Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams created by New-Team cmdlet not linked with SharePoint sites automatically

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    New-Team コマンドレットで作成したチームに SharePoint サイトが紐づかない

Teams created by New-Team cmdlet not linked with SharePoint sites automatically
    ■Description(内容):
    New-Team のコマンドレットで作成したチーム では、1度 "ファイル" タブへアクセスするまで SharePoint サイトと紐づかず、"会話" タブの [SharePoint で開く] をクリックするとテナントのルートサイトへアクセスしてしまう。
    New-Team のコマンドレットで作成したチームが、何もせずともSharePoint サイトと紐づけされるよう動作の改修を希望します。

Teams we’ve created by running New-Team cmdlet won’t be linked with SharePoint sites automatically until we access the “File” tab. If we clicked “Open in SharePoint” on “Chat” tab before accessing “File” tab, it will be routed to Root site of our tenant.
    For improvement of usability, please link the teams created by New-Team cmdlet to SharePoint site automatically.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to disable request to add members

Currently, team members can request other users to be added to the team by sending a request on their behalf, this feature is announced Featured ID: 48396 in O365 roadmap. Admins or team owner should have the ability to disable this feature on org-wide or teams level if they don't want to receive request to add member.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow more then 15 pins in chat

Allow more then 15 pins in chat at a time.

I talk to mutiple coworkers daily and run many programs on my screen so I had to turn off the pop up notification.

I like having the chat tab open and being able to see all the highlighted chats I need to reply to. I work at a managed IT service provider and need to talk to mutiple techs at a time.

I would like unlimited pins in the chat tab.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To show "seen" status

I would like MS team to show "seen" status in order to track my message is seen by someone.
    Thanks

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DLP Hide or redaction of data

After Blocking sensitive information. be able to redact the data or show only a portion of the sensitive data after the block

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams - Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000

We have tested Teams using the Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000: video and audio works, but the 360° view (panorama view) doesn't work correctly.
    We have strong business reason to use the 360° feature, 'cause of more intense utilizzation due to 750 employees.
    We need the integration of this feature in Teams. We hope you can do that.
    thanks in advance

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. change order of channels

Would like the ability to manually change the order of channels within a team. I want to put the channels i'm more likely to use at the top of the channel list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shared Calendars

The ability to share a team calendar in Teams would be helpful. Organizations often create separate email/calendar accounts for team, for example "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com". The Recruitment team then communicates internally using Teams, but at the moment there is no way to view the "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com"'s calendar entries from Teams. We use this as the central scheduling point for interviews, but no one can see it via Teams.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. rubric

The option to add a rubric should stay there when you go back to edit an assignment.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow direct routing numbers as Audio Conferencing dial in numbers.

Allow direct routing numbers to be assigned as Audio Conferencing dial in numbers

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Teams to connect to multiple accounts at the same time

Allow Teams to connect to multiple accounts at the same time.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve reply and conversation layout

There is an issue where people go to reply to the most recent conversation, but instead of hitting "Reply" and then typing their message, they will just click on the text box at the bottom which starts a new conversation. Then the newly created message will get lost because new replies will hide it in the feed.

I suggest that you move the "Start a new conversation" text box to the top of the screen rather than at the bottom. Also, I don't think it would hurt to add a small text box next to the "Reply" button. I think…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implementation a feature that enables administrators to set All new posts in Channel notification settings at channel-level or team-level

I would like you to implement a feature that administrators could set All new posts in Channel notification settings for all users at once in channel-level or team-level.
    Currently, this setting needs to be performed by per user and it is a time-consuming procedure.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Channel Groups

Add the functionality create channel groups. This feature would add much more clarity in big teams with many channels.

Example:

Team Test

Channel 1
    Channel 2
    Channel Group (Development) [Collapsible]
    -> Channel XYZ
    -> Work
    -> etc..

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

I hate to bear bad news but this feature request has been declined by the feature team.

-Warren

16. having read recipts on messages so you know when people have read your message and not just typing

having read receipts on messages so you know when people have read your message and not just typing

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Duplicate/Clone a channel within a team

I run regular events which I create a channel for each event within the team, including the planning app with buckets and actions.

It is very time consuming to set up the channel/planner each time and would be preferable to set up a template which I can duplicate for each new event, including the planner app.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sound alert when receiving a message in Teams

Add a loud sound alert when receiving a message in Teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Anonymously send chat messages

It would be great if I could anonymously send chat messages in channel or group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to change display name, for example to last name etc. for external users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams のゲストの表示について
    Allow us to change display name, for example to last name etc. for external users

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams に外部のユーザーを追加し運用しております。
    ゲストが社内に追加される際の表示名は現時点での動作だと、エイリアス (ゲスト) の表示となり、メンバーが誰であるのかわかりにくいです。
    性での表示などの変更ができるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

In current design, when external users are added in Teams, their name are shown as “alias (guest)”, and it is difficult to understand who it is in a second.
    I would like to see the feature to change display name, for example to last name etc. in external users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.