Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. guest sharing -allow files and folder sharing only and not sites sharing

Business asking can we restrict on Spo sites coming from Teams file and folder sharing only.at the moment you can add existing guests from Azure AD to visitor group and site share used, what should be restricted to file and folder token share only

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to update/change email addresses on individual channels.

Currently, there is no method to add/update a channels email address accordingly. If i wanted to provide 3 different email addresses to 3 different vendors to receive alerts, i'd like to add them either to the same channel, or assign an email address to each channel (just like how a mailbox functions, you can have many smtp addresses)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow us to sort posted messages by date in Microsoft Teams “Team” tab

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チームの会話タブのメッセージの表示順について
    Allow us to sort posted messages by date in Microsoft Teams “Team” tab

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の "チーム" タブの会話に投稿したメッセージの表示順を日付で並び替えできる機能の提供を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to sort posted messages by date in Microsoft Teams “Team” tab.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to change Organization / Company Name in Free Teams Version

It would be nice to be able to correct Organization Name in the free teams version. The form either did not make it clear how important the "Company Name" field was (or I missed it.) Either way I would like to make my Organization Name more clear so that it is easier to recognize when I invite others.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am not getting teams Notification to my Xiaomi Mobile. Please fix it.

I am not getting teams Notification to my Xiaomi Povo F1 Mobile. Please fix it.
    It's hampering my work life very badly.

Please fix it asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include options to connect mailbox in Teams and reply from the same.

Include options to connect mailbox in Teams and reply from the same.
    This is the only functionality thats missing from Teams. It would help in handling group mailboxes using teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Minimize Teams app Window when team opened

Minimize Teams app window when team selected Takes up so much of the screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Always available or hidden

I would love it if there was the option to stay always available or to have the option to be incognito!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen Share

When a team member is sharing their screen and grants me control, the teams tool bar and on left hand side is constantly in the way. If you navigate to the left hand side of the screen, the tool bar pops out and covers up items on the users screen. There needs to be a way to turn off auto hide or to snap it in place.

For example, have someone share their screen with you and grant you control. Once you have control, try to click on that users Window (start) button on the left hand side. The teams…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rename General channel

Make it so we can change the name of the General Channel.

3,704 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

455 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have Private Tasks that only an individual can see and not the entire team.

Create Tasks that you can make private for yourself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add attachments that are put on a teams post into a folder called attachments. or be able to manage the folder that they automatically go in

Add attachments that are put on a teams post into a folder called attachments. or be able to manage the folder that they automatically go into, currently house keeping is difficult but if they were all in a folder instead of the home folder then it would be cleaner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. webhook missing mesages in teams

Found part of messages dropped or missing, when messages received in bulk

incomplete messages published

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a Flow trigger when a Team is created

Because Teams are created by different people, at different times and for different reasons in a big organization it would be great to use Microsoft Flow to help monitor and manage the process. There is already a Flow to create a Team, what I am looking for is a Flow that is triggered whenever a Team is created in the tenant. I could then take an action (send an email, log into an SPO list, some other action).

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to add folders via IPAD/Iphone

Have the ability to add a folder and then subsequently add documents to that folder via IPAD or Iphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to Group Conversations by Day / Month / Year

1. Provide the ability to lookup the messages by date / Month / Year. Similar to what we see as Archive in Blog sites, so we can easily navigate to that one conversation in a date / month / year

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. share fotos easily in Teams / a channel

In a Project Team we need to share new product pictures with our colleagues. A great way would be to embed the MS Foto app with preview and full screen mode within TEAMS and / or a channel, instead of Opening one Picture / Foto after the other

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DLP Hide or redaction of data

After Blocking sensitive information. be able to redact the data or show only a portion of the sensitive data after the block

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search for users in a team by title or department

Until recently it was possible to search within a team's member list for titles or departments. That functionality was removed and support says that it's intentional. We would very much like it back.

We have several very large (>1000 user) teams in our organization with membership based on our internal structure. Being able to quickly find members in that group is important to our users both in day to day functionality (a new user trying to find a team lead, for instance) or in maintenance (the owners trying to remove users no longer with relevant titles).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base