Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reply to message. make it threaded

reply to message. for example, if a person sent you multiple message, the recipient should be allowed to reply on that specific message

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat and review files at the same time

Id like to be able to chat and review files at the same time. Its incredibly clunky to have to constantly navigate back and forth between screens and makes it difficult to use. I should be able to have the chat feature opened while navigating between teams, channels and documents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add the direct reply feature to a message for CHAT like the direct reply feature in Teams Chat

Please add the direct reply feature to a message for CHAT like the direct reply feature in Teams Chat

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase private channel limit from 30 to at least 200

30 limit Private Channel for a Team is not enough. Please increase it to at least 200. This would reduce the Team created in a organizations. Reduce Team, more channel.

Regards,
    Ludfi

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to create a read-only team

I would like to create a team that is for everyone in the organization. I can do this already with dynamic membership. The purpose would be to provide access to team members to see documentation such as employee manuals, corporate policies, and other read-only content. Admins can add/delete material while everyone else has read-only access.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Introduce a way that team owners can see which team members have been active in analytics.

Currently, the analytics of a team is restricted to seeing how many members are active. However, there is no way to see who is active and who is not active. It would be good if team owners could see which users have been active and who hasn't so that they can find out firstly why they are not active and to also enforce the adoption of the use of teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting to adjust length of time before "away" status

I would like the option to select how long I want to be inactive before Teams auto changes from "available" to "away". In my organization, some computers can go unlocked but inactive all night and Teams will show them as "available". While on mine, I might be in excel or another program but on my computer, and Team will show me as "away" after just minutes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow drag and drop an outlook email or attachment into Teams Files?

Allowing drag and drop a email message or email attachment direct into Teams File.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User Status Viewing as a list under Team

It would be great if once a team was created, we could have an option to expand the team, which would list all the members in the team, and under each team member, it would display their custom User status. Ex Do not Disturb, Working on Rush Plan , Need Work Ect.

In order to see everyones current status note you have to hover over each one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Teams teams, teams teams team, team teams teams."

I promise there is a point to this. The word "teams" is a noun and proper noun. The word "team" is a verb. That means it is grammatically correct to say, "Teams teams, teams teams team, team teams teams." Search "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" for more details.

This is funny and interesting in the case of the word "Buffalo", but has become a serious problem on my team because of Teams. When I'm speaking with my team about something on a team in teams that we are going to team together on, it gets super confusing! I have one word that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i'd like to be able to mark a conversation as done, working on or other types of status

Threaded conversations are fab, but for some occassions it would be useful to flag them with a status. It might vary on use, but highlighting a question and then answered, or conversation closed or I'm working on it like you are doing in thsi forum would be very powerful

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Translation feature for guests

Hello, i find it rather strange that Guest members of a Team are not able to benefit from the translation feature. Is there any plan to change this strange behavior?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customized Options to Lock Teams Chat Navigation Menu in minimized view

Our associates are often running multiple programs at once, therefore it's not uncommon for them to utilize a minimized window view of TEAMS running alongside another program. However, when TEAMS is not in full screen mode, the chat navigation menu on the far left will auto collapse or block chat conversation when it reappears.

Our request is to allow the user the option to LOCK the chat navigation menu even when they are in a minimized window view for efficiency. Currently the chat nav menu will auto-collapse or appear over the chat conversation and history. Ability to lock and have…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. delete message

As an author of a message I can delete a message I sent to an individual (yay!). However, the recipient is unable to see that there was a message that was deleted! I think the recipient MUST also be aware that a message they might have seen (worst case: acted on), is now deleted. Surreptitiously allowing the Author to delete a message and not informing the Recipient that a message has been deleted is not fair. Can cause endless concerns in the "wrong hands" :-p

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make it so you can have a notification sound device and then a separate call device.

There are currently only two options for audio. Which for calls is fine, but for messages and incoming calls when you don't have a headset on please add an option to add a third audio device for speakers for ringers and chat notifications. This is a fairly standard layout for almost all current chat and call messengers and there is very little excuse for not keeping up with contemporaries.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Setting to open Microsoft Teams link in mobile app

When tapping a link to launch Microsoft Teams (such as a meeting URL or file link) on the mobile, it opens in the browser and you are prompted to use the mobile app.
    It will be very smooth if it can be linked to a mobile app and accessed on mobile Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team Groups

Please create team groups.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop hiding channels in TEAMS. have an option to stop hiding teams or channels

Stop hiding channels in TEAMS. have an option to stop hiding teams or channels

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable Deleting channels

Disable Deleting channels for all teams.

As a global admin I want to prevent all members in my organization from deleting channels without being the owner of the team.

At a minimum, the channel deletion permission should default to off when the team is created. All permissions should default to not enabled on team creation instead of having some of them on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base