Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Group chats

It would be cool to group chats into different categories. So all the chats between people on my team, my managers, the IT help desk people I chat with, friends from outside my team etc.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Target Channel With Tags In Subject Line of Email

The inclusion of an email address per channel is great, but it needs to be tweaked a bit. Currently, there is a specific email address per channel and when you email, the subject line is included in the message. Since this information is pretty much unnecessary, it would be useful if we could have an email address per team, and then target a channel (or multiple channels) by tagging them in the subject line.

Something like <team name>@domain.com and the subject line hashtag #<channel name> for the email feature.

For example, if someone sends an email to staff@domain.com with…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow for collapsing of threaded messaging.

Threaded messages are great. And I do see that they collapse after a while. However, it would be nice as a user to be able to do it independently in my view whenever I wanted, and not wait for the "timeout".

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have different users for different channels

Allow different people in a group to be assigned to different channels. E.g. A,B,C,D are all in Team X and all in the General channel, but A,B are in Y Channel, A,C,D are in Z Channel, etc.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we add external users to a brand new Team?

Is there a way to create external team outside our enviorment?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Embedded URL shortener

Embed a URL shortener in chat or conversations. Provide the ability to add a URL to a work.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add an option to "follow this team", not just "follow this channel".

Some teams have many channels and it would be nice to have an option to follow all of them at once!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi there! Here’s how you change your team’s privacy setting:

1. Click the ellipses next to the team name and choose “Edit Team”.

2. A pop up box will appear and there will be a drop-down menu labeled “Privacy.”

3. Then you can select Private or Public for the team’s discoverability setting.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra

9. Properly Delete a Channel

When a channel is deleted its activity remains in the Notifications section of the Activity tab and its conversations are visible. Also the ellipsis will allow you to select 'Delete this Channel' (again) and the File tab below the ellipsis shows an 'Unknown Error' message (I'd deleted the SharePoint folder too). When a channel is deleted, everything related to it in the UI should disappear. There is a valid argument to retaining the Files and Notes on SharePoint, to be deleted manually if desired.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring attention to unanswered threads (Thread overview maybe)

When you add a Thread to a channel and there are multiple threads that come in the same day your thread might get lost and might never get an answer.

An overview of all threads might bring attention to those not answered

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Start new chat, not reuse old

I had an old chat with 2 people a month ago, and named it the topic we were discussing. I want to have a new chat with those same two people, about a new topic. I do not want it to reuse the old chat with the unrelated title. (that one's done, it would be nice to hide that one so it doesn't clutter up my Teams view anymore).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it work

Slack just works. The notifications on teams is very hit and miss, sometimes I get none and then 10 turn up. The thread is good and easy to follow but again very sporadic.
    Slack just works, I had quite high hopes for Teams.... Such a shame as this to me is rather poor show.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Attach file within user created sharepoint folder

When attaching a file to a conversation within Teams using the 'Browse Teams and Channels' allow visibility of all folders within the Documents section of the SharePoint section for each Team other than folders created within the Teams Files tab, i.e. folders that were created in the SharePoint document interface.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can I add external users to teams. Or when will this be possible?

How can I add external users to teams. Or when will this be possible?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Channel creation should not involve automatic provisioning of SharePoint document library folder

Channel creation should not involve automatic provisioning of SharePoint document library folder (this including General channel)

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please make a way to save subfolder/document favorites on the side panel!

We often use the same subfolders over and over again, and it would save time to not have to navigate through a folder several times a day if it were saved as a favorite on the side panel.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams inbox to receive emails and messages

So if there was an inbox for the team that would consist of emails or messages to team name. Under the inbox you would have all the channels listed and folders with team member names. That way all external communication to the team would come into the team inbox. Then team members could drag the conversation to a channel or their own member channel folder. This makes the conversation categorized and recorded in the proper channel. So in addition to creating an outlook group for the team a Skype group name needs to be created so all communication to teams…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set "Follow" and "Favorite" option on behalf of users

I can view who's following a channel, but I can't follow the channel for them. Would like to be able to set follow status in the UI or via PowerShell, much like I'm able to manage subscribers for O365 groups today. Would greatly assist with adoption: some channels and Teams need more visibility than others. Thank you.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Add Other Teams' Planners to Another Team

Ability to Add Other Teams' Planners to Another Team. If all members of a specific Team (i.e. Managers) are part of other Teams, give the ability to add other Teams' Planners as a tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Nested conversations. Mimic what Facebook does with comments...and anyone can reply to any comment anywhere.

Mmic what FB is doing with comments/conversations. Let anyone reply to any comment no matter where it is or when in the tree of the conversation. Allow a sub-conversation to be mirrored as a top level discussion as an option to de-clutter it but leave it in the original place so that the history of the sub-conversation remains intact.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.