Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio Settings - enable a test button for speakers when settings changed

when changing audio settings - from computer to headset for example, it would be nice to have a "test the audio" button that sends a tone to the new audio device. this way one does not have to wonder if the connection is working or not. this is a feature in Webex that people like.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow more than 100 Admins

Having some teams and Channels for bigger groups, it would be great to give everybody the admin role so everybody can manage the team. Currently, the limit is 100 admins and I don't understand the reason for that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display channel/team member views of "Announcements" to author

Our company uses a Teams channel for company wide IT advisories. It would be very useful if an Announcement post included a ticker/counter for unique views and maybe a percentage of all members in the channel. This read-receipt approach can help with ensuring everyone is on the same page or expecting a change.

Taking it a step further, if we could add users/groups that are allowed to see the numbers associated with the announcement, that would be even more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make a channel name also a hashtag so it can be used (connected) in private chats

Why does Teams does not support anything simple like Hashtags? A channel could not only be an @mention, it could also be a #hashtag. So that when you communicate in a private chat about a topic that also has a channel, but for obvious reasons you cannot put that post in the channel (for everybody to read), than you could use the #hashtag to "connect" that message to that channel for yourself. 

This would give users the chance to communicate about something in private (when needed) but still "connect" that private message to the subject or topic, so that all messages (even the private…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MTRS to decline non Teams Meeting

In order to fully utilize and increase user adoption the use of MTRS, we like the Exchange Calendar attendant to reject non Teams Meeting.

Today we use the MTRS account as a meeting room resource calendar. It will be great that the room can auto decline the meeting when it is invited and it is not a Teams Meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide options to customise Chats display, especially what counts as Recent

want to be able to set options for display of Chats - there is no way to set what counts as Recent, so chats disappear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to customize the upper limit of "Auto-favorite channels"

I want to be able to customize the upper limit of "Auto-favorite channels".

If the number of owners is up to "10", it is not satisfactory.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to delegate phone calls in teams without needing the Phone System service.

Create the ability in Teams to delegate incoming phone calls & place calls on behalf of without needing the Phone System service.
    This is to provide delegate functionality for IP based calls only.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sync Active Directory Groups into Teams

Well we already have an entire Active Directory set up where we have split employees by team and division. It seems in MS Teams I have to recreate that structure and add each employee manually. Is there any syncing for group membership?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calendar Invites

Whilst asking a user to accept a calendar invite is nice, sometimes as a teacher you want to ensure an item goes on the student calendar. You should be able to ‘push’ a calendar invite when in that role.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Erase conversation

It will be nice to delete or hide conversation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Timeline for Teams working on projects

Add a timeline feature/app to Teams for project tracking

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a team calendar to Teams or allow a project team calendar to be added as a tab.

Allow Teams to display a team calendar or display a SharePoint calendar from a project team.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to add whole groups to Microsoft Teams as team members

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチームにメンバーを追加する際にグループ単位で追加したい
    I want to add whole groups to Microsoft Teams as team members

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のチームにメンバーを追加する際にグループを指定すると、対象のグループのメンバーが展開されて個々のユーザーとして追加される動作となっている。
    この場合、対象のグループのメンバー情報を変更しても、チームのメンバー情報が連動されないため、メンバーを手動で追加する必要がある。
    グループを変更するたびにチームのメンバーを追加するのは工数がかかるため、Microsoft Teams の標準機能として、チームのメンバーにグループ単位で追加する機能の実装を要望します。
    Currently if I want to add members to Microsoft Teams and I choose a group, members in that group get displayed and I have to select each and every single user.
    In this case even if member information inside that group gets changed, members have to be added manually as the team members information are not linked.
    As adding team members whenever groups are changed takes up lots of time, I hope a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Channel banner display the posted content

I want to also display the content posted in the notification banner of the channel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to change our initial colors and color-code the schedule view in the Planner App!

Currently our initial circle color is random, but we should have the ability to pick our own color so that everyone on the team is different and there are no duplicates.

Additionally, if you download the Planner app in Teams, having different colors is essential, especially when you are using the schedule view. Everything being white does not help anyone and it is one of the reasons people will look elsewhere for other apps outside of Microsoft.

Colors would be VERY beneficial and should be easy on your end to implement. Please consider in order to make this a better…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Message priority delivery options in Teams Channel

I would like to be able to set the message priority or delivery option to Important or Urgent like you can in the Chat channel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add volume control for MS Teams message notifications.

Some of the users at my organization find the notification sounds, too low, and would like to be able to turn up the notification sound.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow more then 15 pins in chat

Allow more then 15 pins in chat at a time.

I talk to mutiple coworkers daily and run many programs on my screen so I had to turn off the pop up notification.

I like having the chat tab open and being able to see all the highlighted chats I need to reply to. I work at a managed IT service provider and need to talk to mutiple techs at a time.

I would like unlimited pins in the chat tab.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base