Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to stop my MS Teams availability icon changing automatically to Away when I'm not active on Teams for a few mins

When I'm not active on Teams for more than 5 minutes my status changes automatically to Away. I cannot change this in my settings and it's really annoying, because I'm usually still available to my colleagues, just busy with some other application, working on something else on my PC... It should be possible for the user to define when his status should change to Away, the fact that Teams changes the user status automatically is a clear show stopper.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams should include a telecom dial-in by default for all paid plans

Especially during this time period when the vast majority of people are working remote due to the pandemic, Microsoft should include dial-ins for meetings by default without requiring separate purchase.

We are at the Enterprise E3 level and we pay a significant amount of money for M365 including Teams yet we are forced to direct our employees to use outside services for videoconferencing if anyone external attends. This is because we have to account for some customers that want to dial-in as opposed to attending online.

Just about all other videoconferencing tools provide cost free/included dial-ins with their services (Zoom,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mark and Write on Pictures of Assignments

If students submit pictures of their work, it should be possible for the teacher to mark these pictures with a "drawing" function or place ticks on the picture and also to write comments on the picture and then return it to the students. This function is possible on other remote teaching platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams Defaults to Lowercase

Teams Defaults to Lowercase when you breakaway/return. PAIN for us CAD Designers/Drafters. We "Seem" to do a-lot of unintended Screaming, we catch it, train-of-thought breaks, we re-gear/re-type (sometimes). We end up having to clarify or we question what/how we are receiving, It really "Snowballs". Takes a decent chunk of minute or more. i.e. I'm not CAD'n right now... Great Thanks. RGS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More confortable and clearer use

I'm using MS Teams for school stuff, and I would like, to have it al little bit clearer, for example having all task on one page and not, like is it now, that I have to chose the channel/team at first. You could make it, that you have all channels on the task-page and are able to unfold the tasks of it and of all other channels too.
    I also would like to get a message to remind me, when I haven't submitted a task yet, so that I can't forget that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Implement possibility to add people to Teams/Channels and to chat with different email's domain (as it was at S4B)

Implement possibility to add people to Teams/Channels and to chat with different email's domain (as it was at S4B)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. creating a new contact group directly from an existing Team

I want to create a new contact group directly from an existing Team.

More concretely the Team already exists and I want to create a contact group with exactly the same name and team members. So is there a simple way to create a contact group for exactly these same members without having to select them 1 by 1 again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable multi-select when creating a new contact group

Enable to select multiple individual contacts simultaneously when creating a new contact group.
    Either through a multi-select function or the CTRL function key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please still display Teams name in Teams head

After Dec.13 Teams update, the team name is not displayed anymore beside with channel name on the top of right hand screen, it is very hard to know which team you are working, specially if you have many teams, similar channel names, for example, General channel, hard to find out which team’s General if team name is not shown. Can have an option to let users to choose if can display Team name or hide Team name to get more work space?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to add guest users to a private channel

When creating a private channel in a team and inviting new guest users to the channel, you cannot add the users to the channel successfully.

There is a workaround, but it isn’t the solution for the underlying problem. So, please improve the behavior.

・ Workaround: Delete the guest user > Re-invite the guest user and add him

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve how we can tell who is talking in a teams meeting?

Right now we can't tell who is talking in Teams if we are sharing. It would be good if that person came up to the top in the chat window with-in the meeting.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow draft chats to persist in the "recent" nav bar on the left.

When drafting a new chat and then navigating away from it (e.g., to respond to an incoming chat) the draft chat does not show on the recent listing of chats. One has to re-enter the person to which you are sending the chat to retrieve the draft.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Using tag groups to send secure messages to members tagged in that group

People managers are always looking for a way to host secure communications. Outside of establishing a private sub-channel we really don't have any secure communication options. The problem with making a secure channel is that it breaks taxonomy structures and can lead to orphaned documents. By making @tagged group communications private to only that group. Members can have secure communications in the same open channel as regular communications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat and review files at the same time

Id like to be able to chat and review files at the same time. Its incredibly clunky to have to constantly navigate back and forth between screens and makes it difficult to use. I should be able to have the chat feature opened while navigating between teams, channels and documents.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to link to teams/channels in chats or threads in other teams/channels

I want to be able to link to teams and channels like you can link to a person. In a private chat, I could tell someone "That info is in @Developers#General" to point them to a team and channel. Or in one channel, I could reference a different channel in the same team, "This is related to the convo we had in #backend"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Channels to be not hidden by default

When several channels are created in a team they are hidden by default.
    My suggestion is that all channels are visible by default and the users have to manually "hide" them if they don´t want to be bothered by them.

The reason for my suggestion:
    Even though teams is intuitive and simple, not all users feel that way, and they get confused when they see that some channels are hidden? In some cases their first thought is that the channels are hidden from them for a reason (systems are supposed to be smart, right?) so they don´t even click on…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. REMINDER OF CHAT LINKED AND CREATED IN TODO

Things discussed in channel or Chat sometimes turns into task and also I wanted it to remind me . Reminder feature in team is entirely missing.
    My suggestion is if the particular chat can be linked and created as Task from there to TO DO APP . In TODO app can set reminder etc.
    Just like outlook and Todo can combine same way if in channel and team chat message can be linked and created as task

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base