teams on each account. How can teams from all three accounts be shown in a single instance of the team app?

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to speak with azure kubernetes cluster from Microsoft teams

Hi,

if you check below link,we are able to connect SLACK with Kubernetes

https://tutorials.botsfloor.com/how-to-make-a-slack-bot-speak-kubernetes-e7929f51c741

in similar way, can we acheive this with MS teams ?
    I need same (AS-IS) functionality (instead of slack , we use MS teams. please click on above link)

i need to check logs , pods health, secrets from msteams(with/without help of bot) by integrating it with kubernetes .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

476 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Control the “Archive team” functionality by Admin

We would like to let admin control the “Archive team” functionality. We don’t want a team owner to archive a team on his own.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. From HipChat/Slack to Teams -- So much clicking.

Our office is in the process of moving form HipChat to Team. We all agreed that Slack had a better interface but Teams was included with O365 and did not feel Slack was worth the price. Our user base is made up primarily of Developers and Linux Engineers that use chat way more than average users. Our experience has been frustrating due to the amount of clicking between teams channels and chats, Clicking to see who is present in the Team/Channel, the active feed uses first names rather than user names or full names and requiring a click to upload…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.