Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When adding a user to a private chat, the user who participated so far can check

If you add another user to a one-to-one chat (private chat), a new chat is started and the added user cannot see the history.

In group chat, you can choose whether to share the history, so when you try to add a user to a private chat, I want to add a function to whether to share the past history.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prezados, poderiam criar a opção de referênciar uma mesagem, digo responder diretamente um comentário assim como acontece nas msg dos grupos

Prezados, poderiam criar a opção de referenciar uma mensagem, digo responder diretamente um comentário assim como acontece nas mensagens dos grupos, levando essa opção para o chat.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen sharing for Android devices.

Would like to see screen sharing on Android devices. I understand this feature was implemented last year for iOS.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. we added a people to chat and at the end i want the random chat head in to a particular group

we have added people and have conversation , and i end i want to convert that chat head in to teams group

so if there was a option for that would be great

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pop-up message describing probable error occurring

While downloading a PowerPoint file in Microsoft team,noticed that it was not downloading it due to the special character present in the naming convention of the file name.It was having an apostrophe in it.Once I removed the apostrophe ,the file was able to get downloaded.My question is, Do we have any way that teams can prompt a message for the possible error due to which the file is unable to get downloaded?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable notifications when creating a group on Teams

When a group is created on teams, notifications are not enabled by default and therefore each member of the group must enable them.

Make sure, Microsoft, that when the group is created the notifications are already active for every single component of the group created.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On an iPad, Why oh Why is there no simple LOGOFF button inside of teams? for multi user classroom iPad use?

On an iPad, Why oh Why is there no simple LOGOFF button inside of teams? for multi user classroom iPad use?

If I as admin login, and swipe away the app, the next person to use TEAMS sees everything that is mine. PLEASE FIX THIS ON ALL VERSIONS of the app, we have older iPads (ios9) and its a game changer. Or a non starter for us as a school.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Authentication at startup

When starting a team, the function to set "User ID" and "Password" every time is required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1. Allow end user to to control "Bridge entry and exit notifications" and 2. invitees can be the first to the meeting

Suggestion for Teams Audio Bridges -
    1. Allow end user to to control "Bridge entry and exit notifications" and
    2. Allow end user to change invitees can be the first to the meeting - so they don't need to login first before others do.
    Thank you.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. True Collaboration externally

Remove the Changing Orgs in the Top right, and Rather move the external Org's you have been added to into the Teams channel as its extremely frustrating when working with different Orgs on projects I have to keep swapping Orgs cutting out all communication from the last one I was logged into

Please see Attached Picture. This is extremely annoying if you work with multiple different orgs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give the Owners of a Private team the option to give Members the ability to add Members without making them Owners.

Currently only Owners can add Members to a Private team. When there are many channels, members seem to increase and Owners are constantly adding new Members suggested by current Members. It would be nice if the Owners had the option under Manage team to give the ability to Members to add Members. This way the Owners don't have to do all the Member maintenance. The team would still be private since no one could join without a Member adding them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams doesn't want to upload files from my MAM-applying account

・Upload MAM-applied files from MAM that isn't applied to OneDrive
    →I can't.
    ・Upload MAM-applied account files from your team
    →I can.

To do this, fix that the team cannot upload files for the MAM-applying account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please please please allow us to have multiple windows open. We still use whatsap, Skype and Skype for business ( a really bad product)

Ok I just posted a long post that went nowhere. You are not serious about feedback. Teams is a good shared drive. Bit anything related to TEAMS. IT SUCKS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Leaving a team set up by somebody else when youre last member.

A colleagues of mine set up a test team a while back and now all other team members including the team owner have left that team. i am unable to leave the group as i'm the last remaining member. I cant deleete the grop because i'm not the owner.

Help...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Standalone teams license

We have a team and are using commercial teams trial license... when will this be available for purchase?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All Teams visible when attaching Files from Outlook

When I want to attach a file in Outlook from one of my Microsoft Teams, there's no way of browsing the list of Teams or SharePoint Sites you have access to. Please see attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control the image pasting function

The function that pastes an image in the message posting field (not uploading to SharePoint Online) is a function that is not necessarily required, so it needs a function that can be controlled for each tenant, team, or user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. would like a way to post a link to a directory that's easy to find again

I can add a tab to a sharepoint site but I'd also like some way to put just a hyperlink under the tab or as a tab. I guess I could use Word, but that seems cumbersome. I want to share a link that doesn't get lost or collapsed in a thread where it then is hard to find again. Perhaps have a way to keep a special post showing and uncollapsed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base