Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download a participants Report in Teams - Allow other delegates

with the new feature of Download a participants Report in Team now being rolled out, please can you allow Meeting Organisers to choose who else can view them

• Allow other delegates to download participant reports

• archive of previous participant reports for reoccurring schedules

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification multi tenant

Hi,
    i've been invited from a customer in their team.
    In the app, near my account icon, i can choose the tenants.
    The problem is that if user in a nother tenant send me a message chat, while i'm logged in my tenat, i don't see the chat notification.
    I can see the chat only if i switch to their tenat.

pls allow any kind of notifaction from other tenants

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove status messages showing up on every single chat

It gets really annoying when 1 out of 20 people in a group chat has a status message and it shows up all the time. Useless feature and gets in the way.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sequence of Raised Hand

Whenever a hand is raised during a Teams meeting, in addition to the name of the person, please prefix the order sequence of the raised hand. This will help the moderator in checking with the audience in the right order of hand raised.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. assignment archiving

Allow for a 'download all' button to get all the submitted work in that particular assignment. The issue with finding and downloading the files from SharePoint is that they are in student folders and then all the assignments (and there are lots generally) and you may just need the one internal assessment required for moderation.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team Meeting Recording - Only Host can record

We need only host can record the meeting the participants needs to be deactivated. or the host can choose the participants who can record.

The feature is available in Zoom. While scheduling the meeting host can delegate the recording option to some participants.

This will be very helpful

Thanks,
    Gajan Radhakrishnan

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. auto translate chats

auto translate chats

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add an icon in the participation list next to each name that allows me to know who has their screens on/off?

There would be a small box icon that appears next to the student’s name IF their screen is on. This would help me monitor in real time who is got their screen on as it hassle to compare the participation list with the screens that are on to figure out which one student is NOT on.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wish the "raise hand" option also could indicate who raised their hand 1st.

Wish the "raise hand" option also could indicate who raised their hand 1st.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add multiple (and private) channels to a Teams Meeting Invite

It appears that I cannot invite multiple channels to a Teams meeting and I cannot ever add a private channel to a Teams meeting

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. turn off meeting audio

We can turn off video, microphone but not audio in meeting.
    When i need to use another application using audio, i have to leave the meeting or i will have 2 audio mixing and hard to understand

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delete option for chats in chat group

There should be an option to delete the video recorded message in group chat.Although the recording content was deleted ,the file still existed in group chat showing that a recording had been done.Kindly provide an option atleast for the one who records, to delete the recording file completely in group chat ASAP.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Annotation Tool in Assignment-Tool of Teams

Hi,

I am a teacher and I‘m used to make annotations in the assignements Students send to me. Usually I work with itunesU and there is the possibility to open the document and write with pencil or typewriter-Tool into the Document. I am missing this Tool in Teams.
    Here I only can give a Feedback in a special Space.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a hide non-video participants button

When you left click on a non-video participant, you should be able to select to hide all non-video participants. This will also help you with how you can not view very many people at once

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Control Camera

Please enable the option of being able to control the participants' camera in a meeting, so that the meeting organizer can decide who to turn the camera on and off as well as the microphones. We don't need to turn off all the users' cameras, but to decide when the meeting organizer turns on the camera and when he turns it off.
    Thank you.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. disable meeting button in team channel

Possibility of disabling the "meet now" button for some team channels and thus avoid a massive meeting when there are groups of more than 2000 people

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification of Hand Raised during Screen Share across all applications/screens

When someone is presenting during a Teams Meeting, and while sharing a specific application on a different screen, when someone raises a hand, the person doesn't get notified if they don't have the Teams task options on that screen. Please add a feature to notify the user across all applications/screens during the screen share.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow chosen presenters to bypass the lobby

We have bypass lobby options for Everyone, People in the Org (and trusted) and soon to be "Only Me".

Are we able to have a "Specific People" option too? So that we can have our chosen Presenters also have the ability to Bypass the lobby?

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assignments categories: Unviewed, Uncomplete, Returned, Completed, Graded

At the moment, our kids get lost into their assignments. If I return an assignment to them, because is uncomplete for example, the assignment remains in the "Completed" section, and most of the times they don't see it...

Would be nice to have different categories in the assignments:

Unviewed (the student has not visited these assignments yet)
    Unclompleted (the student has been in the assignments, but haven't handed them in)
    Returned (the teacher has returned the work for some reason, but the assignment is not graded)
    Completed (the assignment has been handed in, but the teacher hasn't reviewed it yet) …

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Video voicerecording transcript download button

Transcripts are generated in record function but unable to download in one shot. Add a download button, to download the full transcript.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base