Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to export in other file formats

When exporting logs from content search, it is useful to be able to select the file format.
    Currently, only pst files can be exported.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. History for Chats?

it would be nice if you had a history button in Chats where you could go back father! than your recent chats to look someone up

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mail adress link

Teams link function only applies TO URLs. I want to be able to link my email address too.
    From that link, I want to have a private chat rise directly.
    That way, you can complete the inquiry in teams conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop emoji animation

Please stop all emoji animation by default. It is incredible annoying and distracting and feels very unproffessional.

I like to send a thumbs up, but do not do this in teams anymore.

And why on earth would the animation start again when I go back to the conversation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams - Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000

We have tested Teams using the Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000: video and audio works, but the 360° view (panorama view) doesn't work correctly.
    We have strong business reason to use the 360° feature, 'cause of more intense utilizzation due to 750 employees.
    We need the integration of this feature in Teams. We hope you can do that.
    thanks in advance

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create "Saved Messages" Icon Shortcut in Left Ribbon

Similar to the Activity and Chat icons, provide a Flag icon in the left ribbon to easily access the "saved messages". Current approach requires clicking on profile icon in upper right to view all the saved messages and isn't intuitive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Transfer calls to external number

Have to possibility to redirect to external number as an action in the call queue's

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to add whole groups to Microsoft Teams as team members

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチームにメンバーを追加する際にグループ単位で追加したい
    I want to add whole groups to Microsoft Teams as team members
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のチームにメンバーを追加する際にグループを指定すると、対象のグループのメンバーが展開されて個々のユーザーとして追加される動作となっている。
    この場合、対象のグループのメンバー情報を変更しても、チームのメンバー情報が連動されないため、メンバーを手動で追加する必要がある。
    グループを変更するたびにチームのメンバーを追加するのは工数がかかるため、Microsoft Teams の標準機能として、チームのメンバーにグループ単位で追加する機能の実装を要望します。
    Currently if I want to add members to Microsoft Teams and I choose a group, members in that group get displayed and I have to select each and every single user.
    In this case even if member information inside that group gets changed, members have to be added manually as the team members information are not linked.
    As adding team members whenever groups are changed takes up lots of time, I hope…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Latest message seen by...

Most importantly in team-chats and channel conversations show who already seen the latest message. Also useful in personal chats to indicate that the other already seen the latest message.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. One thing- I can't copy and paste from documents within the microsoft teams.

Ex: When I open a document it opens through a document viewer. I can't use the copy feature to copy a name on a resume and then later paste on a Google open tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please create a button to move the chat group up and down in Microsoft Teams as per peference

There should be an option to move the chat group up and down in the Chat section of Microsoft teams. So to put the groups of frequent or important caller om the top and less important below. not every thing can be put as favorite

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tab for favorites/workspaces

It would be great to have a separate tab called Favorites where you can see you favorite and/or most used files.
    A good example is the "Priority" functionality in Google Drive where you can create your own workspaces and assign files to them. This would give an easy and quick access to your most used files.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Snipping tool

Can you please add snipping tool for ease of copying a snapshot next to emoji tool bar??

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat history

It would be nice to be able to hide or delete old chat history to "clean it up". Looks to messy and makes me feel unorganized.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop hiding channels in TEAMS. have an option to stop hiding teams or channels

Stop hiding channels in TEAMS. have an option to stop hiding teams or channels

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shared Calendars

The ability to share a team calendar in Teams would be helpful. Organizations often create separate email/calendar accounts for team, for example "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com". The Recruitment team then communicates internally using Teams, but at the moment there is no way to view the "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com"'s calendar entries from Teams. We use this as the central scheduling point for interviews, but no one can see it via Teams.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow more then 15 pins in chat

Allow more then 15 pins in chat at a time.

I talk to mutiple coworkers daily and run many programs on my screen so I had to turn off the pop up notification.

I like having the chat tab open and being able to see all the highlighted chats I need to reply to. I work at a managed IT service provider and need to talk to mutiple techs at a time.

I would like unlimited pins in the chat tab.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat breakout

Allow me to take the chat and break it out of the interface, like a person can do with browser tabs. I sometimes need to chat with someone when I am in a meeting or screen share and it's difficult to move back and forth. Would be easier if chat was independent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Conversation tab should have ability to have newest conversations at top of list

In a Teams 'Conversations' tabs, the conversations appear listed in earliest-first order.

In a Teams 'Conversations' tabs, the conversations appear listed in earliest-first order. Change Conversations in Teams so the most recent conversations are displayed at the top of the page

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base