Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Channel-Based Team Member Badges

Teams feels great like it's helping not just collaboration, but support across our organization. Would love the ability for a Team Owner to be able to assign Channel Roles to the different team members -- and edit/create these roles in a way that fits the org... ex. project ninja, rising star, absolute beginner. Would be great if these badges were readily identifiable within a user post and if these channel roles could be mentioned within posts as a group. Hope this makes some semblance of sense -- working fast today.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep track of outstanding conversation responses

I'd like a way to keep track of conversations I'm having in a channel. We are actively using conversations to monitor tasks not appropriate for Planner; items that come up in normal conversation. I'd love for a bot or something that can track unanswered conversation requests.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Better integrate meetings with rooms and OneNote

The meetings tab is really under utilized. Would love ability to start a room based on meeting, include link to one note notes, etc.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook view of Teams should be consistent with the Teams view

The Outlook view of Teams is a confusing mess, and makes sure that users put stuff in the wrong place and wonder where it went - that's for both conversations and files!

The view of Teams in Outlook should be consistent with the view from Teams.

It currently displays a Group 'files' tab that places files in the root of the 'Documents' library where they are then unable to be seen from any of the channels in the Teams view.

Put simply Teams should have their own view in Outlook, not the Groups view which is not compatible and causes…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. photos

I'd like to post an image into a Teams conversation and see the image as part of the conversation.

Right now I can only see a link to a photo, which can be clicked and viewed in a browser. It's too much "clicking" to view a simple photo.

Maybe there's a trick to make this work, but I haven't be able to find it.

Consider this improvement as conversations are enriched by visual elements. Thx

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. we should be able to create invites for the group within a chanel and not have to invite persons individually

we should be able to create invites for the group within a chanel and not have to invite persons individually

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic refresh of channel

When in a channel, the most current conversation and comment should be shown at the bottom of the screen. If I comment on an existing conversation that is slightly old (off screen) it does not update my own view to show that conversation as being the most current. When I change the channel and then go back into the previous channel it will have updated to put the most recent conversation at the bottom. A refresh feature would be ideal so that you would always see the most current content even if the most current comment was your own.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. browser share

Add Teams / Channels as an option for sharing button when using Microsoft Edge browser or/and after you have made a web note and save to Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. @mention without menu

I'd like to be able to @mention someone without having to tab-complete or pick their name from the popup menu. If I type @lastname, firstname and then just keep typing (or @firstname lastname or @firstlast or @userid or anything else), it just comes out as plain text without transforming into a link/mention.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you are not owner of a team, you should'nt be able to see the "Create a channel" tab

You can still see the "Create a channel" tab even if you are not the owner of the team.
    And as I know, you can't create a channel if you are not the owner. So, this is quite disturbing.
    Plus, the error message is not very clear. It only says "An error occurred while creating the channel" but doesn't tell us which problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add grab handle icon on mouse over of top bar of attendees box instead of same arrow as the rest

When presenting and you mouse over the box of other attendee in Teams, the finger pointer icon appears as you move over their contact details, but you cannot grab and move the box out of the presentation window when this icon shows.
    When you move to the top bar a standard pointer appears, but the same pointer remains across the rest of the desktop, so it isn't obvious this is how you grab and move the box.
    I propose that you add the animated grab icon (standard) to appear when the user mouses over the top bar of the attendee…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Larger Chat Function

Hi. I saw that you all are working on creating larger chat options for more than 20 people. Is there an estimated timeline?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. planner tab broke 8-27-2018

We have a tab in our team's channels to Planner. This has worked up until this morning at this point the tab no longer loads. If we remove and readd the tab (within the teams app) it doesn't load up the choices to pick the planner (see screenshot). The tab works fine in the team's web gui. Just the app is broke this morning.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Connectivity issues

Since this morning both desktop application and web application coukd not connect at all. It continuesly says try again later, refresh or sign out.
    Only on Anroid and IOS is working.
    Anyone else has same issue?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. channel converastion

Channel content will be updated when someone reply the trend.
    Can we adjust this feature a bit? It really makes confusion for users. Don't know which message is the latest.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep people in the loop with Loops

Since we have been using Teams in our organisation (100+ people) since release we have grown into needing some form of group based chat that isn't via channels. The group Chats work ok but have limitations (newly invited users can't see history) and are missing features (Can't remove other users from a group chat).

Space here for Loops!

User created, administrated and deleted
    Potential to integrate with the lifecycle of the workitem
    Loops will be it's own custom channel made on the fly.
    Will will be administrated by a user or org administrators
    Will be able to have intergrations/automations
    History…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Email Icon and accessibility

Add the Email icon (just like you have for calendar) on the left bar. Instant access to email, this way i can stay in teams all day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SharePoint tab renders blank screen for SharePoint Online vanity domains

Users get a blank screen when attempting to add a SharePoint page tab from the SharePoint online vanity domains. This is a much needed feature unavailable at present and there isn't any workaround available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi guys... I would like to help..

When I type several messages into a TEAMS window they appear above the text box as distinct messages... but the skype method of grouping them together gives a much smoother user experience and critically... if I select and right click on a previously typed message I get option 'quote message' .. highly useful in a busy chat session. I can also select a previous message and forward to anyone... also very useful.

overall you need to compact the message thread.... its too gappy. .. remove the reply button.. why is it not inside the three dots on right side??? this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Forced auto-hiding of chat pane in new update is terrible

The new update I just received to the Windows Teams thick client app is incredibly annoying. The Chat pane on the left auto-hides now, and I can't find an option to disable that. I am constantly flipping between multiple conversations, and now I have to mouse over it, select it, and I can't even read the left side of the conversation I just selected until it hides itself a second or two later.

HORRIBLE change - I don't know what the Teams devs were thinking, do they even consider common use cases that they themselves may not utilize?....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.