Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. code indentation

When copying code into Teams it's great that the language syntax is highlighted however.... it's super hard to read when the indentations are stripped out.

Can you retain code indentations so that I don't have to use print-screen to share code?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,522 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

4. Make a progressive web app for teams

Make a progressive web app (that also works in Chrome on Android). The existing app now requires more components installed that can wipe my device (no go for me)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. creating meeting right click profile picture

In teams chat, when hover over profile pic, it would be good to have ability to create a meeting. It currently allows for a new chat, email, view org chart(lol!), vid call, audio call, but not meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search Users with mentions: I want to character searching.

The mentions search a user used forward match. But, I want to word search using the mentions.
    ex) Username: search.user@test.com
    >> "@sea" is find it! But, "@user" or "@*user" etc... is not find.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make chat interface cleaner

The Conversation window is full of wasted space. I need it to be flattened, with consistent display of time, username, and text all left-aligned. The 'conversation bubbles' are distracting and wasteful of space. Highlighting my own text is distracting from the actual information I care about, which is the text from whoever I'm chatting with. Slack does it great, with a different color for each user name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Attachment tracking

Be able to see who opens attachments that are posted in teams for tracking. Right now, we have a business need to see if announcements in pdf attachments posted to Teams are being opened and read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Classnote

1. I would like to be able to have one classnote book that syncs automatically with all my AP World Classes, so that I could make changes to content as the year progresses.

2. Or just send a page to update a content section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support email integration with hybrid exchange environment

Currently, the email integration of Teams cannot support hybrid exchange environment. I would like to request this feature to support hybrid exchange.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a Team Name column to the Files view

The location column in the main Files view of Teams is a bit granular and aimed at technical folk who don't break into a sweat when they see a file path with slashes - I think a column should be added that just shows the friendly team name. It would be much more intuitive to sort on this view, or perhaps even have a drop down to filter files by Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make it possible to link files from OneDrive to be linked and synceable to Teams when adding new .docx, .xlsx, etc to a project

It would be very useful if we could add files using their OneDrive links into Teams. Particularly, this should allow both tools to sync the files. Files are commonly edited thus requiring manual job to update the info available for my colleagues. Intercommunication between OneDrive and Teams would make things smooth. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix Microsoft Account Issues that require restarting the program to move between teams

I work with multiple companies that have different accounts that seem to require a logout/restart to switch between. Teams should always be on for all my teams with easy switching between all of them. There was a dropdown box in one that allowed me to switch to another, but that box has disappeared. However, it required a restart to switch when used as well. Am I not receiving the messages from one when I switch to the other?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. flow approval in teams

Create an approval spot in teams for flow approvals

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dark mode not persisting on web app

Theming on the Teams reverts back to the default theme every time I log into Teams on the web, despite selecting the dark theme previously. I'm on the latest stable build of chrome, using a non-private tab. I use the dark theme for Outlook on the web, and it has no problem persisting; it would be awesome if this worked the same for Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide "Get the app" tab in desktop app

I do not want all Teams users to use mobile apps, so I want to hide the "Get apps" tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Invisible Teams

Please add a 4th Team type called "INVISIBLE" or "SECRET" . At present you have Private, Public and Org-Wide.

However, private teams, whilst they require join permissions from admins, still show up in a search list. This wouldn't be feasible if you're doing an M&A deal or some strategic projects and do not wish for the rest of the org to know about it until it is ready for publication. The "Invisible" or "Secret" team would allow for all the functionality of a team and collaboration, but be invisible and unsearchable by users outside of the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to change Teams meeting invite to use web only

In skype you can force a meeting to use the web client by adding: ?sl=1 to the end of the meeting url. Please enable this for teams meetings!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base