Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to move/copy existing channel to another Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチームの配下に作成済みのチャネルを、別のチームへ、移動 / 複製ができるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    Allow us to move/copy existing channel to another Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams でチームの配下に追加したチャネルをタブの追加などを実施して細かく作成をしているものがあった場合に、他チームへチャネルの移動 / 複製ができると非常に利便性が向上すると考えております。現段階では、チャネルの作り直しや、新規作成で利用をしておりますが非常に工数がかかるように感じられます。
    工数削減のためにも、チャネルを他のチームへ移動 / 複製が可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

I would like to have the feature to move/copy channel which is including many tabs from one Teams to another. In current feature, we need to recreate exactly same channel as we want to copy, or just create new one and those process take a lot of time.

To reduce these work load, please implement the feature to move/copy existing channel to another Teams.

Thank you for your consideration.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen Share

When a team member is sharing their screen and grants me control, the teams tool bar and on left hand side is constantly in the way. If you navigate to the left hand side of the screen, the tool bar pops out and covers up items on the users screen. There needs to be a way to turn off auto hide or to snap it in place.

For example, have someone share their screen with you and grant you control. Once you have control, try to click on that users Window (start) button on the left hand side. The teams…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow "Do Not Disturb" or "Hide Alerts" for certain threads in a channel

In the More Options menu inside any channel, on any thread, can we get a "Hide Alerts" option for that particular thread? I know there are conversations I do not need to be bothered with and I'd like to shut notifications off for those particular threads. "Hide Alerts" "Do not disturb" something like that. I'd still like to get notifications from the channel for other threads that have not turned this option "ON" as they come in. Thank you.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flash content playback

It's very helpful to be able to play back and use the content created in flash in the page on the Websites tab.
    Make a choice that at least allows you to authorize content like a browser.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to turn Teams into Channels and Channels into Teams

In some cases, Teams are created that can be absorbed into existing Teams, and inversely Channels may be created that outgrow their parent Team and need to be separated to allow for channels of it's own. Would be nice to have the ability to convert Channels into Teams (promotion), or convert a Team into a Channel underneath another Team (demotion)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow channel level permission levels

allow channel level permission levels, so i dont have to create leadership teams separate from my project teams in order to share sensitive data like company financials, etc

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Chroma Key green screen feature to Microsoft Teams meetings/recordings, similar to blur feature

Would like to add Chroma Key green screen effect for Microsoft Teams Meet Now meetings and recordings, envision working similar to new Blur feature, want to key out green screen background and replace with an image and/or Microsoft Stream / YouTube video -tg

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow us to upload file properly just after the UPN is change

■Title(件名):
    UPN 変更直、Teams のチャットでファイルがアップロードできない
    Allow us to upload file properly just after the UPN is change

■Description(内容):
    UPN 変更後、Teams のチャットでファイルがアップロードできなくなる。通常、時間経過により解消するが、時間経過だけでは解消しない場合、別のユーザーとのチャットでファイルをアップロードすることにより、ファイルがアップロードできるようになる。

OneDrive for Business の URL 変更に対応していないためと考えられるが、UPN 変更時にたびたびこのような操作を実施するのは手間なので、この動作を改善し、UPN 直後から正常にファイルをアップロードできるようにしてほしい。

After changing UPN of users, they are not able to update files at Teams chat. Most of the time, this issue is resolved over time, but sometime users need to try upload files in random chat until they succeed.

I assume that this happens because Teams is not support changing URL of OneDrive for Business, but it takes a time to try uploading files randomly whenever this issue…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Info Button for Channels

There should be an info button on every channel. When clicked it could take you to a page with the description, a follow switch and galleries for media or links shared in the channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve media management for video and photos posted in channel

Currently when attaching media to a channel post the file goes to the root of that channel's document structure. There is no option to direct how that file gets organized and if you move it the original post link breaks and does not display media.

My recommendation is that you either create a "Channel Media" folder on the root of the channel documents or update link if file is moved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Office 365 Accounts

I have 3 Office 365 Accounts. I am a member/admin for teams on each account. How can teams from all three accounts be shown in a single instance of the team app?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back purple flags next to saved threads/chats

Unfortunately it seems like theres no purple flag next to saved items anymore. I really liked them to see which threads/messages are more important than others without jumping to the top menu every time. Please bring them back!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have the chat open in a seperate window, so you can close the window when finished

Currently the chat is connected to the dashboard, so when you finish a chat it just hangs out there. I would like ot be able to close the window.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

8,644 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

966 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to paste notes from One Note

as a product manager attending a meeting I want to be able to copy and paste my notes from One Note so that I can share my recap with the rest of the team.

Currently, I have to copy my notes from One Note paste them into word and then copy from Word into Teams>Meeting Notes. The extra step is ridiculous.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams : Using too much memory and CPU capacity

Teams : Using too much memory and CPU capacity. We have upgraded our machine
    on the 1809 version and with Teams version as 1.2.00.8864 but
    still high memory utilization is being observed.

Teams using too much memory while initiating calls

Teams using too much memory in surface pro’s and it is causing application freezes intermittently-

Teams in Surface Hub functionality – Although the Teams application is working with Surface Hubs, issues like intermittent sound distortion, call connectivity issues are reported. The same works fine when using skype-

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Permanently delete a channel

Allow for the permanent deletion of channels.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show all unread messages in a single view, like Slack "Unread" folder

I find it very complicated to see all unread messages in all teams. The Teams/Channels are marked in bold, but are scattered in the teams list.
    Especially when you are in many teams (30+), there is no good overview over all unread messages.

A dedicated place (like Activity) showing all unread messages (teams and chats) would be nice, like the "Unread" functionality in Slack.

Unread messages should contain all teams or just teams/channels you follow (maybe editable in settings or like activity filter).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Aggregate view of conversations in favorited teams/channels

I would like to get a quick overview of what's new in my favorite channels without having to click individually on every channel that's printed bold.
    As I'm interested in all the topics I favorite, there's no need for me to see the messages separated by channel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to sort posted messages by date in Microsoft Teams “Team” tab

■Title(件名):
    チームの会話タブのメッセージの表示順について
    Allow us to sort posted messages by date in Microsoft Teams “Team” tab

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の "チーム" タブの会話に投稿したメッセージの表示順を日付で並び替えできる機能の提供を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to sort posted messages by date in Microsoft Teams “Team” tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.