Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignments categories: Unviewed, Uncomplete, Returned, Completed, Graded

At the moment, our kids get lost into their assignments. If I return an assignment to them, because is uncomplete for example, the assignment remains in the "Completed" section, and most of the times they don't see it...

Would be nice to have different categories in the assignments:

Unviewed (the student has not visited these assignments yet)
    Unclompleted (the student has been in the assignments, but haven't handed them in)
    Returned (the teacher has returned the work for some reason, but the assignment is not graded)
    Completed (the assignment has been handed in, but the teacher hasn't reviewed it yet) …

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video voicerecording transcript download button

Transcripts are generated in record function but unable to download in one shot. Add a download button, to download the full transcript.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Talk about specific agenda in a chat group

I am of a chat group with around 10 people and at times given a lot messages, some topics got lost or unattended too.

My request is to create a feature where we can create certain agenda/topics in a chat group, so that people can answer specific to each topics. This way each agenda is address.

I've find that a lot of times some topics are lost in the midst of multiple messages.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. delete conversations

should allow to delete conversations

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams Assignment reminder

Allow the teacher to send a reminder to students who haven't handed in work.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organize Teams into groups or folders

Allow Teams to be grouped into custom folders such as favorites or priority.

Most larger organizations have many teams for many projects that require a more eloquent options than just Active/Hidden.

I personally have 18 teams I need to pay attention to and organizing them will sometime have me miss something further down the list as i would need to scroll down to see them.

This would be a simple solution as it would only expand the current system in place.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notification sounds.

There is no option for notification sounds. I don't receive any audible notifications any time someone posts in a channel or feed. There is a visual notification but I don't have this window in view constantly, so an audible sound would be great. Hard to believe this isn't already an option.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. calendar color categories from outlook

Teams has a tab for calendar which shows the outlook calendar. It should also fetch color category information from outlook.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. enable opportunistic meetings around a virtual coffee machine room

This is idea is similar to "Random 15´ coffee meetings" but different in that it is always available and also how one implements it. To create that opportunistic chat with a colleague one doesn't normally interact with but still need to align with or bounce ideas off occasionally, there is a need for a presence/video enabled virtual room that is always available. E.g. one can fall back into the virtual room in between normally scheduled virtual meetings. It could be enabled by default or toggled on/of. It should be able to tune which colleagues are available to you based on…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams Live Event

Hi Team, We cannot use the open event mode because in the past we had some "link sharing cases" where uninvited people outside of Ericsson (client and competitors) were able to access the Live event. Since then we take care to avoid this happening again just making use of the "only invited" mode when broadcasting our AEM events.

Please, what is recommendation in this case if Teams Live is unable to identify our DDLs (country lists) ? as it was applicable and Skype broadcast live event.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stream Live with Youtube or Workplace by Facebook.

Enable the "Stream Live" function integrated with Facebook's workplace or youtube. Like zoom

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export meeting notes

add an option to export meeting notes to a PDF or word file format, add an option to email to all the participants and finally be able to print

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase the number of participants in teams meeting from 300 to 1000

Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 300 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 1000 employees.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. chat history delete or archive

On the Chat panel, allow the user to delete chat history or at least archive it. Hide feature is nuisance.

Also, the chat contact list should be the default view rather than opening the recent chat.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams chat history export feature

It would be good that Teams chat history can automatically be saved into Outlook folder like Conversation history (Skype does). I'm not sure if this feature still available in Teams, or we can have a way to export the chat to a file or something.

860 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customise lobby

Hi, can we customise the lobby that guest users see befor being admitted into a meeting? Even just the ability to put a company logo would be nice.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reply to individual message in teams

Reply to each message in chats are missing - this feature will help in precise reply for certain specific messages

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to be able to open multiple windows in Teams

Why can't I open multiple windows in Teams, this is frustrating and ruins my productivity as I have to flip back and forth between projects in ONE window. Please make multiple windows in Teams.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Feature to pause the screen sharing

There should be provision to pause screen sharing so that presenter can work on background when some meeting does not require active screen movement by presenter.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base