Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CQD - Fullscreen mode in Query editor

Please create a full screen mode for the Query editor in CQD.
    The editor is great as it is but it could be much better with Full screen mode. I usually edit my querys and check the results in editor, however it shows a minimum amount of information while there are a lot of free space on the screen.
    Width can be changed but it only creates another scrolling area which is not an ideal solution.

I created a sample image, how should it look like in full screen - it is much better in my opinion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expiration date of Microsoft Teams channel

I want to disable a channel after a expiration date
    for manage channels easy

by setting a expiration date to each channel,
    after the expiration data, disable the channel automatically

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Desktop sharing in a Teams Video call with Skype not working

When you video call someone on Skype from with Teams (old Skype call) you can't share out your desktop.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Island mode should be respected for external users

Communications from Teams to External users is received in Skype for Business client. As we attempt to train users to use Teams and appreciate the goodness of the new experience as well as the ability to work with external users, this is a bit of a setback. Hope that teams to teams and s4b to s4b will soon be available for Island mode users collaborating with external teams/s4b users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you turn on your camera on Teams mobile compared to Teams desktop, the experience is different

We’ve observed that on Teams Mobile none of the participants videos appearing in Thumbnail. However, on Teams Desktop Client, the individual videos appear in Thumbnail compared to other invitees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you turn on your camera on Teams mobile compared to Teams desktop, the experience is different

We’ve observed that on Teams Mobile none of the participants videos appearing in Thumbnail. However, on Teams Desktop Client, the individual videos appear in Thumbnail compared to other invitees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Team members unable to access Team document library

My organization recently made the corporate wide move to Teams. With this, I created a Team for each Course Topic I teach (I'm a trainer). I am adding a channel for each offering of the class. So, Class X has the General channel where I put all documents for that course and any information that applies to all offerings of that specific course. I then create a channel for each individual offering, where I put the roster and any information specific to that class. (Private channels will certainly be a big bonus for me with this!). Twice in the past…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to "like" a change to a group name in Chat

Let users "like" when another user changes a group name in Chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Require two owners to approve Team Deletions

Require Two Owners for Teams and Deletion approval needs to go through both Owners.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add existing class Notebook to a team

Add an existing class Notebook to a team
    There should be an option to add an existing class notebook to a Team rather than only being able to create a new class notebook

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bulleted List that Allows Replies

Allow the author of a post to create a new type of bulleted list: Thread-Enabled bullets. If selected, each bullet in the post will allow a reply. In this way, a bulleted list can be easily created by an author and collaboration/discussion can be isolated to each bullet point. Could automatically create "split points" where multiple posts are created as a simple way to implement (to avoid issues with Editing) but one of the things people miss from email is being able to scroll down to a bulleted list in an email thread and comment under each bullet point. Some…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upload OneNote Notebooks Rather than Making Tab Channel

I want the ability to create or upload a OneNote Notebook in a Channel's files tab rather than having to create a notebook tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Problem in seeing history of channel.

The last 2 days we can no longer see the different Team Channels.
    Private chats are ok. But the Teams channel's general and others we can no longer see what was written before.
    The only way of seeing the channel information is checking it out on the mobile phone.

Kindly update ASAP as we have some valuable information in the channels.
    Thanks

It's on Windows 10 OS (64Bit) and with latest updates installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More Easily Allow External Users

Allow for external users to be invited to a specific group or chat without having an admin make an exception for this user as long as they have an active 365 account. Or allow for a external user secure session to be created without admin intervention.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "Schedule a Meeting" button to Channel Conversation Similar to Chat

I think there should be a "Schedule a Meeting" button available in the reply options of a Channel Conversation similar to how chat has one.

Currently it only has a "Meet Now" button in a conversation. There is an option to "Schedule a Meeting" after you click on the "Meet Now" button, but it's a bit confusing and unintuitive to hide the "Schedule a Meeting" option under "Meet Now".

As noted in another request, the schedule a meeting should also automatically copy the subject of the conversation as the subject of the meeting.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Planner with an Existing Group to a Team

We have several departments with existing planner plans. We need the ability to connect plans based on different groups to a teams channels. This also is beneficial for cross-departmental groups using teams that will not need document or chat collaboration but need task collaboration.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable "tabification" of the entire teams UI

Enable "tabification" of the entire teams UI. So I can have multiple tabs accessing different teams/channels/channel tabs - without opening lots of tabs in a browser

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner apps added to a channel should automatically email members assigned to tasks

members not being emailed about tasks assigned under the planner app, and this appears to occur if the member doesn't 'follow' the channel/team

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please return the "Away" option for Teams status.

Please return the "Away" option for Teams status.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base