Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. calendar

We have a MS Teams Site for our team and every member has their own outlook calendar to manage all of their events / activities. It would be great if we can link all of our outlook calendars in the MS Teams site which would then show the consolidated availability of the team members with color codes for each individual. Would make collaboration more easier using MS Office 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. flow approval in teams

Create an approval spot in teams for flow approvals

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Saving a Named Group in Chat Contacts

After creating a new "Named Group Chat" I'd like to be able to save that new group within the contact list.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can the Team chat be exposed as RSS , so that we will connect with micorosoft dynamics social engagement

Team chat be exposed as RSS ?

so that we will connect with Microsoft dynamics social engagement for analysis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Self-Mapping of channels and tabs dashboard

Self-mapping tab dashboard of the whole Team layout of channels and their tabs, along some basics analytics of those and the overall Team setup: last use, related app icon, active users in the last 7 days, ... Even expiring date for the Team, to keep track more easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable edit of Office template files (.potx,.xltx,.dotx) in Teams Files

Currently users are unable to edit Office template files (.potx,.xltx,.dotx) in Teams Files. For these format files, if modification is needed, users need to download the files from Teams, modify the content, then upload the file again to Teams Files.

Current workaround is user can select the file then choose "Open in SharePoint", then modify the file in SharePoint. But this introduces additional work for users.

We would like to have this feature, enable edit of Office template files (.potx, .xltx, .dotx) in Teams Channel directly like other normal Office files (.pptx, .xlsx, .docx).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when will video meetings be accessed by web teams

I am using teams web base and video access is not available. when will this be a reality, instead of desktop versions?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cmdlet Get-TeamHelp

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/office-docs-powershell/issues/2174

this cmdlet Get-TeamHelp is an odd-one as it does not offer any functionality that is already part of the native PS language.
    the same / more information is shown by the standard way of getting the commands / functions for any module
    Get-Command -Module MicrosoftTeams

it also does not comply to the PS normal way of offering help (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/get-help?view=powershell-6)

I see no clear value offered by this cmdlet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move to top option for new items in Meeting Wiki

The Meeting notes Wiki need the option to auto place new items at the top and additionally re-order options for Move to Top and Move to Bottom in addition to Move Up and Move Down

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. increase favorite chats or allow persistent chat settings

Either allow increase of favorite chats above 15 or allow to make chats persistent. I am seeing chats disappear from search after a certain amount of time. Some chats i would like to keep open or at least searchable for a longer period. I see favorite chats are persistent but limited to 15 favorites.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it easy for admin to change team owner (useful if owner leaves)

Right now there is no UI for admin to manage a team instead of the owner. Even a UI to change team owner would be useful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I am on multiple teams. I need a way to catagorize them beyond "More"

I am on multiple teams in various departments across my organization. I need to be able to group various teams into different categories such as Clients, Projects, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View and Restore the deleted Teams groups in 'Manage teams'

I see a captured screen in the 'Archive or restore a team' page,
    In 'Manage teams', there is 'Deleted' list under Archived list but I don't have that in my MS Teams.
    It would be great to have that, then users can view and restore the deleted Teams group right away from there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to attach Data from another Team to an Assignment

I would like to be able to attach Data from another Team (Files) to an Assignment. Like I can do it from my OneDrive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable "Always On Top" for the Teams window

I'd like to be able to make the Teams window stay on top of all others, as with the Skype conversation windows.

608 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Selecting Team from Team Search Results Should Highlight and Expand Team on Left

I have a few hundred teams. When I use the search under Teams to find the Team I want, and click it, it does show the correct team on the right, but suppose I didn't want the General channel, suppose I wanted another channel, now I must click the team name at the top ("Team_Name > General"), then click "Channels" and click the channel I wanted.

This is because in my list of a few hundred teams, I cannot be bothered to scroll through the long list of team names on the left navigation tree.

It would be better if,…

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. But if we add two or more tabs then finding them is quite bore. Instead we can have group to where all similar apps can reside init.

Though MS-Teams had vast no. of features adding tabs in the Teams & channel is very great stuff. But if add two or more tabs then finding the link is quite time taking and boring . If i could group them into buckets it might easier for picking from the buckets/group. So all similar apps can reside in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base