Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the DEMO environment-Health does not support the classification option

I'm trying to DEMO for a customer, the Teams, Enterprise for Health does not support 'Teams classification when creating a team" in the interest of Microsoft's security campaign and best practice... this feature is a must if we are to stress public vs private, general, restricted etc... DEMO walk through was last updated JUNE 2018

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Launching Teams from an Office 365 Group only produced a Joined window but doesn't take you to the Team

I have been added to an Office 365 group for which a Team has been created. On viewing the group in SharePoint, I see a Teams link. I click on that link and get a web page that invites me to launch the Teams desktop app, which I do. All that happens is that I get a window that notifies me that I have joined, but can go no further and can't see the Team in question. I belong to other Teams and see them in Favourites. Surely clicking on the notification window should take me to the Team in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Version Control in Microsoft Teams

Hi. Is it possible to have version control like you have in Team Foundation Server? Documents are being replaced and having a version control could help us

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. subject for new documents

Today, when you createa new Office doc (Excel, PowerPoint, Word...) and choose to start the conversation about that file, you have no way to choose a subject.

Can we have an option, at the moment the conversation starts, to add a subject so we see more as a heading than just the file itself?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. channel logo

Add ability to add an image to channels as we can for Teams. My primary "Team" is dedicated to managing our clients, where I have setup each client as a separate channel.

It would be an ideal option to be able to add logos/images to channels as we do for Teams. In our case, I would have the logo of each company serve as the Image of their respective channel. I think adding the option of assigning an appropriate image per channel makes more sense than just having the Team images at the top of screen when focusing on a…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Easy access to planner app in teams

I would love to have the planner function directly accessable via the left bar. Atm I have to click on the 3 points first, why can't I adjust it myself? And why is the first planner tab "activity" always empty? Please find useful content or delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Renaming a Microsoft Team

Currently when you rename a Microsoft Team it changes the display name to the new team name however on the backend in Exchange the old email address and alias remain, and a new email address with the new team name does not get created. When a Microsoft Team gets renamed it would be nice if a new email address and alias get assigned, and the old email address get shifted to a secondary alias.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remind me about Saved items (like Facebook)

As others have noted, you can 'Save' a message or post, but you then forget to go check your Saved items. Facebook gives you a reminder (you have Saved items, etc), and Teams desperately needs this. It should be added to the main menu down the left-hand side, as SAVED is what people have marked as important because they need to come backt to it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email notifications should include the entire post, not just partial

We now get email notifications when not logged into teams and it includes the first portion of the post. It should include the entire post so we can decide if we need to login to Teams to reply or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams pravte chat limited joint 19persons

Dear support,

Teams private chat cannot joint over 20person.
    Team private cannot kick out someone from group. If they are resign from company without leave this group.

Best regards,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to invite others to channel

Similar to the slack command /invite, allow users of a channel to invite other users to a channel. In Teams nomenclature, that means allowing others to favorite a channel for you. Or at the very least, allow admins/moderators to do this.

Many users can't be bothered to understand or know which channels they might be interested in. The whole community and "virtually working in the same room" use model relies on the knowledge of one person pulling another person in who may be interested in a topic.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
    So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. samba

It is not possible to use the link protocol smb:// in teams.
    Can you please implement the teams software so that people can use the samba protocol.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Diedenhoven

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to able to delete the entire recent chat

I want to able to delete the entire recent chat

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. share option missing in one drive teams

should be able to edit the "sharing" of files in OneDrive under Teams. there does not seem to be an option for that. If I have to go to portal.office.com or one drive itself that defeats the purpose of using 1 application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I should be able to Delete a member from group chat as I am able to Add a member

Currently I am able to Add new Members to group chat but I am not able to Delete any unwanted or ex-employees.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 会話の中で、残したい内容をWikiにワンボタンで送れるようにしてほしい。

メモっておきたいとき、毎回コピーしてWikiに貼り付けてるので。しかも、会話の発言者や時間を合わせてコピーしようとしてもできないので、会話タブとWikiタブを何度もいったりきたりしないといけないのが凄まじく無駄。

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No introductory video was shown once in app

This is a archaic way to ask for feedback, I don't understand when Microsoft will realise the modern world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add all direct reports to a team

Provide an easy way to add members from the organization view so that you can quickly add a manager and all of their direct reports to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base