Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email to (group) chat

I want to replace email as much as possible by Teams, but sometimes I do receive an email which I need to discuss with someone or with a group. To prevent having to forward the mail I'd be more convenient to be able to forward the mail to a (group) chat. Added bonus would be that the mail would be easily found back in the conversation's files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically clean up old message

We use a channel to receive messages from different alert systems.

The amount of message are huge and those messages are not useful anymore after for example a week.

We would like to have an option that allows to automatically cleanup old messages in a channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I miss Skype

Make it more like Skype for business. That was very counter intuitive. I have a hard time finding my way around teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Download all

It would be great to have a "Download All" button under an assignment. Currently I have to click on each student to download their submitted file. A "Download All" button that puts all files for that assignment into a zipped folder would be nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. polling - - when using a poll - should be able to pick multiple options

I want to be able to pick multiple options not just one AND add as many options as I want.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let Students post assignments

Give students the ability to add assignments. This would be beneficial if the teacher isn't necessarily using the app but groups are using it for group projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a member both in a private channel and in the associated team

When adding a member in a private channel, he is automatically added to the team if he is not already a member.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. if no Owners in a team, display "Become Owner" to all current Members

To simplify management and reduce complications, when no Owners remain in a team, then the Manage Team interface should show "Become Owner" to all current Members (below the "Add Member" button, perhaps). Accept the first application, then return to normal display for everyone.

This change would allow self-sufficiency of a team without unnecessary involvement of administrators.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possibility to connect Teams VSTS Connector to Azure Devops in another tenant (not in O365 tenant of actual Teams)

We manage our Azure Devops environmant in another tenant than the O365 tenant of Microsoft Teams. Actually it's only possible to connect to an Azure Devops which belongs to the same tenant in O365 with the Microsft Teams VSTS connector. We need the possibility to connect to another tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. send a message quietly

one should be able to send a message quietly if needed(such as FYI kind of info) so that it does not show a notification immediately in group members. they can see the message when ever they open teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When profile picture of the user is changed it is not reflected in the Teams application.

When profile picture of the user is changed it is not reflected in the Teams application. When it is restarted then only latest profile picture is displayed. Where as in Skype for Business application it is getting reflected instantly. Teams application behavior shall be same as SkypeForBusiness application in this use case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Relatórios de Participantes - Teams

Disponibilizar a opção de imprimir a relação de usuários que participaram de uma conferencia.
    Pelo admin center teams é possível visualizar a quantidade de usuários que participaram, porém, não é possível imprimi-los.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get a list of email addresses for the channel you are using

I want to extract the email address of the channel currently being used by CSV etc.

It is inconvenient because it can only be confirmed from [Get Email Address].

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need Group admin access

Need Group admin access. Admin only can manage a group like make another person as a group admin, add and remove peoples

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Registering an owner/member when creating a team

Implement a feature that can register a specific user as an owner/member at the same time when creating a team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Skype for Business we can see that the user is using Skype for business from the mobile client in the status, This is still not available

In Skype for Business we can see that the user is using Skype for business from the mobile client in the status, This is still not available in Teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dont reset the Teams view when switching between tabs on the navigation sidebar

It's really frustrating how the view on the Teams tab resets back to the root of the Team everytime I switch to another tab on the navigation sidebar.

E.g. i'll be viewing or editing a document or every just browsing files in a subfolder in the Teams view/tab on the sidebar. I switch to the Chat view/tab on the sidebar and when I switch back to the Teams view/tab I'm presented with the root of the Files folder of the Team or the General Conversation tab. NOT where I just was just moments ago.

This is a huge time waster,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. True OLED black on night mode

Make a true black night mode on teams for OLED screens. Saves battery life and looks much better.

Thanks,

Mark

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to print a conversation thread

Our HR unit is using Channels with threads that is to be printed for handout purposes (procedures) They are suggesting the ability to print a thread would be very helpful as oppose to having to screenshot the whole page.

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base