Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Channel Level Security

Allow Channel level security in addition to Team level security. This will allow for better cross collaboration. Commonly, you will have a set of internal org team members, but projects (channels) may contain external resources. It would be highly useful to simply give guest access at the channel level and once a project is done, simply delete or archive the channel, not have to remove Team guest users every time. This also solves the issue of having a large amount of Teams to control what guest users can see. Instead of 20 teams with different guest in each team, you…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert a Channel to a Team

We really need to be able to convert Channels into Teams and Teams into Channels

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to follow words and tags

Please add an ability to tag words to follow in Teams. In many chat applications it is possible to add a list of words to follow and to get notification if specific word is mentioned in anywhere in Teams you are included.

For example if you are responsible for certain product, it would be useful to be able to follow any mentions related to that product. So if anyone anywhere in Teams (conversations, files, notes etc) mentions you product name, you will get notified.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It should be possible to change the Channel sharepoint file directory

Currently, if I create a new Channel, Teams will automatically create a sharepoint directory with the same name. However, if I change the name of the Channel, the directory name does not automatically change accordingly. If I want to change the directory name to match the new channel name, I am unable to do so. Even if I open the Channel file directory in Sharepoint and manually rename it, the channel connection does not update. In fact, this seems to completely break the connection (i.e. the channel no longer points to the same folder once it has been renamed in…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow "display text" for Hyperlinks

Provide the ability to edit the description for hyperlink like in other Microsoft products. Currently if you past a hyperlink to a chat or in a Wiki it show the full path, which is clunky and looks unprofessional.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. urgent chat

Like the fact you can now classify a Chat as being Urgent and the recipient receives a notice every 2 minutes until they acknowledge the Chat. However, you can only use this option when Chatting with one person. Due to the need for business continuity planning and/or disaster recovery notifications, would like to see the capability where you could @mention the Team to allow an entire Team to be notified of an issue/activation of the BCP or declaration of a disaster. At a minimum, would like to see where you could send an Urgent chat to multiple people.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. See full chat history when you add another person to a 1+1 chat

Our conversations often start 1+1 and then we need to loop in another person. The new person cannot see the conversation history.

Currently you must start a group chat which allows new users to see the convo in its entirety. then copy and paste the missing information for the new person. This is becoming a problem!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to Completely Disable File Sharing

There needs to be a way to completely remove the "Files" tab from Teams and disable chat attachments as well, so users within the organization cannot share files.

We have a very strict structure for our internal file sharing and data organization, and cannot have even our internal users sharing files back and forth.

If this feature doesn't get added we will be forced to abandon Teams completely and go with a 3rd party or open source route.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tracking changes in Microsoft Teams

It's a real bummer to not be able to track changes when files are edited in MS teams. I am a teacher and I think this feature is so important for me to give students feedback (my edits) on the work they submitted.

Hope to see this feature soon!

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Entry/exit announcement type

Entry/exit announcements for people who join with the Teams app. Right now it is only for the those who dial in from a phone. The ability to turn on and off per meeting would be nice as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. see if chat has been read

When using chat it would be good to be able to see if a recipient[has read the chat message (Like blue ticks on Whatsapp)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
    I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
    We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
    This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but…

13,070 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1042 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know you are patiently waiting for this feature. This feature is being implemented in stages. Fast tenant switching is currently in testing both internally and with early customers. We expect to release to the public in the Fall. I’ll post an update once it’s rolling out.

Full multi-tenant, multi-user support will be added after fast tenant switching.

~Alex

13. reply to message. make it threaded

reply to message. for example, if a person sent you multiple message, the recipient should be allowed to reply on that specific message

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat and review files at the same time

Id like to be able to chat and review files at the same time. Its incredibly clunky to have to constantly navigate back and forth between screens and makes it difficult to use. I should be able to have the chat feature opened while navigating between teams, channels and documents.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to create a read-only team

I would like to create a team that is for everyone in the organization. I can do this already with dynamic membership. The purpose would be to provide access to team members to see documentation such as employee manuals, corporate policies, and other read-only content. Admins can add/delete material while everyone else has read-only access.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Introduce a way that team owners can see which team members have been active in analytics.

Currently, the analytics of a team is restricted to seeing how many members are active. However, there is no way to see who is active and who is not active. It would be good if team owners could see which users have been active and who hasn't so that they can find out firstly why they are not active and to also enforce the adoption of the use of teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow drag and drop an outlook email or attachment into Teams Files?

Allowing drag and drop a email message or email attachment direct into Teams File.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. User Status Viewing as a list under Team

It would be great if once a team was created, we could have an option to expand the team, which would list all the members in the team, and under each team member, it would display their custom User status. Ex Do not Disturb, Working on Rush Plan , Need Work Ect.

In order to see everyones current status note you have to hover over each one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Teams teams, teams teams team, team teams teams."

I promise there is a point to this. The word "teams" is a noun and proper noun. The word "team" is a verb. That means it is grammatically correct to say, "Teams teams, teams teams team, team teams teams." Search "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" for more details.

This is funny and interesting in the case of the word "Buffalo", but has become a serious problem on my team because of Teams. When I'm speaking with my team about something on a team in teams that we are going to team together on, it gets super confusing! I have one word that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base