Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Size of the post in Teams Channel covering the screen section. No collapse option !!!?

In most of posts (in channels) there is option to collapse the flow of replies, etc. BUT when the original post size alone is huge (just met a 7 cm, cca 3 inch) it is almost covering the entire section of screen, and I have no option to collapse it!!!
    I want to minimize it to a one single row title kind of look, despite my colleague added a huge tile of “FORMS“ , long link, text, etc.
    I suggest to introduce new settings possibilities, how to display all the posts inside a channel (or as a main setting), to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Devide guest list in accepted and pending

As I often invite a lot of guests (>25) I'd love to have a option to group the guests by category "accepted" and "not accepted". This would help a lot to keep a eye on those who need a reminder.
    In addition it would be great to resend the inivtion to whose who havend accepted yet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow channel level permission levels

allow channel level permission levels, so i dont have to create leadership teams separate from my project teams in order to share sensitive data like company financials, etc

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Even users who use "21 Vianet" should be able to invite them as guests

t is strange that there is a difference in the behavior of each user due to "21 Vianet".
    Be sure to invite as "Guest" even if restricted by "21 Vianet".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eliminar chats

Deben permitir que se eliminen los chat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to select specific person to receive chat notification/banner

It is better to have the option to receive chat notification for the specific person/chat that allowed.

Currently, when turn off banner for chat. It will turn off banner for all chat.
    Please add the function for allow to show the banner for specific person/chat.

For example: I want to turn off chat banner for all. But except person A. I still can receive chat banner just only from A.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hide users presence in TEAMS for all employees

In our organization, we need to hide users presence in TEAMS for all employees as standard. At the moment this Feature is not supported.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to click on a student and see all of their work - like a portfolio.

I would like to click on a student in my class and see a listing of all their assignments, grades, and comments. This would be great for report time as well as for parent teacher. Currently I have to click on each assignment to see if a student has completed them. Thanks,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Hampshire Phone Number in Teams or Skype for Business is not listed.

When I tried to add the phone number to a user in Teams or Skype for Business, New Hampshire state is not listed there. We would like to have New Hampshire with 603 area code added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When minimised the Teams logo in Taskbar is showing my status instead of status of person whom I am chatting with. That is so stupid.

When minimised the Teams logo in Taskbar is showing my status instead of status of person whom I am chatting with. That is so stupid.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Contact Name and / or description

Please allow us to edit the saved (external) contact name / add a description.

Reason: We use our Teams for mainly external chats to suppliers and distributors, and it would be nice if we could add the persons name and job description since we have multiple contacts for each company.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. rubric option for students grading themself

It would be better if the students can also grade themself with the rubric option so that the teacher can compare his rubric with the one from the student. Hope this would be possible soon.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link Group Chats to Team Channels

Link Chats to Teams.

One click, back to the chat's related channel. Please no more of this Teams/Chat bureaucracy.

"Was that in a chat?" "Channel?" "Team?" "The microwave?"

Who knows really. Let's just create a new one!!!! Yay!

That's it. Super simple. So tired of digging for things. Fix it. Please. I can't go another week feeling this beaten down by Friday. Peace.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow categorization of replies in Teams conversations

Allow marking a reply in Teams Chat conversations as either:
    Best Response, Mark as Resolved or Featured conversation.

This was previously available in Communities site template.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search in different Teams

It would be nice to search for any term or word across different Teams. In this moment is a very limited feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Implement a standard UI as per Outlook for selecting the display order of conversations

The non-standard way of placing the newest conversation at the bottom is clunky at best and an annoying time waster at worst. Please Microsoft adopt a standard UI as per the Outlook client. At least we will be able to maintain a standard sort order (typically newest at the top!). Thank You

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move Teams data residency

I wish to move data location for MS Teams from APAC to Australia

I have read these pages:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/location-of-data-in-teams
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/data-move-faq https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/request-your-data-move
    But am unable to submit a request to move data for MS Teams

According to this announcement - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-Launches-Australia-and-Japan-Data-Residency/ba-p/237827

Soon, Microsoft will provide a migration feature to enable data migration for these existing Teams customers. This migration capability is expected sometime in CY19 and a customer may then plug into the Move program available to all Office 365 customers, the details of which can be found here" -
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Office365/Enterprise/moving-data-to-new-datacenter-geos?redirectedfrom=MSDN

I don't need to move the entire datacentre geo, only…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to export in other file formats

When exporting logs from content search, it is useful to be able to select the file format.
    Currently, only pst files can be exported.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Toll free dial-out number in a Teams meeting is added as a unknown user

When a user joins a meeting and the user has been assigned a toll free number, he selects join with phone audio but teams will say “a unknow user has join

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base