Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Syncing OneNote

I wish the OneNote Notebook could be synced with the notebook in MS Teams. That way, changes to one it would make changes to the other.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give the ability to copy or replicate assignments from one Team to another.

Our IT department has set up Teams so that each class period is a different Team. While this makes sense, there is a basic functionality missing from Teams that is fundamental:

I have 4 classes of Algebra 1, for example. I create an assignment for 1st period. I must then create the same, exact assignment 4 times for every class I teach. I should be able to copy or replicate an assignment for the different classes. This seems like a basic functionality issue that other users are requiring too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. webhook

Slack has outbound webhook capabilities that can be used by specifying keywords or phrases. Can Microsoft enable outbound webhook?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. team channels - hierarchy.

Ability to provide channel hierarchy under a team would help alleviate space, improve visual search capabilities when trying to locate a team project

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy thread to other channel

Can you copy a thread from one channel to another? If so, how?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MS Teams with existing O365 Groups

As we use MS Teams at a later stage compare to SharePoint Online, we would like to create Teams with the existing O365 group, however when we tried to use the option, it doesn't seem to surface all the sites with O365 groups. Is there an issue with that feature?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete an O365 Team

When creating an Office 365 Team using the client UI, an O365 Group is automatically created as well as a SharePoint site and One Note notebook. However, DELETING the Team through the client UI only removes the O365 Group, not the SharePoint site and notebook.

I think it would be good to delete all Team objects when deleting the Team.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. multiple domains in the app

I work for multiple organizations. Each has Teams. My installed app can only work with one organization. I can use the web app for the second organization but it is difficult to remember to keep it open and the alerts are not as good. Can you make the app support multiple organizations?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display channel members

I know this can be seen on a separate screen, but if you're going to take the IRC model, don't leave out some of the best parts. I'd like to see a channel member list down the right side, like you can get in Slack and IRC. This could be especially useful in the integrated microsoft environment, plus I like to see who I'm talking to.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remember swops to other parts in Teams

In Teams: it would be great if Teams remembers a swop to another tab (chat, notebook, other Team)
    E.g. If you're working in a notebook and want to go to a chat to give a quick reply and after that you want to go back to your notebook, you have to start all over again to find the part you were working in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. search teams on iphone

Add search for specific team, right now you have to dive into all your teams

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't Follow a Channel unless it's a Favourite

Hi,

As per the image attached, it's only possible to click on the ellipsis (1) to get access to 'Follow this channel' (2) if you have favourited the channel.

If you have not favourited the channel and have to find it under 'X more channels' (3) then the only option is to Favorite the channel (4), there is no ellipses there.

It should be possible to follow any channel in a team whether I've marked it as a favorite or not.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable "Always On Top" for the Teams window

I'd like to be able to make the Teams window stay on top of all others, as with the Skype conversation windows.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Private Teams should not show up in Suggestions

Private Teams should not show up in Suggestions
    Right now, any "Team" can show up in the list of suggested teams for users to join, regardless if it is set to private. The "suggested list of teams to join" should not include teams that are private, or there should be an option on Team configuration to let that team be included or hidden from suggestions. This could be a problem if users do not create generic names for their Team. For example, if HR creates a team called "Upcoming Layoffs" as a private team, they may not want that showing…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feedback appear on assignment downloads (similar to comments)

I usually download my students work, showing the comments that have been posted by children and myself. It would be great if the feedback given at the end of an assignment was attached to the documents when downloaded.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get rid of the "reply" button!!

You shouldnt have to click on reply button each and every time you want to reply to a thread. it would be a better design if you can just start typing.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scroll screen when I move a Planner card between buckets

Scroll screen when I move a Planner card between buckets like trello. I have 4 buckets and I cannot drag a card for the left most column to the right most column.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rights to general channel

General channel has a particular role, as it can't be removed from favourites list, it can be used to spread organisation wide news. It would be great if team owner can:
    * change channel name (especially translation not always show it's proper character; i.e. in polish better word than "Ogólny" will be "Komunikaty"
    * allow publishing and mentioning general channel only to particular users and groups (in some cases people tend to use general to much...)
    * set as administrative option if general can be unobserved- sometimes it might be crucial for organisation do have channel with high range

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to move channels up and down in the list to organize/group similar threads

Our team has lots of projects (each with its own channel) that last 1 day to two weeks, would like the ability to organize channels on the left and slide them up and down the list to sort by priority/schedule date or by work area.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to create a team with existing Office 365 groups

We have disabled the functionality for the end user to create O365 group on their own using below article
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Control-who-can-create-Office-365-Groups-4c46c8cb-17d0-44b5-9776-005fced8e618

After that as a member of the Security group (as described in the above article), per end user request we have created a new O365 group and added that end user as a Owner of the new O365 group.

Now EndUser can use Planner, SharePoint with the new O365 group but When the EndUser wants to create a team, he/she cannot able to use the existing O365 group (or new O365 group just created).

I create a SR with Microsoft…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.