Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Status back to GREEN when a call ends.

When a call ends, have the status change from RED in a call back to GREEN showing person is AVAILABLE! :-)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need Group admin access

Need Group admin access. Admin only can manage a group like make another person as a group admin, add and remove peoples

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Want to record live events at my own timing

I want to record live events at my own timing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Joining to a public team

Restrict a specific user from joining to a public team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Registering an owner/member when creating a team

Implement a feature that can register a specific user as an owner/member at the same time when creating a team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams is not a replacement for Skype for Business

Teams is not a replacement for Skype for business. The forced switch has had a negative impact on my company. Horrible experience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deleting stuff in Teams

Please improve the ability to delete stuff in Teams. If one has permission, they should be able to delete stuff easily including mass deletes within a channel, not necessarily the whole channel. Similarly, for chats. Junk should not be kept forever.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Embed channel in a sharepoint page through a webpart or Embed Code

We can pin a sharepoint as a tab, which is great. But when we are in the SharePoint UI, it seems there are no way to surface current conversations occuring in a specific channel of the team.

The suggestion is in conclusion to have like a "Microsoft Team webpart" for SharePoint, or a way to embed a channel in a sharepoint page

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. content search stopped showing channel name

Content search in office365 portal and powershell used to include the channel name in the subject of the msg file.

this is no longer available and it is impossible to know to which channel a specific conversation belongs to.

it's impossible to review teams data from compliance perspective.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow users to remove it. i hate it. i work on my own no team

remove teams i work and live on my own. it is depressing having theis oopen all day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use Automatically show this channel in everyone's channel list

I would like to make the following check boxes of [Add channel] available to members.
    Automatically show this channel in everyone's channel list

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Devide guest list in accepted and pending

As I often invite a lot of guests (>25) I'd love to have a option to group the guests by category "accepted" and "not accepted". This would help a lot to keep a eye on those who need a reminder.
    In addition it would be great to resend the inivtion to whose who havend accepted yet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Even users who use "21 Vianet" should be able to invite them as guests

t is strange that there is a difference in the behavior of each user due to "21 Vianet".
    Be sure to invite as "Guest" even if restricted by "21 Vianet".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Assign ToDo(s) Directly from Chat or Group Chat

Need the ability to assign a ToDo (or work) from a Teams Group Chat or Chat. Then, those tasks can integrate with Planner or where Microsoft plans to display all tasks for a specific Team member.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to click on a student and see all of their work - like a portfolio.

I would like to click on a student in my class and see a listing of all their assignments, grades, and comments. This would be great for report time as well as for parent teacher. Currently I have to click on each assignment to see if a student has completed them. Thanks,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Hampshire Phone Number in Teams or Skype for Business is not listed.

When I tried to add the phone number to a user in Teams or Skype for Business, New Hampshire state is not listed there. We would like to have New Hampshire with 603 area code added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Replace Desktop app "Start new conversation entry box" under channel with "New conversaton" button like iOS

People too easy ACCIDENTIALLY create new conversation under channel. Replace the entry box as a button like (mobile app) will help user to "Reply" desired conversation and keep content together.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MS Teams/Channel conversation newest first

In MS Teams/Channel conversation the listing order should be newest first to ensure everyone meets the latest piece of info upon opening.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams Needs a Dedicated Admin Notifications Channel

Notifications about administrator actions can quickly create a mess in the General channel. All admin notifications should be directed to an Admin Notifications channel by default instead of the General channel where mostly non-admin team members tend to congregate.

Although we may be able to create a channel structure like this on an ad-hoc basis, Teams should come with an Admin Notifications channel out of the box. Admins should also be able to hide/restrict access to this channel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base