Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Puhelimella olisi kiva pystyä

lisäämään tiedostoja file-välilehdelle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. include images in immersive reader

Often in a private or team chat colleagues will paste a quick image or photo to clarify some point. In my company there is a very high level of the MS Snip & Sketch tool. In the immersive reader this is lost and replaced with "[Image]". Interestingly when I hover or click this word, the reader actually reads the word "image". IN a way that's kind of funny, however, I really would like to see the immersive reader provide a thumbnail and option to open the full image with a mouse click.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Calendar coloring

Would be good if we can have a color code option in Microsoft Teams Calendar to identify calendar events quickly!

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trouble Creating Teams

I am having trouble creating a team. The bottom left "add button" wont work. When I press it, all that comes up is "Join a team with a code and enter code. How do I create a team? Is there something I am missing? Thank you for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow users to share files without being in a team

It would be great if everyone would be able to share SharePoint files in Chat without being in a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restore the ability to "like" a post without having to hover over the post to click the "thumbs up" icon

I often use the "like" button in Teams for a variety of purposes including:
    1) Agreement with the post content
    2) Acknowledgement that I have read the message or will act on it
    etc..

Consequently, I click "like" on a lot of posts; the latest update which moves the "like" button from being always visible next to the post into an on-hover post menu (which once it appears I then have to position the mouse again over the "like" icon) is not an improvement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to turn off on screen notifications for 1 hour or 1 day.

It is better to turn off the notifications as they kinda build a pop up over pop up and gets annoying to x out of it all the time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. While waiting for sorting feature, at least we should have a float button to scroll down to the bottom of the page with only one click.

Refer to idea to change most recent to be on the top of the page is declined on https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16951462-sort-conversations-so-the-latest-posts-are-at-the?page=1&per_page=20

It would be an ideal to have a button to click to scroll down to the bottom of the page, instead of scrolling mousewheel endlessly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flow add to teams

We have some voluntary programs that users sign up using a Microsoft Form. We have Flow transferring that information to the Teams Site, which works great. However, an owner of the Microsoft Team has to then go and add the user who just submitted the Form to become a member of the Team. It would be so useful to create a step in the Flow to add the user to the Team after submitting a Form.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show preferred teams as options for users to join

I would like to have the feature that the team option lists up preferred public teams for user to select and join when clicking the Join or create team button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yammer Connected Groups must be available in Teams to create a team using existing Office 365 Groups

Hi,
    I created a Yammer Connected Groups which further created the Sharepoint Site, Email, OneNote, etc. When I tried to create a Team based on existing Office 365 Group, I couldn't find the Group created via Yammer. Why should I duplicate the same work in Yammer + Office 365 in Teams. Make the existing Office 365 Groups created via Yammer also available inside the Teams.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please please please let us delete/rename the 'General' channel

Please please please let us delete/rename the 'General' channel

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Power BI in MS Teams

Hi, how can I use Power BI? It seems disable. How can I request it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ambiente misto, instancias ou trocas rapidas de organizacao

Tenho 2 clientes que usam a ferramenta. Preciso de comunicacao em tempo real com eles. Porem a troca entre organizacoes é muito demorada. Podia ter um ambiente misto, com mais de uma organizacao e vc poderia diferencialas por cores(sei, mudaria muito a estrutura na qual a ferramenta foi desenhada) mas seria fantástico. Ou, essa é mais simples, permitir mais de uma instancia, tanto no Windows quanto n mobile. Porque nao posso ter dois ambientes de duas empresas diferentes, abertos para comunicação? Se existe uma solução, por favor me oriente.

Obrigado

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multi Window needs to be standard with Teams The company's platform that is runs on is called WINDOWS!!!!!!!

This shouldnt even be a discussion. This should have been done already!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notificaciones en Teams no llegan

No llegan las notificaciones de Teams cuando se envían mensajes en los equipos

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop autohiding channels

Seriously, stop auto hiding channels. The "favourites" workaround was janky, but at least it was a one click affair, the current system is moronic.

Go use Slack and Discord to see how it's done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support macros and VBA in Excel workbooks.

Excel workbooks opened in Teams need to support macros and/or VBA code.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Call out-going Webhook (bot) to reply to all human made messages and reply.

Microsoft Teams has a lack of Webhook (bot) trigger issue.

I would like to request like:

Call out-going Webhook (bot) when new message post or reply by real human users.
    Then get a reply, to the triggered message and reply, with the value from the return of Webhook (bot).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base