Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Copying a message easier

Make the "..." button have the copy message feature. Or make copying a message easier. Right now, it is incredibly difficult to copy a message by highlighting the message in Teams. Also, when trying to highlight the whole message or part of a message i.e. Password: Welcome1 It becomes difficult to highlight the last part of the message because the "...", thumbs up button, and other things are covering the end of the message.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve reply and conversation layout

There is an issue where people go to reply to the most recent conversation, but instead of hitting "Reply" and then typing their message, they will just click on the text box at the bottom which starts a new conversation. Then the newly created message will get lost because new replies will hide it in the feed.

I suggest that you move the "Start a new conversation" text box to the top of the screen rather than at the bottom. Also, I don't think it would hurt to add a small text box next to the "Reply" button. I think…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creating Team templates with consistent content

The ability to create Team templates with consistent content (files, Wiki documentation, Planner task lists, etc.) that would be copied over to the new Teams created from that template.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to reorder channels

It would be helpful to be able to reorder channels for continuity in teams and ease of use for members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Snipping tool

Hi Everyone, I would like so Teams had a snipping tool like Sammetime of Lotus Notus to make screen cuts and send them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to start a new line with the return key when chatting

Option to start a new line with the return key when chatting

Since there are many cases where the return key is pressed and mistakenly sent when chatting, I would like to make it a new line option.

Or, since the formatting mode supports line feeds, I want a way to switch to formatting mode by default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. multiple ways to order and find teams

When one has many teams, one does not want to browse through all teams to find the one you are looking for. And the search at the top is limited and does not bring you to the team with all the channels.
    There does not seem to a search by which i can find a list of all recent teams, or all inactive teams or all teams starting with certain letters and then when I click on the team with that name in the list, brings me to it. We had that with our previous system and I very much…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to receive separate notifications

Like Skype, I want to receive notifications separately for each chat and mention.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. having read recipts on messages so you know when people have read your message and not just typing

having read receipts on messages so you know when people have read your message and not just typing

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shared Calendars

The ability to share a team calendar in Teams would be helpful. Organizations often create separate email/calendar accounts for team, for example "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com". The Recruitment team then communicates internally using Teams, but at the moment there is no way to view the "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com"'s calendar entries from Teams. We use this as the central scheduling point for interviews, but no one can see it via Teams.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Personal Outlook Calendar in Teams

My personal Outlook calendar meetings are color coded. When I view my calendar in Teams, they're not. I'd like to the colors to carry over into Teams so I maintain the visual reference.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share Channel only within TEAMS with internal and external contractors

Share Channel only within TEAMS with internal and external contractors
    Manage Members within TEAMS, so can see only certain Channel, instead of whole TEAMS

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email alert for missed calls in queues

There should be an option when configuring a call to to nominate an account that receives a notification if a call queue misses a call. While the option to forward this call to another group or agent exists, This option would allow an administrator to address the missed call directly rather than wait on reports.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop emoji animation

Please stop all emoji animation by default. It is incredible annoying and distracting and feels very unproffessional.

I like to send a thumbs up, but do not do this in teams anymore.

And why on earth would the animation start again when I go back to the conversation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chat Banner Notification Improvements

Chat banner notifications do not need to show when I am in the Teams app and looking at a different conversation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams calls: Mobile vs. Desktop

If I am signed in on both mobile and desktop Teams apps simultaneously, and someone starts a Teams call from their desktop Teams app, the call rings on my mobile Teams app. Short of signing myself out of the mobile Teams app, how can I get Teams calls to ring the desktop app first?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let us change the LOW CHAT Sound to a DIFFERENT SOUND LOUDER!! PLEASE

Let us change the LOW CHAT Sound to a DIFFERENT SOUND LOUDER!! PLEASE

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To show "seen" status

I would like MS team to show "seen" status in order to track my message is seen by someone.
    Thanks

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic migration of data storage location

A function that automatically migrates data storage locations is required.
    Example: Asia Pacific → Japan

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.