Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Admins to Set Notifications for Groups and Channels

Currently, it up to users to turn on notifications for new posts in channels. This should be up to the admin/channel owners as these are sometimes used for business operation notifications and we can't rely on every user to actually turn on notifications for a channel. In fact, there is far too much left up to the user that a Teams Admin should have the ability to setup as an organizational policy.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Live Polls in Channel Meetings

Currently, live polls are not available for Teams meetings held within a channel. Many of our Teams meetings take place within channels, so this is a barrier for those that wish to use the live polling feature.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide or Delete Existing Teams Templates

Is there plans to allow the ability to hide or delete Teams templates?

There are templates that don't apply to some organizations, such as "Collaborate within a Bank Branch", "Collaborate on Patient Care", "Hospital", "Organize a Store", etc.

The amount of options for Teams templates now adds to a wealth of confusion to users when they go to create a team.

Currently when you highlight any Template in the Teams Admin Center the only options are to edit or Duplicate.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meeting notes should allow full OneNote capability

Full OneNote capability should be available in Meeting Notes. For example you cannot use flags in Meeting Notes but flags are available and commonly used in OneNote. Another example is basic cut/copy/paste functionality is different between OneNote and Meeting Notes.

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Executive Assistant

Full Delegation for Executive Assistants and Personal Assistants.

Executive assistants need the ability to provide support to C Suite execs within teams

• Create meetings within the Teams application

• Create meetings for all members of a specific team, I need to be able to quickly, click on a team and schedule a meeting for all members, without having to work out who is in that team and add them one by one to a calendar invite!

• View team chats, files, wikki etc via the Teams application for the Exec

• To see what tasks have been assigned to my Executive

I do…

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable auto away status

The option to disable the automatically away icon.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. in breakout rooms having access to a call queue ticket

As a teacher, I put the students in various breakout rooms (I can have 15 breakout rooms/class). When students need help or want to share their ideas with me, they call me, however if Im in a current meeting room my options are to hang up on them, accept the call or chat (which takes away my from my time). If they want me in their rooms they keep calling me, or leave the class...which is very frustrating for both parties!!!!

It would be a great idea in breakout rooms to incorporate a 'queue ticket' with 1 click... so they…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize default sort order of folders in Teams

Folders in Teams are sorted by default on last modified date. There is no option to set a different default sort order like an alphabetic sort order.

Please add options that allows the user to set his/her own default sort order in order to sort folder names in Teams.

877 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Test or Assessment Proctor Meeting Version - Proctor can mute/unmute testers

Education partners have an urgent need for an affordable proctoring tool that they can mute/unmute participants during an a secure assessment to minimize the noise generated by several participants during testing. This special Proctored Assessment Meeting would have a warning that the organizer can mute/unmute any participants microphone, letting participants know that privacy is different in Proctored Meetings.

LockDown browsers will not close web-based video conference applications like Microsoft Teams - web or Google Meets when opened. To proctor a test with several students, this MSTeams-web version needs to be available for testers to begin a proctored meeting prior to…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. save manually assigned breakout rooms on teams

I would love to save my manually assigned breakout rooms. My students are in the same breakout room every class, so this would save a ton of time!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Record all Rooms in Breakout Rooms at once

I would like to record all rooms in the breakout rooms at once instead of having to go to each room to start the recording. This can be amazing for interpersonal speaking assignments, and this way can cut time spent jumping in and out from room to room to press start recording. Maybe this can be under "Send an Announcement"

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically pop out a chat when Teams is minimized

The new pop-out feature for Teams should be optimized to automatically pop out any incoming chat when Teams is minimized, in the background, or when the user is not in the chat module. Additionally, any subsequent incoming chats should be side-tabbed within the original pop-out.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Raise Hand: order in which hands have been raised

In a larger meeting it is sometimes difficult for the "moderator" to keep track who wants to say something. Wouldn't if be good to associate every raised hand with a number that keeps track of who raised their hand first?

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable meetings and live events to stream directly to outside rtmp(s)

So add a option to OUTPUT the meeting or live event to a outside RTMP(S) URL to cast a meeting directly into a outside platform.

This way use a meeting/live event but doing real time playback on any other platform.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Nested Teams and sub channels (Re-opened)

1541 have already voted for this, but Microsoft have disabled the option for addition votes. (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16954120-nested-teams-and-subchannels)

Sub channels or grouping of channels, createdand managed by the team owner.

Could it be possible to create teams within teams. For example, we have a Development Team at our company which consists of two sub-teams, tech support team and project team.

I’d love to be able to have a “home” top-level channel for my project team, and then have sub-channels for each project that we are working on.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Organizer to present to ALL Breakout Rooms simaltaneously

As soon as Breakout Rooms are started, the host can only send simple text chats to each group.

It would be very useful to let the Presenter continue to share their presentation, whilst still using breakout rooms.

A simple example being a quiz-like situation; the students are broken into teams (breakout rooms), but the presenter is running through a live powerpoint of questions.

Each Breakout room can see and hear the main presentation, but can still talk amongst themselves.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Students view all assignments at once

Add the ability for students to view all of their assignments at once across all of their class teams.

Currently students can only view assignments 1 class team at a time.

Please add the ability for them to see all of their assignments at once, the assignments tab on the left currently is a perfect home for this, and if i remember correctly used to display all assignments for the user, however it now gives the exact same interface as navigating to the individual team and clicking on the assignments tab at the top.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a hide non-video participants button

When you left click on a non-video participant, you should be able to select to hide all non-video participants. This will also help you with how you can not view very many people at once

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base