Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Consult Transfer

When you choose the consult transfer option, the caller is put on hold. Ideally you should be able to stay on the line with the caller so you can talk to them while you are searching for the person to transfer to; this will reduce call hold times.

When you are consult transferring to a user within your Teams environment, you get a second window where you can chat to the user - it seems like this is effectively being treated as a consult rather than calling the user. On the second window there is a call button on the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move conversations from one thread to another.

Sometimes people mistakenly reply to conversation threads by starting a new conversation. It would be nice to move those new conversations into the threaded conversation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Welcome New User message

We would request to add a feature to hide the Welcome New User message which is shown to other users’ latest information. This feature is not necessary for operation, so it would be great that this can be disabled.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tab for favorites/workspaces

It would be great to have a separate tab called Favorites where you can see you favorite and/or most used files.
    A good example is the "Priority" functionality in Google Drive where you can create your own workspaces and assign files to them. This would give an easy and quick access to your most used files.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Companywide Contact-List

In skype for Business (SfB) we were able to use the Global Adress List (GAL) to provide company wide contacts for all our employees. In teams each employee has to import the list by himself. So if we add or change contacts each employee has to do update the contacts by himself again

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow 365 Admin to Define Default Notification settings in Teams.

It would be nice to let the Domain Admin have control what the default setting are in teams.
    Users can changed them but let the admins change and override with one time Reset. Like a GPO Preference.

Why?
    Let’s say the users are not ready for emails and Banners and users are freaking out about the number of Alerts from Teams to Outlook. The Admin could reset the setting for all users to Banner only. This would let users change it to email and banner, but the admin could find a setting that works best for the company of users.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Copying a message easier

Make the "..." button have the copy message feature. Or make copying a message easier. Right now, it is incredibly difficult to copy a message by highlighting the message in Teams. Also, when trying to highlight the whole message or part of a message i.e. Password: Welcome1 It becomes difficult to highlight the last part of the message because the "...", thumbs up button, and other things are covering the end of the message.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See full chat history when you add another person to a 1+1 chat

Our conversations often start 1+1 and then we need to loop in another person. The new person cannot see the conversation history.

Currently you must start a group chat which allows new users to see the convo in its entirety. then copy and paste the missing information for the new person. This is becoming a problem!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow drag and drop an outlook email or attachment into Teams Files?

Allowing drag and drop a email message or email attachment direct into Teams File.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View multiple teams/channels at the same time.

I would like to have the ability to view multiple channels in Teams at the same time. Maybe a split screen or popout.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tenant users want to control anonymous participation

I want a function that can control the participation of anonymous users on a per-user basis.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. delete message

As an author of a message I can delete a message I sent to an individual (yay!). However, the recipient is unable to see that there was a message that was deleted! I think the recipient MUST also be aware that a message they might have seen (worst case: acted on), is now deleted. Surreptitiously allowing the Author to delete a message and not informing the Recipient that a message has been deleted is not fair. Can cause endless concerns in the "wrong hands" :-p

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams calls: Mobile vs. Desktop

If I am signed in on both mobile and desktop Teams apps simultaneously, and someone starts a Teams call from their desktop Teams app, the call rings on my mobile Teams app. Short of signing myself out of the mobile Teams app, how can I get Teams calls to ring the desktop app first?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams created by New-Team cmdlet not linked with SharePoint sites automatically

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    New-Team コマンドレットで作成したチームに SharePoint サイトが紐づかない

Teams created by New-Team cmdlet not linked with SharePoint sites automatically
    ■Description(内容):
    New-Team のコマンドレットで作成したチーム では、1度 "ファイル" タブへアクセスするまで SharePoint サイトと紐づかず、"会話" タブの [SharePoint で開く] をクリックするとテナントのルートサイトへアクセスしてしまう。
    New-Team のコマンドレットで作成したチームが、何もせずともSharePoint サイトと紐づけされるよう動作の改修を希望します。

Teams we’ve created by running New-Team cmdlet won’t be linked with SharePoint sites automatically until we access the “File” tab. If we clicked “Open in SharePoint” on “Chat” tab before accessing “File” tab, it will be routed to Root site of our tenant.
    For improvement of usability, please link the teams created by New-Team cmdlet to SharePoint site automatically.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. it would be great if you can reply to a specific message in the Chat, I get allot of chats and want to reply to a certain message and cannot

It would be great if you can reply to a specific message in the Chat, I get allot of chats and want to reply to a certain message and cannot

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add option to disable request to add members

Currently, team members can request other users to be added to the team by sending a request on their behalf, this feature is announced Featured ID: 48396 in O365 roadmap. Admins or team owner should have the ability to disable this feature on org-wide or teams level if they don't want to receive request to add member.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow more then 15 pins in chat

Allow more then 15 pins in chat at a time.

I talk to mutiple coworkers daily and run many programs on my screen so I had to turn off the pop up notification.

I like having the chat tab open and being able to see all the highlighted chats I need to reply to. I work at a managed IT service provider and need to talk to mutiple techs at a time.

I would like unlimited pins in the chat tab.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DLP Hide or redaction of data

After Blocking sensitive information. be able to redact the data or show only a portion of the sensitive data after the block

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams - Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000

We have tested Teams using the Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000: video and audio works, but the 360° view (panorama view) doesn't work correctly.
    We have strong business reason to use the 360° feature, 'cause of more intense utilizzation due to 750 employees.
    We need the integration of this feature in Teams. We hope you can do that.
    thanks in advance

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.