Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding reply to a perticular chat & search option with keyword

1. Adding reply option for a particular chat in the list of lines for EX: If one guy is asking more than two questions.. Replay should be individual. Same in groups when more than two people chating on different topics, Answering to a particular discussion is easy.

2. Search option using a keyword in the chat history. When required to search for a previous data shared by a person it will be easy.

3. Upload files is too slow

4. Download file can opt for a file location to be saved (Browse), instead of default downloads.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. チームのメンバーの登録や権限設定をグループ毎にできるようにしてほしい

チームのメンバーの登録や権限設定を一人ずつ行うのは手間がかかるため、グループ毎に設定できるよう機能改善していただきたいです。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Super accounts and reorganizing Teams

1) At our company, we are currently prohibited from enabling private channels because it would potentially prevent our Legal team from having access to things they might need access to. Is there no way to enable certain defined groups/accounts to have 'everything' access which supersedes specific Team/channel memberships? If not, I suggest developing that capability to enable companies with constraints like ours to use private channels and all that good stuff that comes with that.

2) If we do eventually find a way to get private channels enabled, that would allow us to consolidate a lot in the Teams space.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Whiteboard for non 365 Teams

It's such an useful tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. re-order chats

When someone doesn't answer me, it's easy to forget which chat did not come to closure. since there is no way to flag it for follow-up, perhaps if I could move it to the top of the list, I would know to follow-up a day or so later.
    I know I can pin it to the top, as one method.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better notification of IM's

My company recently switched over from Cisco Jabber to Microsoft Teams. I need a better way of being notified when a Co Worker IM's me.

Jabber would flash "Orange" and that got my attention. Teams needs something similar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatic file send

When sending files via Teams, after dropping the file into the chat channel, it sits there waiting for the user to press enter to send. I mean the action of dropping the file into the channel should encompass the send action too, once fully uploaded. It could even be a configurable setting permitted optional for the user?

There are many times during a conversation, I send a file... well I thought I sent the file and when I go back to that chat later on I can see the file is still sitting there unsent, oh dear.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User should be abale to delete the chat and re add again

User should be able to delete the chat and re add again.If email id for the same person is changed and we try to chat ,messages are not getting delivered to any of the email id of the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a SUBJECT box for starting any new Chat.

A bold SUBJECT box, should be added as an option to any new Chat. This should be a filterable field as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Time limit on Teams

I wish there was a way to add members, but for the system to automatically remove them after a certain amount of time; ie one year for a specific team. We want to utilize Teams for new hires within our company, but if there was a way for Teams to automatically remove someone after they have been within the Team for a certain amount of time, that would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We would like to have the option to delete team channel conversations. We utilize this tool regularly for work that is not relevant later an

We would like to have the option to delete team channel conversations. We utilize this tool regularly for work that is not relevant later and do not wish to take up space and have to scroll through the previous days' messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hidden Chats

Will it be possible to have a tab (located next to Recent and Contacts) that will show the history or hidden chats since if they are unable to be deleted at this time?

It could be called "Hidden" or "History" allowing users to go back and view this information without having to start a new chat or search.

Currently the Recent tab is full and cluttered as we are unable to delete chats; Only hide the conversation. Once it is hidden the only way to retrieve it is to search for the user or the chat topics.

Thank you.

TeamMicrosoftHere

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change organization name

Be able to change organization name for the free version.

When we are a startup and incubating ideas through the free Teams, name of the organization may not be the final one. We need a way to change the organization name, because we want to keep all the data.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Calendar in the Teams / Channel ...

as a Delivery Lead I want to be able to have a calendar in my project Teams and also in my specific Channel to organise meetings without mastering them in my Outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Widen the bar to the right of the Microsoft Q&A Chat so user can scroll up/down the chat thread. Appears it is display only.

Widen the bar to the right of the Microsoft Q&A Chat so user can scroll up/down the chat thread. Appears it is display only. Unable to move to use it as a scroll. This is during a meeting when I added a question, it would not allow me to scroll up/down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search for uppercase users in lowercase

Because some user names cannot be searched for in lowercase letters, make sure that user names in uppercase can be searched in lowercase letters.
    This function allows you to search for users more smoothly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option to disable request to add members

Currently, team members can request other users to be added to the team by sending a request on their behalf, this feature is announced Featured ID: 48396 in O365 roadmap. Admins or team owner should have the ability to disable this feature on org-wide or teams level if they don't want to receive request to add member.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DLP not applying when chatting to Non Teams external client (i.e Skype \ SfB)

Sensitive data when sent to a non Teams client via chat is delivered despite there being a DLP policy that should be blocking it. After speaking to MS support this is either by design or a known issue. The idea of DLP is that it should block sensitive information regardless of external client software.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When in a teams conversation, mute the new notifications from the user I am talking with. The continual BLoop, bloop, bloop is annoying.

When in a teams conversation, mute the new notifications from the user I am talking with. The continual BLoop, bloop, bloop is annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base