Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a status for chat threads

In the "Teams" channels, we have a group of 4 main people. We often get multiple conversations going at the same time. One person habitually doesn't respond, and I forget I had an outstanding question until the bug comes back to *******. It would be helpful if individual chat threads within channels had a status, with a simple list of options like: "Open" and "Closed". Maybe another one like "Waiting on response from @personname". Then to build on that, it would be helpful to better arrange all the open conversation topics, kind of like a project management system, which Teams…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Teams-Features

What is about this features?

A good feature would be to aministrate rolls within channels behind the groups !

And connect or attach messages at the answer if they are pertinent to anouther aswer
    -> Start a Conversation
    -> get answer 1 to the conversation
    -> get answer 2 to the conversation (but in a new conversation) -> attach to answer 1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit Teams in the app

We need the ability, as a Team ‘Owner’ to edit all content within the mobile apps. Currently you can only edit the channel names. It would be great if you could edit tabs, files etc. too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: xxxx@amer.teams.ms Could not create the email message on Microsoft Teams: th

Emails suddenly started failing for one of my channels. I had to recreate the channel and get a new address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a SharePoint Team Site to be viewed on the MS Teams Desktop Application

We have created a Team Site on share point and would like users from our organization to be able to view the team site from the Microsoft Teams application on the desktop. This would allow our users to use the Team Site without having to log on via a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow hypertext links in Subject Line

I would like to be able to add a link to a Subject line in a conversation. When I try now it keeps just adding the link to the body of the conversation. Thx,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deselecting file by clicking on background

It would be great if in the "Files" tab in Teams client (Windows app), clicking on the background would deselect the active file.
    You need to have no file selected to use the "New Object' button. This would help a lot and be intuitive.
    Currently you need to reload the page to do that. I'm not sure if that's a bug or just no one though to do it this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams pravte chat limited joint 19persons

Dear support,

Teams private chat cannot joint over 20person.
    Team private cannot kick out someone from group. If they are resign from company without leave this group.

Best regards,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to alias and reposition teams and channels

Allow users to alias, group and reposition multiple Teams (like outlook's inbox, favorites and groups)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Skapa egna team

Att man kan skapa egna team med sina klasskamrater så att man kan dela filer och anteckningar med varandra.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow more than 350 folders can be visible in Teams desktop application

more than 350 folders can be visible in Teams desktop application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Playback voicemails using default communication device

Right now, it plays back over the default speaker but when I have a headset in use, I want to hear it in my headset (default communication device). Voicemail playback should default to this device or allow me to choose the playback device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For some reason, I'm unable to create a team. When I click "Join or Create Team" there is no option to do so.

My company just did a migration of our email system, and even though it's worked out for the most part, for some reason, I'm unable to create my own teams. I've added a screen shot to show you what comes up. There is only the option to join an existing group or join a group with a code.

Thank you for your help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Teams backend Office 365 Group visible by default in Exchange Online and Outlook

Make Teams backend Office 365 Group is invisible by default in Exchange Online and Outlook.

You need to run the following commands against it to make them visible there:
    Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "TestTeam1" -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled:$false
    Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "TestTeam1" -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled:$false

Please make the change to let Teams backend groups be visible by default as they are needed mainly for calendar functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS Team Respons Time

MS Team tab swith over responce is not fast for example MS Notes.
    Every time we swith tabs - it fetched data.

Can it be done differently ? Local data catch >> then auto sync etc.

;-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow user to join without client audio conferencing pstn

When joining a meeting via the phone as the meeting organizer, you can only admit people to the call/meeting/room via the Teams App versus on the phone. It can be very limiting, especially when traveling. If this is fixed, please let me know what I need to do to educate myself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sir In Team app we are facing hanging issue with this app, like if we are using it continuously then its working fine . if after some time w

Sir In Team app we are facing hanging issue with this app, like if we are using it continuously then its working fine . if after some time we will open and want do something then it will take around 1-2 min to take proper position to work due to this our

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why cant i create a team?????

Issue: I cannot create any teams???!!!!!! what should i do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams app needs a better notification when it goes offline.

Dan,

I disconnected my computer for the weekend (which is unusual) by disconnecting VPN and closing the lid.

When I reconnected this morning, it wasn’t surprising that the Teams app was showing the ‘refresh’ screen below.

In this case (probably due to the extended disconnect time), hitting refresh would not address the app issues. It returned to the refresh screen after ‘grinding’ for a minute or so. Quitting and restarting the application addressed it. I will provide the same feedback via the feedback link in the Teams app.

Thanks,

Jim

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base