Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. teams

You should be able to delete a student resource when creating assignments. As of right now, whatever you put in as a student resource is stuck there, and if you make a simple mistake like uploading the wrong file, you have to create the assignment all over again from scratch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. teams

Assignments which have been created for example in March of 2018 should be able to be edited and assigned for a due date of March of 2019 with the option to assign to multiple classes.

As of now, you can only assign an assignment to multiple classes if you create the assignment from scratch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams Chat Feature

My team and I have been using Teams for our meeting notes, files, conversations, etc. However, when we have to go check a chat notification, we have to leave the page we were currently on. Is there any way to get the Chat feature to appear as a sidebar so we don't have to leave our notebooks while working - like it appears in other Office 365 products while collaborating?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Avatar for Teams needs to be different from Office365 account

Needs to be able to set separate Avatar for Teams different from Office365 account

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. increase favorite chats or allow persistent chat settings

Either allow increase of favorite chats above 15 or allow to make chats persistent. I am seeing chats disappear from search after a certain amount of time. Some chats i would like to keep open or at least searchable for a longer period. I see favorite chats are persistent but limited to 15 favorites.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding a slideshow possibility in a teams window.

When multiple files in jpg ot png are in files. It could be useful to watch them as a slideshow and not being obliged to open/close every file.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Integration between mobile app and desktop is poor. Integration between teams and Planner is poor. No drag and drop of tasks to other areas

• Integration between mobile app and desktop is poor.

• Integration between teams and Planner is poor

• No drag and drop functionality of tasks to other areas possible

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Report mensagens IM

O resultado do report de mensagens do IM é muito cru, tanto o pst como o gerado em tela, ele não mostra individualmente as conversas, deveria mostrar exatamente como é no aplicativo do teams, da maneira que é hoje se entregar isso para um gestor avaliar fica muito difícil para entender o diálogo dos usuários que foram solicitados rastreamento.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send message to (other)Private Team I am not Part of

Either it could be a Public Conversation Tab in Private Team -- OR -- a Public Channel -- OR -- ability to post message in currently available "General" channel, notifying Private Team members, that they are contacted by others.

This is very useful in Hospital Facilities with multiple Departments. Each department can be a "Team" and they can be searched and notified about something by other departments.

For user sending the message, it could be a bot, app on the left nav etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding multiple bookmark of channels at a time

I have to add a bookmark for each channel one by one. I'd like to set multiple bookmark at a time. It'd be helpful when I have many channels in a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New User Gets Error Message in Team Chat Office 365

I'm a new user for Office 365, in Microsoft Teams > Chat

When I send a new chat to a co-worker, it says in red letters,

"We ran into a problem sending this message. Try again later."

It also says under the name of the person, "This person is currently using Skype for Business. Some Microsoft Teams features won't be available."

Some of my co-workers that send me a chat get the same message on their machine.

How do I turn off "Skype for Business"? What bad things will happen when I turn off "Skype for Business"?

Thank you,

Dan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. rubrics

Import own rubric from excel file and export existing rubric to excel, pdf or picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. classteams feedback from student

Feedback student op feedback van docent.
    Binnen de opdracht op classteam kun je als docent wel feedback geven, maar als student kun je daar niet op reageren. Graag deze mogelijkheid toevoegen. (bij google classroom kan dat wel!!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 最新の会話が一番上にくる表示が欲しい

会話の履歴をおうには、下の方向に読むことになるので、不便。一番新しいものが一番上に表示されるようなModeがほしいです。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Team organization

I would like to be able to organize all of my companies teams on the landing page in multiple ways...Alphabetical, chronological, drag and drop, etc.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Files are not opened by the Ms-office app

Dear Microsoft
    I am sending email regarding to file open trouble of Ms-office files.
    Until the end of December 2018, Ms-office file was opened in Teams, and the files were opened by the Ms-office app.
    But after 2019, when I uploaded to Ms-office file to the teams team channel, files are opened with the Teams viewer but not opened by the Ms-office app.
    I use iPad.
    Please let me know if you have any plans to improve above situation in the future.

Best regards,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. channel emails

My Options to get channel email address has dissapeared, the email integration is set to on at the tenant level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. STOP TEAMS FROM OPENING ON COMPUTER LOGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a way to stop Teams 2016 from opening every time I log into my Windows 10 computer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base