Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share whiteboard with users from another organization.

Share whiteboard with users from another organization. We usualy handle pre-sale meetings and requirements by Microsoft Teams. Enabling the whiteboard with leads clients can support our business

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Secondary Teacher With Limited Privileges to a Class Team

The Classroom Teachers would like to another teacher access to see what work students are assigned or missing without giving that teacher full control over the class.

Is it possible to create a secondary, limited teacher role in a class team?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable viewing "Raised hands" while presenting in Microsoft Teams

Enable viewing "Raised hands" while presenting in Microsoft Teams

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow me to share multiple applications without sharing my entire screen.

We often share during calls, but sharing the entire screen is not helping when reminders come in that distract from the shared screen and discussion. It would be great to have a feature similar to WebEx allowing the selection of multiple apps that are ok to share (e.g. all xls and all ppt, but not other apps).

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Creating a Team video call on an iPad

While using an iPad and away from my Desktop I am unable to start a Team video call.
    A way to start a team video call would be a great addition as the college i work at gives every teacher a iPad. some of these don't own Desktops and would be unable to create a Team video call for themselves

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an additional step to "complete" an assignment forcing students to review feedback.

I have found that there is some confusion with the categorization of assignments. "Completed" assignments implies that no further action is needed and to the parent/student their assignments are complete. I would like to see an additional step - when an assignment is assessed and feedback is given, the "returned" assignment is placed in a "Return, Review, and Resubmit" list OR a "Review Feedback and Close" list. From there the student will need to actually select "Resubmit" to submit corrections or "Complete" to notate that they are satisfied with their final grade/work.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Planner in private Channels

Hi All,

I created a private channel today and then tried to add a MS Planner tab to the channel, but it does not appear as an option.
    Can you enable this option in Teams?
    Thanks in advance!

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show hand raise feature for ipad

I am not able to use the Hand signal in iPad. It would be better to add it for those devices.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature to reply to a specific message in a group chat

Provide a feature to reply to a specific message in a group chat as explained below:

It is hard to reply to a specific person in a group unless until you mention the name of the specific person, It would look more intuitive if we could reply to a particular message to a particular person in a group chat as it realy shows the communication is going in a right direction than in one way communciation to the whole group chat.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Could we enable an option to allow meeting organizer to accept attendees when organizer dials in via PIN.

Could we enable an option to allow meeting organizer to accept attendees waiting in lobby when organizer dials in via PIN.

Sometimes customer doesn't have internet access, so everyone has to dial into a meeting. If there is an option which can allow attendees to bypass the lobby will be great. To some reason, customer cannot set allowing everyone bypass the lobby directly.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Whiteboard and breakout rooms

Having run a college staff training session on running teams their is an overwhelming need for an easier breakout room functionality. Staff also really like a web based version of a interactive whiteboard that logged who had written each comment. Can we please add this to Teams whiteboard, without the need to download an app, which our college IT system does not allow.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Student/Attendee screen share in place of their video/icon

For education, teachers (organizers) should be able to see student (attendee) screens in place of their avatar/icons and video. When delivering online lessons in real time, it has been extremely difficult and time consuming to help students. This would help speed up the process by allowing teachers to monitor student pace and which students require follow up and additional assistance. I envision this as only being a feature for the organizer/teacher to see. All other attendees would see each other's avatar/icon or video.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call history for Auto Attendants or call queues

We have had several queries regarding obtaining logs from call queues or auto attendants similar to those that could be obtained for S4B.

Is there anyway this can considered so we can investigate issues raised for these voice apps

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group Email/Calendar Restricted to Owners

We are setting a lot of engagement with Teams but as we grow some of our larger communities, we are seeing a lot of Channel meetings, people using the Team Group to email or invite the entire Group to meetings. Is there a way to lock this down for Owners only once a Team grows beyond say 250 or 500 members? It's super disruptive when people "test" the Channel meetings or invite the entire membership when they don't even realize it. The ability to do that as an Owner would still be wonderful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You should make AI

You should make AI system in one liner question answer like if there are mostly words matching with correct answer you should count as correct! Right now when we put even one extra space it counts as wrong answer! Ans you should also add assignment category.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase the quality of external Cameras (OBS)

When I use OBS-CAM the quality is so bad as I can`t present word documents of powerpoint.
    My Idea is to invrease the quality of external Cameras like OBS when it is needed.

BR

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rename Duplicated Teams Policies

Please could you add the option to name a policy in Teams when you duplicate it (or after it has been created). Currently, when duplicating a Teams policy (or any policy, such as app policies for example) it just appends "copy" to the name of the original and you can't change the name of it once the policy is duplicated.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow meeting organisers to set default Meeting Options for all the meetings they organise

I don't want to select Meeting Options every time I organize a meeting (I don't like the default settings that are currently in place). I would like to set my own default options for all my meetings, and have the ability to change them for individual meetings when I want to.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Announcement Analytics

Currently there are analytics around the amount of posts in teams and how many people are creating new posts, but it would be nice to have the ability to measure clicks, impressions, and more robust engagements specifically around Announcements.

We use announcement posts to pass information to our teams but have no real way to measure who sees the posts, besides a like or comment they may make on the post. Having the ability to see impressions, engagements or likes would help us adjust our communications and fully understand how many people are seeing our posts.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to freeze/pause screen on teams meeting

If you are a presenter - you want to freeze/pause the screen so the audience does not see your desktop if you're grabbing a new document.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base