Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If you are not owner of a team, you should'nt be able to see the "Create a channel" tab

You can still see the "Create a channel" tab even if you are not the owner of the team.
    And as I know, you can't create a channel if you are not the owner. So, this is quite disturbing.
    Plus, the error message is not very clear. It only says "An error occurred while creating the channel" but doesn't tell us which problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add grab handle icon on mouse over of top bar of attendees box instead of same arrow as the rest

When presenting and you mouse over the box of other attendee in Teams, the finger pointer icon appears as you move over their contact details, but you cannot grab and move the box out of the presentation window when this icon shows.
    When you move to the top bar a standard pointer appears, but the same pointer remains across the rest of the desktop, so it isn't obvious this is how you grab and move the box.
    I propose that you add the animated grab icon (standard) to appear when the user mouses over the top bar of the attendee…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Larger Chat Function

Hi. I saw that you all are working on creating larger chat options for more than 20 people. Is there an estimated timeline?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. planner tab broke 8-27-2018

We have a tab in our team's channels to Planner. This has worked up until this morning at this point the tab no longer loads. If we remove and readd the tab (within the teams app) it doesn't load up the choices to pick the planner (see screenshot). The tab works fine in the team's web gui. Just the app is broke this morning.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Connectivity issues

Since this morning both desktop application and web application coukd not connect at all. It continuesly says try again later, refresh or sign out.
    Only on Anroid and IOS is working.
    Anyone else has same issue?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. channel converastion

Channel content will be updated when someone reply the trend.
    Can we adjust this feature a bit? It really makes confusion for users. Don't know which message is the latest.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep people in the loop with Loops

Since we have been using Teams in our organisation (100+ people) since release we have grown into needing some form of group based chat that isn't via channels. The group Chats work ok but have limitations (newly invited users can't see history) and are missing features (Can't remove other users from a group chat).

Space here for Loops!

User created, administrated and deleted
    Potential to integrate with the lifecycle of the workitem
    Loops will be it's own custom channel made on the fly.
    Will will be administrated by a user or org administrators
    Will be able to have intergrations/automations
    History…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email Icon and accessibility

Add the Email icon (just like you have for calendar) on the left bar. Instant access to email, this way i can stay in teams all day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SharePoint tab renders blank screen for SharePoint Online vanity domains

Users get a blank screen when attempting to add a SharePoint page tab from the SharePoint online vanity domains. This is a much needed feature unavailable at present and there isn't any workaround available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi guys... I would like to help..

When I type several messages into a TEAMS window they appear above the text box as distinct messages... but the skype method of grouping them together gives a much smoother user experience and critically... if I select and right click on a previously typed message I get option 'quote message' .. highly useful in a busy chat session. I can also select a previous message and forward to anyone... also very useful.

overall you need to compact the message thread.... its too gappy. .. remove the reply button.. why is it not inside the three dots on right side??? this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Forced auto-hiding of chat pane in new update is terrible

The new update I just received to the Windows Teams thick client app is incredibly annoying. The Chat pane on the left auto-hides now, and I can't find an option to disable that. I am constantly flipping between multiple conversations, and now I have to mouse over it, select it, and I can't even read the left side of the conversation I just selected until it hides itself a second or two later.

HORRIBLE change - I don't know what the Teams devs were thinking, do they even consider common use cases that they themselves may not utilize?....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. edit documents automatically in office365 instead of needing to click edit from view mode.

The teams editor is slow to open. PDFs are for viewing, docs are for editting. If I can change the default action of a .doc to launch in 365 this would save me a lot of time! Now each time I need to click the arrow next to edit, then select office365. Then need to dismiss the popup in Teams again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Most Recent Posts at the Bottom?

I cannot think of a single application that does this. Overall it is a terrible design. People read from top to bottom and left to right and that comes natural to people. Reversing this makes the application seem clunky and awkward. Its hard to get buy in from my team because of this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to reorganize threads.

Usually we start conversation on a thread, but during conversation in progress, it will involve more than 1 issue. when that happen, I would like to separate thread and move some written message to new thread. but it is not possible at current version of Teams. ( of course, text can be copy& paste. but it don't have entire info e.g. writer's name & icon ) . so if possible please add move message function in ... of each thread.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve the UX

It isnt clear how it works. When coming from skyoe or hangout, you are not familiar with this kind of social app. Therefore, sending and receiving chat is not natural... subscribing to a grouo is not yet intuitive...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simpler design

I feel like the current layout of the app is a bit confusing. I'd love to use the app if it was easier to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Call quality is good but screen sharing option is very delayed

Call quality is good but screen sharing option is very delayed.
    when we click on screen sharing it takes long to appear. Please work on this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allowing office online apps to open attachments in Class Notebook

We are using Class Notebook within the Teams application and we are planning on rolling this out to our school. I think the frustrating thing is that you cannot attach a PowerPoint file into a page within Class Notebook and open it with PowerPoint online. You must open the document first with OneNote to be able to open it with PowerPoint, in which both programs are installed locally on the computer. It poses a problem should a student not have OneNote installed at home. If we upload PowerPoint/Word documents into the ‘FILES’ section of Teams, then this feature works and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Requested Changes/Updates

1. Ability to drag tabs from one channel to another
    2. Ability to rename "General" to whatever I want
    3. tagging posts w key words
    4. Ability to conference into Teams calls remotely via cell

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A. I'd really love it if the "Suggested" area weren't just collapsible but removable. It has people in there I haven't contacted for months.

Get rid of "Suggested." It's worthless.
    And WHY is there no way to call into a Teams meeting??? Stupid. We're looking at Cisco Teams because of that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.