Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature to make the [Post][File][Wiki][+] menus that are displayed on the top of the workspace unusable when users are creating channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザーが "チャネル" を作成時にワークスペース上部に表示される [投稿] [ファイル] [wiki] [+] メニューについてデフォルトで使用不可にする機能
    A feature to make the [Post][File][Wiki][+] menus that are displayed on the top of the workspace unusable when users are creating channels

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーが "チャネル" を作成時にワークスペース上部に表示される [投稿] [ファイル] [wiki] [+] メニューについてデフォルトで使用不可にする機能​の提供を強く希望します。
    We strongly hope a feature will be provided to make the [Post][File][Wiki][+] menus that are displayed on the top of the workspace unusable when users are creating channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off button on microsoft teams!?

Turn off button on microsoft teams!?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can an option be added to allow visibility of a guest cursor when screen sharing but not give control?

Often it would be helpful if guest could point out items while screen sharing even when you don't want to give them control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. bug report

In such case i will not be able to launch / schedule my exam to students ; it is to problematic now; i am expecting changes of students deleting some one else file from share point then it will be a disaster from the examination point of view. MS Team should do some thing for this.

We are creating a team ; adding students as students, creating an exam using MS forms, the forms automatically uploaded to group form now what ever student answer or upload files as a part of answer can be seen by other students vial share…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlight the Particular Meeting's Chat Box / Make the Teams Chat Box More Visible

I have a request for the configuration of MS Teams: for the meetings (and recurring meetings), the Chat box for that meeting currently appears in a random location -- REQUEST that the Chat box appears at the top of the Chat Streams List off to the left, and highlighted in bold. That will enable participants to post to the Chat stream most effectively, without having to search for the Chat stream for that meeting and taking everyone's time. - Please advise on this, thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve GUI and Chat features

1.- Chat in teams is very unprofessional.
    Multiple pop up notifications are displayed, for instance: while you're sharing your screen, even when i'm chatting with people i got message notifications. Spam e-mails are received for all unread messages

2.- All teams feature are melted together in the same window. It's difficult to navigate among Calendar, chat, teams, files, activity notifications,etc in a single GUI. Please separate feature into unique windows

3.- Meetings links. Every time i click the meeting link on my outlook calendar it send me to my default navigator and request me to join Teams, although i've…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to turn off waiting in the lobby?

Is there an Option to turn off waiting in the lobby? I have been waiting 10 minutes on occasion as I am not seen waiting in the lobby and therefore my assumption has been that the meeting was cancelled so I am missing out. This is not an option on Skype and therefore my meetings are all skype but I want to use Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add sort function to contacts list

Currently when I add contacts and view them under Phone then Contacts, there is not a way to sort them. They should e able to be sorted by the column headers such as Name, Phone, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A way to display ALL Contacts in the organization in one list

Right now you have to select contacts individually and they appear under Phone then Contacts, that's the only place you can see your list. Update that to import ALL contacts from AD to display in one list so the user does not have to add contacts one at a time. The entire list should be displayed and then the user can move some main contacts into favorites if they want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 'Save as" for files sent in Teams.

Dear Teams, hello !
    Is it possible somehow to save files in the directory that I need, but not in somewhere that Teams assigned as default - "downloads" with maaaanny different files for many years in my case. Such a simple thing and so inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. stop sharepoint based upload - continue business drive based upload

Its an urgent and emergency note; before when we create upload based questions it use to upload file to our business one drive ; no MS forms stores in SharePoint ; the biggest situation is when i am conducting exam all students submission can be seen by others students on share point

MS Developers please stop ; stop the share point method of upload; please continue with the business drive methods and dont disclose on share point ; conducting examinations will be a challenge now
    Labels:

share point based upload questions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. email integration per team

It is currently only possible to allow email integration for a list of specified domains for the whole tenant. It would be useful to enable email integration for specific domains on a per Team or per Channel basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow to delete an owner without having to demote them to a member first

allow to delete an owner without having to demote them to a member first just like you do with members. Have the x appear in the owner list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams-Client should alert you to invites from an external Team

Rather than just sending a link to your registered Email address it would be helpful to optionally receive a message within the Teams-Client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creating Primary / Secondary Team

Organizations are using more than one team, in few cases we need to give common information / instruction to more than one team, if we are able to create a team(Primary) with already available team (secondary), will be useful also the members needs to be updated when there is change made in the secondary team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For each meeting, i want you to add a feature that limits recording start or stop to only a few users.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    会議毎に、レコーディングの開始や停止を一部のユーザーのみに限定する機能を追加してほしい
    For each meeting, i want you to add a feature that limits recording start or stop to only a few users.

■Description(内容):
    Teams 会議で、会議の内容をレコーディングすることができ、別の組織や会社のユーザー、ゲスト等はレコーディングすることはできないことは認識しているが、会議毎に、レコーディングの開始や停止を一部のユーザーのみに限定する機能を追加してほしい
    We recognize that teams can record the content of the meeting, and users, guests, etc. from another organization or company cannot record it, but for each meeting, we want you to add the ability to limit the start or stop of recording to only a few users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My Azure test invites are not going through

Currently, when I send an invitation to a current team member, they are not able to see my invitation to test. We also need testing only logins

Is it possible to get in contact with someone today? We are current clients, but would like to know what sort of package pricing would be to allow for several testers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. アイデア投稿のルート

このURLの機能をTeamsアプリ内から投稿できるようにしてほしい
    投稿されている改善希望の投票、閲覧もアプリ内から実行できるようにしてほしい
    アイデア投稿用チャネルのデフォルト表示希望

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 온라인수업 적용시 기능개선 요청

1. 소유자가 파일, 과제, 추가된 채널(스트림 등)에 게시된 자료를 정리해서 구성원에게 제시할 수 있도록 하는 기능이 필요합니다. 현재는 나름의 정렬기준이 있겠지만 해당 탭에 10개 이상의 자료가 게시되면 구성원이 학습하거나 자료를 보기 어렵습니다.

2. 게시물 역시 소유자가 알림, 공지 등 할 수 있게 해당 게시물을 상단에 고정하거나 강조할 수 있었으면 합니다.

3. 폼즈로 작성된 퀴즈를 과제탭에서 게시하면 날짜기한의 만료날짜 설정을 해도 기한일을 지나면 과제를 제출할 수 없게 됩니다.

ms팀즈가 잘 쓰여졌으면 하는 맘에 말씀드립니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Org-wide teams for education tenants

Currently org-wide teams are not available for education tenants. They would be very beneficial as there are numerous use cases where students need automatically be enrolled in specific teams. Auto-add with dynamic groups is an option, however it is not accessible to tenants that do not have AD Premium licenses.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base