Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Requested Changes/Updates

1. Ability to drag tabs from one channel to another

2. Ability to rename "General" to whatever I want

3. tagging posts w key words

4. Ability to conference into Teams calls remotely via cell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams app needs a better notification when it goes offline.

Dan,

I disconnected my computer for the weekend (which is unusual) by disconnecting VPN and closing the lid.

When I reconnected this morning, it wasn’t surprising that the Teams app was showing the ‘refresh’ screen below.

In this case (probably due to the extended disconnect time), hitting refresh would not address the app issues. It returned to the refresh screen after ‘grinding’ for a minute or so. Quitting and restarting the application addressed it. I will provide the same feedback via the feedback link in the Teams app.

Thanks,

Jim

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Office 365 Homework Tracker!

Hello everyone,

I am a high school English teacher and have been using Office 365 apps for a while now. I am a great believer in the positive impact that ICT tools have on student engagement and effective teaching. Furthermore, I have been promoting the use of ICT in my faculty and with my colleagues, especially with reducing the amount of paper work we accumulate. Consequently, I believe the addition of a new feature will greatly encourage teachers to use Office 365. The new feature that I am proposing is a Homework Tracker for teachers. Homework is a critical part…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hello,
    Thanks for sharing the information. We currently do have a product Microsoft Teams Assignments which has the similar feature that you described above. Please take a look at these articles (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-teams-5aa4431a-8a3c-4aa5-87a6-b6401abea114?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US ) which will help you understand the work flow of the product and implementation. Hope you like the product and join us in the journey to make teachers life easy.

Thanks,
    Sai

4. Deleting conversations in Channels by Owner

Hi,

if we have to delete any conversations happened in the Teams, Group owner should have that access, unfortunately only member (not an owner) is able to delete the conversation or message that they sent.

Can you look in to this ?

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto Subcribe to Channels

When we create a Team and start creating channels into it, we would like that this channel is auto subscribed (followed) by team members so that when new posts are posted in channels, members can receive notifications. If they do not want to, they can unfollow the channel. But by this proposed feature, the one posting in a channel can be sure that all members are receiving updates.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. links in teams

Within the Teams Files area, allow links to documents stored elsewhere (especially in SharePoint) to be added, just as we can add links to documents within standard SharePoint libraries

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. double click to edit the post

it would handy feature if allow double click to enable edit post.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. notifications

I want notifications to always appear based on Person or Keyword like slack
    I want to turn notifications on or off based on team or channel

Please get this working like slack does

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support markdown template(s) for new posts in a channel

I would like to be able to configure one markdown template that would automatically be injected into any new posts made within a specific channel. For example, if I have a channel allowing employees to submit change requests, there are certain details I would like always included, and a standard format makes it easier to process this information. This template should only apply to new threads in the channel. Follow-up posts/questions could be written without any template whatsoever to discuss the original post. Anyone creating a new post would see the template in their editor, allowing them to fill in…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expiration date for conversation to trigger auto hide/archive/delete

It would be great, to be able to put an "expiration date" on a channel conversation. Once the date has been reached, the conversation should either hide, archive or delete.

This would be useful for announcements that are good for a certain amount of time, but are no longer needed/necessary afterwards. This helps to keep the channels clutter free and filled with only relevant info.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add multiple usergroups to a team

Now it is only possible to add one single usergroup (from Active Directory) at a time to a team in order to add members. For the second (and third...) group you have to go to the team page and then add members again.
    Improvement would be to be able to add multiple usergroups in one go.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlight Teams with ANY new content

I find it frustrating that new content in a team channel gets "hidden" from my default view.

I want any channel I follow with new messages to appear BOLD... and be visible! Having it collapsed and NOT showing the parent team as BOLD to indicate new content (or off-screen with lots of open teams) means I miss critical posts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want you to be able to easily copy the link of the file uploaded to the team to chat

There are times when you request to modify files with chat rather than conversation, but it is not easy to choose.
    I would like to be able to select the file of the team that the conversation partner is in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please tell me there is a way to DELETE a single conversation on Teams!!!!!!!!!

Simple let me delete a conversation or at least sign off and sign back in and its gone - this is Ridiculous !!!!!!!!! Urrrrrrr

We all Hate this !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 팀들을. 여러개 회사에서 사용하니 계속 로그인 절차가 번거롭습니다

슬랭처럼 여럽게 로그인이 되게 해주세요
    너무 불편합니다

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Black Screen in Teams

Teams in an RDS environment shows a black screen on office documents when editing in Teams. Clearing the teams folders solves it only once, until next log on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reports and resolution name

Reports with quantitative in less time and improvement in the resolution of users / groups of the domain / tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base