Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unroll A Thread - Like in Twitter!

I would like the ability to 'unroll' a thread, just like you can in Twitter

We have many chat threads which debate a topic, and we may want to then roll this up and send in email or save in onenote or use in a word document etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with and work with Skype user as well as teams users

Integrate and work with both Skype user as well as teams users including Corporate and standatd Skype users. Not having this ability is hindering my use of skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. grouping

Ability to organise joined teams in groups or sub headings. At the moment the only option is to unfavourite a team but this hides it out of site.

An example of a structure would be all teams related to priority projects in one group, and all teams related to non priority projects in another group.

Currently I am a member of about 50+ 'teams' for various tasks and projects, gets quite confusing. By grouping them I can keep track a bit easier on teams which are managing critical projects.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conversation arrows vs channel arrows

When I respond to someone within a channel in Teams, sometimes I will post my reply and click on the arrow to post but it is the main channel arrow. It would be nice if the page automatically scrolled down for you so you don't click the wrong arrow. Also, it would be nice for the page to scroll down automatically for you so that you don't post a new conversation within that channel. This is confusing because there are two input fields at the bottom but the latest conversation within a channel input field in normally not visible unless…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Importação de contatos Skype para Microsoft Teams

Below is the testo in English and Portuguese Brazil

Estou decepcionado e com sério problema em relação ao Microsoft Teams, em um dos vários atendimentos via chat com o atendente de suporte do Skype o Sr. Paulo VT, ele me informou que se adquiríssemos o Skype For Business meus problemas de sumir as edições de apelidos como também os contatos iriam ser sanado.
    Compramos o produto Microsoft Office 365 Business, para meu descontentamento no suporte do Skype For Business fui informado pela atendente Cristine Pontes/Technical Support Engineer que ele será descontinuado e tudo será migrado para o Microsoft Teams.
    Então…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow # key to be called 'hash' key in Microsoft Teams voicemail prompt

Allow # key to be called 'hash' key instead of 'pound' key, in Microsoft Teams voicemail prompt, in most english speaking countries outside USA # is called the 'hash' key.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change name of "Chats" section

I've noticed a hesitancy to use group chats for official/important discussions. The name "Chats" implies that they're just for IM-ing. If it was called "Conversations" or "Discussions", etc., people would be more likely to use it for official group discussions and virtual meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is there a way I can edit/modify the look and layout of the chart in a Planner Tab

I'm new to Teams and have found the 'Charts' option on Planner Tabs.

I'd like a way I can edit/modify the look and layout of the chart/s and if so, does it depend on access level, i.e. Admin/Owner?

I specifically want to edit the Legend fields and colours used in the Chart (without having to change the theme of the entire Team). I want to be able to add specific tasks to the graphs to show relevant stages and percentages by Channel/Project.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Access Based Enumeration for Private Channels

Access Based Enumeration like with Shares and NTFS permissions, effectively hides what you don't have rights to see.

ABE for private channels would only show people the channels they have been granted rights to access, and hide the other channels such as the General channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to see who has viewed each message in a thread (like Skype or Slack)

Within other chat programs you have the ability to see a small icon of a user's image which denotes who has read your latest message, this would really help when using Teams with our development teams to see who and who has not read the messages, so that I can chase accordingly! Also helps you see who is online and actively reading messages

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting Roster

There should be a list of who connected to the Teams meeting and if possible when they left, after the meeting is over.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Meeting Member Options should be limited

Only the meeting Leader should be able to Remove participants, Mute participants, Start meeting, Record meeting, and Mute all participants.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for RFC 3326. Completed elsewhere.

It would be great if MS Teams would support RFC 3326.
    When a call is cancelled with SIP "CANCEL" message and "Reason" header, for example:
    Reason: SIP ;cause=200 ;text="Call completed elsewhere"
    it won't be displayed as missed call on Teams client.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Concern with e-discovery, legal holds, and private channels

It is stated that "When a private channel is deleted in Microsoft Teams, all of its assets–including the SharePoint site collection–are deleted as well." That won't work for e-discovery and legal holds. There needs to be a way of keeping a record of all activity and files, whether public or private team or channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Shifts easier to find and see

Allow shifts to be pinned or added as a channel to a team! Its should be easier to see the shifts module.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to mark something as 'To-do' or 'Action' in Teams

I need the ability to mark an item in Teams as a 'To-do' or 'Action' and have that be a separate list from 'Saved'. Action vs. Saved serve a different purpose. I would like to be able to access my To-Do list from the left rail menu.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The setting for the voicemail greeting

Allow the voicemail greeting to use recorded audio files such as MP3.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Track viewers of individual Documents

For better document management, it would be great to track readership of individual documents (PDFs etc) so that accountability can be tracked back to reading an updated document.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team switching

I am on different teams and changing them is very tiring, slack makes this very it could be great if teams made team switching more convenie

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. wikki search

WIKI pages need to be Searchable. They are useless without it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base