Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team should be synchronize with Outlook i.e. available, in meeting, busy etc

Team should be synchronize with Outlook i.e. available, in meeting, busy etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Copying a message easier

Make the "..." button have the copy message feature. Or make copying a message easier. Right now, it is incredibly difficult to copy a message by highlighting the message in Teams. Also, when trying to highlight the whole message or part of a message i.e. Password: Welcome1 It becomes difficult to highlight the last part of the message because the "...", thumbs up button, and other things are covering the end of the message.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Changes made in Teams admin center, like membership or ownership not taking effect immediately on web and desktop clients

Changes made in Teams admin center, like membership or ownership not taking effect immediately on web and desktop clients. Same changes made in the clients take effect immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to customize Teams, add images, colors, themes, etc..

Make Teams match company branding standards. Similar to how you can change the look and feel of SharePoint pages but with more flexibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to audit chat content between guests

Content search is not available for private chat between guests.
    Therefore, a function to prevent chat between guests or a function to audit the contents of chat between guests is required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to download a Team membership roster with their Managing Director

Currently, Teams has its organization features where we can see each resources' s Managing Director, but I just find it so tedious to manually check all the individuals with their Managing director to incorporate in a report I am doing right now. I suggest if there is a roster I can just download, so that it will be much easier to look up the names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Users should be able to update / amend their own names.

I can see a number of different rationales for this, but entrusting your organisation / HR to provide your name / username is clearly not working for many people. In 2020, we live in a world of self-regulation and great respect for individual identity. It isn't correct or right to allow someone else to have full control of who you are in a social media context, even in the workplace. As such, Teams needs to allow users to amend their profiles, especially their names. (In my case, it was simply a misspelling of my name!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 是否Microsoft技術支援部門也要同步進行問題統計及分類?

我發現很多問題,但每次Microsoft無解的時候,就叫我自己去跟Microsoft反應,感覺很差!

>Hi 王先生,
    >
    >瞭解您的意思了。
    >是的,目前無法透過Teams刪除文件。
    >產品並沒有您所需的功能與需求,這關於您也可以到以下User Voice發佈您想要的需求,然後參於投票及反饋,開發團隊會考量用戶所提供的需求。
    >https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36267382-delete-files-shared-in-chat

感謝您對微軟產品和服務的支持。
    敬祝,
    順心!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Categorize Channels under a team

I want to share my idea that if we have Categories inside a team so that we can name as Departments lets says i'm working in IT department so we have teams like SOC,NOC, Creative,Desktop support.... so if we add Team name as IT Department and these SOC,NOC, will comes under category and under SOC category there will be channels we can use a channel for a project whoever is on that project we can add them in that channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Channel Tab Names - Default to file name

When you create a new tab for a file, after the file is selected, default the tab name to the file name, instead of, for example, "excel."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Centralize in one view all flagged items

When receiving multiple information from posts that require time to process, it would be awesome to flag a post in a Channel - and having a kind of "personal view" where all flagged posts are listed. This could also act as a todo that you get from multiple posts in multiple channels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Click-and-drag speed dial contacts to new group

I would like to see more flexibility in moving Call contacts from one group to another. You should be able to click the drop-down on a contact and Change Group (not have to delete from one group and add to another). Ideally, in the Speed Dial view, you would be able to click-and-drag a contact from one group to another and have the group assignment automatically update in the background.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ask me first before installing Microsoft Team and autostarting .

I hate Microsoft Teams. I didn't consent to it. Make it easier to delete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Following channel - add some icon

Can you add some icon for information which channel I´m following?
    It is very uncomfort checking which channel I´m following - one by one.
    For example eye like in attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to change the SharePoint Online site display and default values added to the tab

If you add the SharePoint Online home to the tab, you can browse it with the tab, but you want to set the default value such as "Show all" displayed on the upper right of "Documents" etc.
    * Because the number of characters that can be displayed in the document name field is limited

By allowing these to be customized, they can be used more flexibly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a button to add guest users on the Teams Dashboard

It is so time consuming to figure out how to add a guest on Teams. Why not add a button to add a guest and it would add it to the contacts and give the user the choice to add as a private contact or add to the team contact list. Unless a user is well versed in Teams, it is very time consuming trying to figure out how to add a guest. Big time ****** to have to search especially if you want to just do a quick colab with a client and share your screen so you can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Group emails to channel by subject

We use a channel’s email address to get files into a channel for a group to process together. But every time someone replies to the email side (usually with, “Thanks” or “Any progress?”), a brand new conversation is created in the channel. Is there no way to consolidate these by subject or email id of some kind, so that replies after the teams email is originally used are entered as new messages in the same thread instead of a whole new, separate conversation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make a recording to share with team members

I would like an app where I can make recordings to upload and share with my team within Microsoft Teams, as the current method of using Test & Feedback is not allowing you to share the recording you make.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base