Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We would like to have a conversation with regular skype users.

We would like to have a conversation with regular skype users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Look for a way to move chats to and from channels.

We currently have a statewide practice network that use teams to discuss issues and provide feedback. I would like to have a way to move discussions to and from channels, so they can more easily locate team discussions that we would like the network to prioritize and talk about. It can be hard to pinpoint particular discussions when there are many out there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Limit Visibility to Team by Department or Affiliation

I would like to be able to limit visibility of groups by department or affiliation rather than just public or private. I should be able to make a group visible to a subset of users at my university by staff / faculty / student or department (e.g IS, Business School, Provosts office, etc.). Ideally it would be able to allow or disallow visibility to join the group based on data available in our user directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Join or leave the team easily with using GUI

Currently, we are using Intune to manage team members, but it would be great if we can use GUI in Teams to easily join or leave the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BrainStorming tool from MS as a standard app in MS-Teams (similar to Xmind, or MindJet)

Dear MS,

Nowadays a lots of developer teams uses XMIND/MINDJET (or Similar) for brainstorming, re-engineering something, that is why I'm inquiry
    whether You are plan to introduce the XMIND support (or similar native built in, new app from MS) into MS Teams application ?
    XMIND / MINDJET, or similar program would be very welcome if natively integrate into MS Teams - Applications same way as a Word/Excel/Planner in MS-Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Control of "Get Link to Team"

Change "Get Link to Team" to be hidden for each team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable camera to share picture with a Team (currently only to a Chat)

Currently the camera of an Android mobile can share a picture with a Chat, but not with a Team.

Notably from a Team you can currently get a picture from the camera, thus circumventing the limitation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. bring back the edit and delete messages

Please bring back the Edit and Delete functionality to edit and delete messages that you've written.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The size of the Teams Ap on my computer is too large, make it skinnier and please help to erase the conversations if needed...

The size of the Teams Ap takes up too much of my screen, make it so we can make it smaller.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A pastoral tutor should be able to view assignments for children under their charge (without being signed up to potentially 100s of groups)

In a pastoral role (e.g. year head, a tutor... whoever), I should be able to see what tasks are set for one of my charges. A work around is to be added as a second teacher to all of their classes - but that could be quite overwhelming. It’d be nicer to be able to say “show me bob smith’s assignments”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharepoint Activity

Activity done in SharePoint should show on the activity/conversation tab within Teams.

For example, I move a subfolder/file to a new folder in SharePoint then the activity/conversation in Teams Shows that John Doe moved or created a folder/file. That way other team members are aware and know where to find files that they may have been working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Surface public teams I'm not a member of in message search

Currently, the top search bar only searches messages within teams I'm a member of. In a competing messaging client, I will often search for a problem I'm encountering to find whether someone on another team has run into it. Teams should do this as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I travel a lot and not always have Internet access; give me off-line access to Teams

I travel a lot and not always have Internet access; give me off-line access to Teams so I can review tasks, catch up with what my team has done, give new directions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No "thank you" sticker

Why is there no "thank you" sticker?!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to retrieve access logs in the specific team or channel

I would like you to implement a feature that could retrieve access logs in teams or channels instead of sign-in logs in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Call option in Taskbar

When you right click Teams on the task bar you have the option for a new chat. Please add the option for a new phone call.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for Changing the Default Start from Activity Tab to Chat Tab for TEAMS Mobile app

Our organizion is planning to move from Skype for Business to TEAMS for our internal Chat. Hence it would be better and faster for the users if the default opening tab for the Teams app at east in the mobile could be changed from Activity Tab to the Chat Tab or even better the user gets the option to set his preference to which tab he wants the app to open

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding custom text to chats in Microsoft Teams

For SfB, we have the option of adding custom chat text to IM's using the cmdlet below (and example attached):

New-CsClientPolicy -Identity IMSecurityNotice -IMWarning
    "Remember, security is everyone's responsibility. Keep it confidential."

Can we have the ability to apply the same custom text to MS Teams Chats

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base