Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams - Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000

We have tested Teams using the Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000: video and audio works, but the 360° view (panorama view) doesn't work correctly.
    We have strong business reason to use the 360° feature, 'cause of more intense utilizzation due to 750 employees.
    We need the integration of this feature in Teams. We hope you can do that.
    thanks in advance

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Teams Meeting button on Outlook ribbon to assign meeting to Team and Channel

When creating a Team Meeting using Outlook (OWA or desktop application) I want to assign the meeting to a Team and Channel. This is possible when creating a meeting in Teams, but not supported when creating a meeting with Outlook.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. rubric

The option to add a rubric should stay there when you go back to edit an assignment.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. change order of channels

Would like the ability to manually change the order of channels within a team. I want to put the channels i'm more likely to use at the top of the channel list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move conversations from one thread to another.

Sometimes people mistakenly reply to conversation threads by starting a new conversation. It would be nice to move those new conversations into the threaded conversation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow more then 15 pins in chat

Allow more then 15 pins in chat at a time.

I talk to mutiple coworkers daily and run many programs on my screen so I had to turn off the pop up notification.

I like having the chat tab open and being able to see all the highlighted chats I need to reply to. I work at a managed IT service provider and need to talk to mutiple techs at a time.

I would like unlimited pins in the chat tab.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen sharing for Android devices.

Would like to see screen sharing on Android devices. I understand this feature was implemented last year for iOS.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shared Calendars

The ability to share a team calendar in Teams would be helpful. Organizations often create separate email/calendar accounts for team, for example "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com". The Recruitment team then communicates internally using Teams, but at the moment there is no way to view the "Recruitment@blahblahblah.com"'s calendar entries from Teams. We use this as the central scheduling point for interviews, but no one can see it via Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent Team deletion by mistake

We currently face often the issue that some team-owners try to leave a team. But for reasons i don't know they sometimes flip from leave team to delete team. And then they tend to not read the following Dialoge and set the checkmark and click delete. Then the Team is gone…

What i have in mind is to ask the user, like in MMORPGs, to write the Team name again manually in a Textbox before enabling the deletion Button. If they mean it to delete the team then it is ok.

If they have flipped buttons they will then read…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. delete message

As an author of a message I can delete a message I sent to an individual (yay!). However, the recipient is unable to see that there was a message that was deleted! I think the recipient MUST also be aware that a message they might have seen (worst case: acted on), is now deleted. Surreptitiously allowing the Author to delete a message and not informing the Recipient that a message has been deleted is not fair. Can cause endless concerns in the "wrong hands" :-p

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delete whole content of a channel

We have a Team which we want to prepare before we open it to public.
    Now the whole discussion in the General Channel is not foreseen to be published.
    But the *General* Channel can not be deleted.

It would be nice to _Flush_ a whole Channel without deleting the Channel (resp. the whole Team).

Thank you for considering.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams is not a replacement for Skype for Business

Teams is not a replacement for Skype for business. The forced switch has had a negative impact on my company. Horrible experience.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. having read recipts on messages so you know when people have read your message and not just typing

having read receipts on messages so you know when people have read your message and not just typing

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mark all as Read

I constantly have notification warnings for teams I am in but rarely interact with. I can't get these notifications to go away unless I click each message and team window so that they are marked as read.

There needs to be a "Mark all as read" button some where.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit sentences

I would like to see an option where we can edit what we posted. This is handy when using Slack or Flock.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring togehter Teams with all contents (files, chats, channels ecc.)

It would be great if 2 teams could be united in 1 with all channes, chats, files ecc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duplicate/Clone a channel within a team

I run regular events which I create a channel for each event within the team, including the planning app with buckets and actions.

It is very time consuming to set up the channel/planner each time and would be preferable to set up a template which I can duplicate for each new event, including the planner app.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams calls: Mobile vs. Desktop

If I am signed in on both mobile and desktop Teams apps simultaneously, and someone starts a Teams call from their desktop Teams app, the call rings on my mobile Teams app. Short of signing myself out of the mobile Teams app, how can I get Teams calls to ring the desktop app first?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.