Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. メッセージで二重取り消し線を使いたい

チャンネルで文章添削の際に、取り消し線を使って編集内容を共有したい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connect Microsoft Teams to SharePoint communication sites

(This is separate from the popular user request to be able to connect existing SharePoint team sites to a Microsoft Team: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16930312-create-team-from-existing-sharepoint-site-and-oth )

I'd like to be able to create a communcation site collection for a Microsoft Team to interface with individuals outside my organization.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dont sort conversations based on last response

Do not sort conversations based on the most recent response. Keep conversations sorted based on Date and Timestamp of the initial post. When you sort by last response, conversations started earlier get lost. An accurate chronological sort is more useful here.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No participant info for chats when looking back at earlier days

When I look back at chat history from a channel after being OOO for a few days, I see the conversation, but the participant posting the message is not identified. Makes difficult to follow the chat and see what transpired.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Outlook style text edtior

Make the chat text editor for conversations similar to Outlook. This would include all options for inserting and formatting charts, pictures, ect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide 'report reader access' for Microsoft employees to view usage and analytics reports for their Teams

You have such a great feature here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-activity-reports
    But turns out no one in the company can get access to view these reports (As per support ticket resolution notes)

Really? You have features for external customers and not for employees?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Document mail enabled users with external addresses break Teams federation

Document the following scenario as incompatible with federated Teams tenants:

Internal domain contains mail enabled users for external mail routing and dynamic distribution list generation. Exchange is on-premise. These mail enabled users have a primary SMTP and mail attribute of the external tenant that is to be federated with. This mail enabled user is then AD Synced to Azure AD. Teams will not lookup users externally when a cloud user in the Azure AD domain has the same mail or SMTP address as the target external federated domain.

Solution was to remove those user OU's from AD Sync so they…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Goals tab assigned users need have the ability to attach files from the desktop too. As of now it only lets to attach files in Sharepoint

In Goals tab assigned users need have the ability to attach files from the desktop too. As of now the Goals fly-out only lets to attach files in Sharepoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New app update fails to install.

Endless beechball when opening new links after installing the updates to the app...re.installed and restarted and seems ok but not a straight update

Samsung galaxy Note 8.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team organization

I would like to be able to organize all of my companies teams on the landing page in multiple ways...Alphabetical, chronological, drag and drop, etc.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add team member - Search in GAL

When searching for new team members, search only for users not hidden in the GAL.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. All Company Team, Control Owners

Allow one to change OWNERS, in the ALL Company team.

I removed some global admins as OWNER, but the system adds them back in.

Suggest using the Dynamic group options to create the all company team, thus allowing someone to manage the group from Azure AD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ¿Será posible sincronizar documentos de dos canales de equipos diferentes?

Necesito compartir con dos equipos algunos documentos de uso común, más no toda la información del equipo principal. Es importante que los documentos que necesito compartir sean modificados o actualizados en el equipo principal y se actualice en automático (se sincronice) en el equipo secundario. Agradeceré me ayuden con esta configuración.

Muchas gracias.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dynamic Integration of Visuals in One Note/Wiki

Our team is looking to improve team culture and engagement with the challenge that our team of 40 is cross campus, and not everyone knows each other. One idea is to have a central "get to know us/resources" page in Teams, which could be a Wikipedia page. However, instead of simply having links to other files of org charts and content on who we are, perhaps can we integrate an org chart embedded within the Wiki page that's dynamic. Any other ideas that other teams have done, or apps that exist that can help would be great. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Outlook like preview of conversations

Currently Chat, when adding images, takes up a lot of real estate. It would be great to have a feature in Chat that allows you to change the view to Preview (truncated/shorter version) like you have in Outlook.

Mimicking Outlook would be ideal to keep the learning curve down (from Outlook to Teams Chat). It would also allow users to remove much of the unnecessary space taken up by images, glifys, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See list of official channels in my company without knowing the name to be able to find it in search results

In Slack you can see all channels in you company and decide what channel you want to follow. In Teams you need to know the name of the channel and then search for it. That means there might be channels you don't know about because you can't find them in a list. There should be a: "Channels in you company you can follow"!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I feel, if we the team members get email or pop-up..whenever new task assigned and update done, and the subject closed.

I feel, if we the team members get email or pop-up..whenever new task assigned and update done, and the subject closed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mobile app autoscrolling disabled

One of the uses that my department uses with teams is that we jump into one channel per day and type everything we need to communicate to others.

when we do this, it autoscrolls and doesn't give us a chance to disable this. today when i tried to take a screenshot of the mobile phone chat, it would scroll away when new messages were received and i had to scroll back up. eventually after many many many attempts i got the screenshot but wasn't able to add it to teams.

Is this something that can be resolved or fixed?
    This…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base