Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don’t show ‘General’ channel if it is the only channel. Cleaner UI.

Unless there is more than one channel set up in a team. You don’t need to see the ‘General’ channel as it is the only one by default. It would be easier to navigate the ‘Teams’ tab, and a much cleaner UI, if it just showed the name of the team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to view 4 groups or more simultaneously without clicking them to expand and show.

I would like to view 4 groups or more simultaneously without clicking them to expand and show.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. This is missing

1. A tick for sent

2. 2 ticks for received

3. Change in colour of ticks when read

4. Reply

5. Forward

Sorry but without these most basic of basic features it sucks badly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Public trusted certificate for the Direct routing

We use Go Daddy here in Australia which has the option of Go Daddy or Starfield Technologies, Inc. as the root CA.

I checked out certs and our organisation uses Starfield Technologies, Inc. which is quite common here.
    Can you please adds this as a supported CA.
    thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hoy no ha permitido la aplicación hacer "@" he invocar a un equipo

Hoy no ha permitido la aplicación hacer "@" he invocar a un equipo cuando un usuario quiere enviar un mensaje a todo el equipo.
    El sistema hasta hoy invocaba el equipo después del @ y la primera letra

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search Under Manage Team to Include Other Fields

In earlier build of Teams client, when you search for members by Right click on Team name -> Manage Team page, it would also search on properties like location, apart from names of members. In the recent builds, this doesn't work (It searches only on names). I understand that this is because of change where search is server side instead of client side as it was because. However, we should bring back the ability to include other fields when searching.

Context: I own a team where members are geographically distributed in the company. Having an ability to filter them by…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve syncing on collaborative PPT documents

When collaborating with multiple people in a PPT doc stored on Teams, the application glitches a lot, and removes changes or overwrites with the existing information. The syncing is very poor and is causing a lot of rework effort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an Agile Planning Poker Plugin

It would be great to have a plugin for collecting Agile Planning Poker Estimates in Teams. Ideally you could:
    - Geed it a backlog query from on-premises TFS
    - Select a backlog item
    - Collect estimates privately
    - Have them shown all at once and then averaged based on your own formula (straight average, averaged to nearest Fibonacci number, etc.)
    - Have the result fed back into on-premises TFS.

Even without TFS integration it would still be extremely useful it could handle collection and aggregation of the estimates. It would give us a reason to use Teams over just Skype…

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Baby Monitor Function - One user, one Logon, Multiple computers in different, physical locations, intranet.

Baby Monitor Function.

I was going to create a chat with myself, accessible from other computers in my building, where I am the logged-on user;
    That way, I can listen for the Delivery buzzer, when not working in the room where the buzzer is located.

Task for MS-Teams Chat session, with cameras muted to minimize bandwidth;
    Or get a co-worker to open a telephone call, and just leave it on Speaker for both desk-phones?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Private chat is specific to the team its used in

When in a team and you want to chat, it would be good if that Private chat only showed the conversation relating to that team. Currently if I have 6 different teams and one person has access to several of them, all my chats with that individual show, not just the ones relating to that team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Back to basics

Well, first of all... Teams should be able to use computer sound devices as an default. It is normat that after Teams-installation, sound devices are grey and not able to use or activate to use.

Second, if Microsoft firewall recognice in comming call as an netowrk attach, there is something really wrong. I mean, really really wrong.

My wish in this life would be simple "I wish some day Microsoft make softwares witch are compatible with operating systems, and other softwares". But i doubt I can see that day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tab colors, activity vs chats

When you have active chat vs hover chat, the hover color is dark and active chat is light. I’ve sent messages to wrong chat all the time if cursor lands on wrong chat. Also, you can’t tell easily under Activities area if a person is sending you a chat or is posting to a channel. Often replied to a channel thinking it’s only to single person, making me hesitate to use Activities area.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Teams to server RSS Links

Allow Teams to serve RSS Links so users can add the Team Channel/files to their RSS feed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I should be able to Delete a member from group chat as I am able to Add a member

Currently I am able to Add new Members to group chat but I am not able to Delete any unwanted or ex-employees.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reports on each Teams Activity.

Can we have a report on Each Teams activity? Management tends to wants to knows how active is their staff in the teams. In a corporation there might have 100 to 200 teams but is that necessary to have all the teams and how active is the teams, this we failed to justify to management.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can not set favortie/unfavorite

With Win10, can not set a channel as favorite or unfavorite, this is happening to almost everyone in the team.

The problem doesn't exist in iPhones and iPads.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base