Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Teams with Outlook for Messaging

Integrate Teams with O365 or Outlook, so that we can instantly start a conversation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen Share Alert

I would like to know when my colleagues are sharing their screens (through Teams, Zoom, GTM, Skype, etc.), to know not to send them anything via Teams Chat; as they don't typically mute their teams when joining a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Reset" a Class Team

If Teams is going to be a "real" LMS, we need to be able to 'reset' a class team after each term or cohort finishes. This means that if I remove all my students, their assignments and class notebooks should also be removed (currently a very cumbersome process to clean all their bits and pieces). Also, all the Posts and other channel content should be removeable. Either with one master 'delete all' type function, or selectively if I want to keep the generic stuff and delete all the posts and other things that were provided for this year's class. Currently,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customizable fake backgrounds

Teams teleconferencing currently lets you select a fake background image behind you. It would be neat if people could upload their own images to be used in this manner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I filter the navigation in Teams, I only see the general tab channel and do not see the other channels.

When I filter the navigation in Teams, I only see the general tab channel and do not see the other channels. I need to see all the channels under the Team when I filter the navigation to a specific Team, not just the General channel.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multi Teams announcement

We need the ability to do announcement in multiple Teams to which we belong at the same time (cross Team announcement).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to check the upgrade date and time

Until you receive an upgrade notification email, it is unknown when you will be upgraded.
    Therefore, you need the ability to check the date and time of the upgrade and the length of the extension period.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to use spelling list from my outlook

Many words that are shown as incorrectly spelled are correct such as names etc. Is there a way as part use the outlook calendar from users outlook?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically mute members when more than 5 members join a call

When more than 5 members join a call in teams, noise has a high chance of being introduced. When 5 members join, leave the host unmuted and mute all participants including those just joining the call.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customisable side bar

The left hand side bar has lots of space. It would be great to be able to add installed apps into this bar and make it your own.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide General channel in Teams

I would like you to enable to hide the General channel in Teams.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide membership updates on Org-Wide channels - Onboarding/Terminations leaked

Hide membership updates on Org-Wide channels - On boarding/Terminations leaked with the current environment.

Please add option to hide membership notifications as end users are being made aware of people who are being terminated.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Seperate app controls from Window title bar.

Separate the app controls from the window ones.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Permit organizer to customize user/participant visible message when participant limit is exceeded.

Please maintain a consistent default message that a participant sees when joining a meeting that has breached participant limit. A valuable enhancement beyond it would be to allow the organizer to customize such a message:
    If you're seeing this message, we regret you've joined after the meeting limit has exceeded. <Customer could add: We will send second invite for MM/DD/YYYY. Organizer configurable..>

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make it a little easier to invite outside visitors to meeting and meet now

A little more intuitive instruction for inviting outsider to a meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. live event Added later

It is currently not possible to add permissions and invite users after starting a live event.
    I want you to be able to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integration of a Tasklist (linked to MS Planner) into MS Teams.

Integration of Task lists (linked to MS Planner) into MS Teams.

It would significantly increase productivity in our different virtual teams (within the organization and across organizations), if task lists, similar to the MS Teams education version, would be available on short notice.

Task lists, that are linked to MS Planner, per channel and/or teams as well as linked to own tasks (linked to Planner and Outlook tasks).

This need has already be expressed by a lot of teams and companies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move channel between Teams

We have a order in factory A (belong Channel A in Teams A), now this order need change to factory B (in Teams B). So we need transfer Channel A to Teams B. How do it with Teams?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Single Click button for Screen-Capture within Meeting

Allow users to do a screen capture during presentations in a meeting with a single click (like the Start Recording)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base