Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete Connector Generated Posts

We have an RSS connector publishing posts to a channel. Sometimes, these posts aren't relevant to the channel.

It would be good if anyone (or possibly just the Group Owners) could delete these connector generated posts.

Without deleting the post, relevant channel connect gets pushed up the feed meaning its more likely that useful conversations aren't seen.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Favorites toolbar

Offer a Favorites channels toolbar or section int he current Favorites left column, which lists favorits team\channel with unread count.

As the activity happens inside channels, it makes more sense to have a fast shortcut to the channels so I can go directly to it with one click.

Today is cumbersome if I have more than 10 teams or so: I have to key-in the name of the team ("General" is everywhere), then go to the team's channels list and click the channel... too many steps!!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Per Channel, I'd just like it to remember where I left off.

I like how Teams added a line for last read position, now start the scroll from there, or at least have it as an option.

I go to a channel that gets 100s of messages a day. I can't always find where the last read message is located. I would like it to start at the last read location.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. invite team to meeting

It doesn't appear to be possible to schedule a meeting without entering an invitee. That said, it also doesn't appear to be possible to invite the Team itself. The latter would be preferable.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for Channel Visibility

Limiting the visibility to just the first five channels created is not helpful to me and my team. My team works on multiple projects at a time and we have different channels to address each project as we start and then complete them. Perhaps what would be helpful is to have the default visibility set to the first 5 channels, but have the option for an expanded channel view for certain teams.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Group Multiple Teams together to allow for Exec Updates and Roll-up

An additional level of hierarchy similar to 'Section Groups' in OneNote, that will allow for aggregation of information from multiple teams relating to a particular Programme - allows for Programme/project 'hub-and-spoke' style organisation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Configuration of a Call Queue for a Team

It would be great if there could be integration between a Team and the Call Queue functionality that is currently in Skype for Business Online (combined with Auto-Attendant).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility to move a subchannel from a group to a different group

I have defined several groups per business area, and subchannels to the different groups.
    It would be nice to have the opportunity in some cases to move an existing subchannel to a different group.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Organize Channels in a tree form

With hundreds of projects defined as single channels it would be very helpful to organize channels in tree form like in Explorer

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneNote: Under channel "Files," cannot add OneNote - must add through a tab

Under Files within a channel, if you click "New," you can only add folders, word, excel or powerpoint - why not OneNote? To create a OneNote document, you have to do a workaround by creating a one note tab in the channel and then delete the tab - please allow creation for a OneNote doc within the "New" option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams VOIP

Teams works very well inside our hospital and it needs to serve the same roles when I'm not at work. I know that you are moving to Teams to serve the roles that Skype does now and I hope that I'll be able to use Teams to interact with people that are not part of my work team. Contact me if I can help.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

You can already do this! If you want to call a mobile phone or any number from Teams, just click the little phone labeled “Calls” then click the button that says “Dial a number.”

Note this is only available for certain licenses such as E3 with enterprise voice add-on and E5. You also need to have been given a calling plan by your administrator.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
    Suphatra

12. Get Mailaddress of Teams Channel

Add the support for getting channels mailaddress by using Teams-PowerShell cmdlets. The only way is currently by using the GUI, which isn't really comfortable for automation tasks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message preview on Team chat notifications please.

Notifications will show a message preview for individual, group and tagged messages, but not for Team chat. Please enable.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. how to delete a history of a conversation

Hi,
    Would it be possible to delete a meeting history? Especially the video history?

Thank you very much, Jean

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option: Organise channel files by metadata instead of subfolder

Currently creation of a Channel causes creation of a subfolder in the Group Document Library. Please provide the option to create a 'Channel' column instead, which identifies the channel to which a file relates. Then the library can be interrogated more flexibly.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-add Sharepoint folders as Channels

When enabling teams on an existing Sharepoint group, provide the option to add existing top-level folders as channels.

Right now, we have to do so manually, and it can be time consuming for large projects. Also, for new users, it is not clear to them that it is even possible to create channels as pre-existing folders and has caused some confusion.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add the ability to use short keys & commands for simple things like join/leave/invite/remind/mute

Your biggest competitor right now is Slack -- and one thing they make extremely easy is the ability for people to (1) use short keys to quickly navigate through their platform (CMD K to access a quick switcher to find and enter public channels, individual users to DM, and group chats you are a member of) and (2) also send easy commands like /join /leave /invite /mute for a channel. finding ways to make using Teams simpler for us like this is a HUGE value-add.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Invalid characters

In switching to Teams we have a huge pain point by the number of invalid characters. Channel names cant have the ampersand & character. When you do work for AT&T that is a major pain point. The other big character is the # in file names. # is a commonly used character in our company as the number sign. PO#, Project#, Job#, RFI#, etc etc... Not having this character available is a major pain point.
    I need these invalid characters to become valid, usable characters with Teams and OneDrive.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Team Conversations need to have an alert, flash or some other notification that there is new information in the Team chat

We have many teams and having an alert to notify you that there is an active conversation in process would be great!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it where we can see who is on the Team chat and logged into it. Like Slack.

Make it when you are in group chat so you can see who is online and logged into group chat and there Presence. Slack does this and it really was nice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base