Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow meeting organisers to set default Meeting Options for all the meetings they organise

I don't want to select Meeting Options every time I organize a meeting (I don't like the default settings that are currently in place). I would like to set my own default options for all my meetings, and have the ability to change them for individual meetings when I want to.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sound notification on Desktop

Make sound notifications volume adjustable. They're easy to miss and overlook in a busy work place or at home.
    Add the ability to customize what sounds go with what notifications. Even a few different options would be helpful.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request to release a feature that allowing separating audio streams for dual language support in Teams meeting.

Can we release a feature that allow customer to use separating audio streams for dual language support in Teams meeting. This becomes painful when customer has dual language streams in a meeting. For example: one Japanese with an interpreter translating English to Japanese for the Japanese audience, and the other English with an interpreter translating Japanese into English for the English audience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Manage tags - add more than 100 persons in a tag

I really like the new possibility to use tags to mention groups of people. Although it could be really useful to add more than 100 people in a tag. There seems to a limit now.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Response email to Teams channel meeting invitation

currently if we schedule a channel meeting and if the participants respond to the invitation, the response email will directly go to the delete folder. The issue is the meeting organizer will not be notified. Can we optimize this feature and let the meeting organizer be notified?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Users to Create Nickname for Teams (Use as Personal Shortcut Menu) - When others add you to team, you are stuck with their naming

Allow Users to Create Nickname for Teams (Use as Personal Shortcut Menu) - When others add you to team, you are stuck with their naming

Everyone has preferences on how they would like to sort and access their information, but often times we are left at the mercy of others that add us to their team, making teams hard to find and navigate in the menu

Suggest an option to rename these similar to creating a personal windows explorer shortcuts.

End goal: allow users to control how they navigate their information, not the person that creates the team names

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams meeting invitations allow for multiple sub company logos in a Single Teams tenant

As the parent company we need to allow our sub business unites to use their own branding within our single tenant. Just like we do with their email. For example: we need users with company A to get company A's logo when setting up a Teams meeting. Company B needs to get company B's logo when setting up a teams meeting.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. API to return the attendance data for a meeting

We are using Graph API to create a meeting but would like to be able to report on the attendance.

There does not appear to be a current method to link call sessions to the Meeting created.

We would also benefit from a way to return the participants email address, so we can easily match users in our system

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase limit on number of users in private channels

The scenario exists for large private channels, the limit should be increased to 500

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams Channel Calendar Month View

Please could you make a slight enhancement to the Teams channel calendar by including a month view. This would be extremely useful for scenarios such as projects and planning when trying to visualise activities and deadlines.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Giving feedback without returning assigment/work

I would like to give a feedback for a student in his/her assigment/work WITHOUT returning it. Even just simply: "There are some errors in your work. Please fix it." For now I can write a feedback, but student would not see it unless I click Return. I hope You know what I mean. This function is present in Google Classroom and I miss it in MS Teams. Thank you :)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assign teams Guest user as Teams Owner

We want to assign guests as teams owner.
    I'd like external staff to be able to administer some Teams spaces without the need for us to create a service type account and pay for licensing.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group Expiration policy exclusion setting instead of inclusion

So although it is a great feature to expire groups and associated content such as outlook, Teams, Sharepoint and power BI, the feature would be better served if I could define a set of groups that I do NOT want to have the policy applied to rather than selecting groups that the policy DOES apply to. I'd like to have all groups have the policy applied EXCEPT a set of groups that I may have services like license management or other special services assigned.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great if we could archive assignments in Teams.

We have only been using Teams to do distance learning for a few weeks now, but the list of assignments is getting long with the current one being at the bottom of the list. It would be great to be able to archive previous weeks assignments. I tried deleting a couple but that was a bad idea. Students, parents, and teachers need to refer back to work that was turned in from time to time.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mark a channel message as 'Urgent'

I would like to have a feature that can mark 'Urgent' in a channel message.

There are the feature marks a message as 'Urgent' in private chat but doesn't exist in channel chat.

According the following article, private chat has this feature but channel chat doesn't.
    Mark a message as important or urgent in Teams
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/mark-a-message-as-important-or-urgent-in-teams-ea99d5b6-1317-4550-8d75-86ff14cd4462?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Copy link" option for Private Channels in Microsoft Teams missing

The "Copy link" option/feature for Private Channels in Microsoft Teams does not seem to exist. Although the feature is available in Public Channels we believe that this would be very useful for all Office 365 users. Many organization and tenants want to use and benefit from this function, and we want our clients to have the best user experience with Microsoft Teams.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Teams to use the same auto correct rules and custom dictionaries as the rest of Office 365

So far all parts of teams do not run auto correction for proofing. Additionally, it seems to need it's own custom dictionary for custom entries. Teams should be able to use the auto correct rules and look ups and custom dictionaries that are created to be used with Office 365. This would allow for the auto capitalisation of words at the beginning of a sentence, common spelling and grammar error correction. It would also allow for the custom auto corrections of names or adding of internal company terms.
    This capability is available across all desktop office programs and seen as…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Camera brightness in Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Lifecam 3000 when it is used together with Microsoft Teams. The camera, however, is very dark in Teams - All other video apps has nicely lit picture from the same camera. This has been a consistent issue for users and others. Please release a function that users can adjust camera brightness in Microsoft Teams.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Could we enable an option to allow meeting organizer to accept attendees when organizer dials in via PIN.

Could we enable an option to allow meeting organizer to accept attendees waiting in lobby when organizer dials in via PIN.

Sometimes customer doesn't have internet access, so everyone has to dial into a meeting. If there is an option which can allow attendees to bypass the lobby will be great. To some reason, customer cannot set allowing everyone bypass the lobby directly.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatically switch to Large Gallery

Can we have the option for teams to automatically switch to large gallery once enough users join the call.
    Seems a bit silly to wait till enough people are in the call then go to the menu so I can switch to large gallery so I can see everyone.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base