Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. move comments

Ability to move comments from one channel to another. Sometimes team mates post something that should belong on another channel, but I can't move the comment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calling a group

It seems odd that if i initiate a call to a Team that the entire Team is not being called at once. I have to add people to the call-- we have a daily huddle of 15 ppl each day-- i have to remember who to add to the call, even though I am calling through the huddle Team or group. If you don't want to automatically call everyone because people use this feature in different ways, add a button that says something like "Call everyone on this team" that we can press.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hallo

Die Icons "Weitere Optionen", "Diese Nachricht Speichern" & der "Like" Button, die im Chatfenster von Teams "über" einer "einzeiligen" Nachricht eingeblendet werden wenn sich der Mauszeiger über dem Textfeld der Nachricht befindet, verhindern ein "problemloses" markieren des Nachrichtentextes.

1. Ich denke es wäre sinnvoller die Icons "hinter" dem Nachrichtentext einzublenden damit dieser nicht von den Icons überdeckt wird.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add tab{application} to a channel using opengraph api

But also I need to add some specific TABs foreach channel, specifically I need to add a TAB linked to a Sharepoint List.

The documentation states that using this API call you can Add an application to a team,

https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{app-id}/apps

//POST BODY
    {
    "id" : "xxxx-xxxx-4559-a332-xxxxxxxxxxx"
    }

But the applications are related to channels thru TABs, nor to teams itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable to switch back from Away status

In Teams when you move away from your pc the status goes from available to away like Skype. When you come back to your pc the status is still in away mode. It does not switch back to available mode automatically. We need to literally logout from teams and log back in to change the status. Sometimes the logout login also does not change the away status.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Confirmation of currently using apps

I'd like to check which application is currently being added to Teams. Because I do not want users to use unnecessary applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow me to create a team!

As a Manager, it would be useful to create a team (or two). It appears my level is not enough. The only 'team' option is to join one with a code, not even suggested groups.
    Not a great start to this app. :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team refreshes while you post

You can be replying to a post while the Teams App refreshes and it moves you to a new post forcing you to search for the post you were editing!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to Compare What has changed in a Edited Conversation or Reply

When a Conversation or a Reply is Edited after it is posted, currently the Teams only shows as Edited.

It would be nice to an have option to look at the history of the changes to the message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Office 365 Homework Tracker!

Hello everyone,

I am a high school English teacher and have been using Office 365 apps for a while now. I am a great believer in the positive impact that ICT tools have on student engagement and effective teaching. Furthermore, I have been promoting the use of ICT in my faculty and with my colleagues, especially with reducing the amount of paper work we accumulate. Consequently, I believe the addition of a new feature will greatly encourage teachers to use Office 365. The new feature that I am proposing is a Homework Tracker for teachers. Homework is a critical part…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hello,
    Thanks for sharing the information. We currently do have a product Microsoft Teams Assignments which has the similar feature that you described above. Please take a look at these articles (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-teams-5aa4431a-8a3c-4aa5-87a6-b6401abea114?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US ) which will help you understand the work flow of the product and implementation. Hope you like the product and join us in the journey to make teachers life easy.

Thanks,
    Sai

14. Black Screen in Teams

Teams in an RDS environment shows a black screen on office documents when editing in Teams. Clearing the teams folders solves it only once, until next log on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. meeting unread

It's confusing when Teams gives you a notification number of unread and those unreads include Meetings you already joined from your chat history.
    Please do not make meetings count in total unreads. You have to locate all those meetings and click on them to remove them from the notification count.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. samba

It is not possible to use the link protocol smb:// in teams.
    Can you please implement the teams software so that people can use the samba protocol.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Diedenhoven

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Route documents from Channel emails to a subfolder in the SharePoint library

I have a project team that like the idea of using the Channel emails to route documents to the Project Team folders in SharePoint. However, they have nested folders and would like to know if there is a way to get the documents only (i.e. attachments) to the subfolders, not he email itself.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forwarding an email to Team/channel shouldn't automatically add the email in Conversations

It should be an option to add the email (perhaps not the whole thing, just the subject) to Conversations, not automatically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams> Edit Onine, In Teams or Edit in App

When accessing a file in Teams . We need the ability to edit using the APP as well. Right now excel , power point and word client desktop apps have more feature then editing online. Users have to click on Edit Online, Then in browser click on Edit in App to make sure their version is updated and they have advanced features incorporated. Really bad flows and experience

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.