Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Confirmation by symbol

When someone is presenting we observe that very often the presenter needs (or waits) for a confirmation of what she/he presents something by sharing the screen. Instead of unmuting it would be nice to show an OK, fine, etc. to the presenter. If this feature already exists, it is well hidden :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Putting different posts together as a topic post/announcement for effective classroom use.

It would be better if teachers could add all assignments and other posts to the same announcement. That way keeping everything for one topic/unit together. This would make it easier for students to find things and know exactly what unit of work those assignments or other posts are linked too. This would be similar to google classrooms topic feature. And posts that are added from external integrated posts can simply be dragged and added to and existing topic post. Teams really needs to have the same feature in Teams for a successful classroom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable app popups when typing messages.

It would be better if you provide an option to disable Preview Popup for apps. It's really annoying to see Bitbucket, confluence popups showing preview by default. Everytime I have to click on close button to close the preview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want you to add a way to find a team with a specific string in your team name in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターで、チーム名に特定の文字列を含むチームを検索する方法を追加してほしい
    I want you to add a way to find a team with a specific string in your team name in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center.

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターで、チーム名を検索する際 現在では "前方一致" で検索されるため、検索するキーワードはすべて検索するように機能を追加してほしい。

例)[Teams] と検索した場合
    ・「Teams2020」
    ・「2020
    Teams」等
    上記のように [Teams] と検索した場合は [Teams]のチーム名を検索可能にしてほしい

When you search for a team name in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center, you'll be searched for "forward match", so you want to add the ability to search for all the keywords you search for.

Example) If you search for Teams
    Teams2020"
    Teams, etc.
    If you searched teams as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improvement is good, however, for me, I cannot use Teams anymore! Too late unfortunately!!! it's Sade !!!

It's too late, for me none of my customers which have hundreds of stores, Builders associations, in France, none of them want to use Teams for me to do video training. That had too many bad experiences, and it cost me WAY to much time and money ! It will take years for people to trust Teams to be an easy platform to use.
    As a Office 365 users, I have to train different salesmen from different companies, Teams is not easy to set up, and honestly, I am very sad and disappointed, for Microsoft to have messed up this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sharing links from Teams

When sharing a link from Teams the URL is super long. It would be great if it showed the path to get to that same document and it was hyperlinked. I manually do this when I email links to help clean it up - and bonus if the link fails for some reason, there is the path to navigate to the document!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to move some groupchats from the "chat" tab to the "teams" tab

Please allow for this, this will allow me to move all excess groupchats open, plus it will allow for my "chat" tab to look and feel more organised. Its currently giving me anxiety seeing how many chats I have open from 3 weeks ago . I would like to have drop downs of groups of contacts like I had on skype for business. I don't like having all my groupchats and individual conversations always open on the left or it becomes too cluttered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Control meeting egress feature

There is a function to forcibly leave the list of users during a meeting.
    I would like you to implement a function to control this.
    There is a concern that an unintended user will leave other users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to Change Teams default sharepoint location from /sites to prevent the Teams sites from being considered external

Ability to Change Teams default sharepoint location from /sites to prevent the Teams sites from being considered external by the default established by the organization.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams chats Can not be deleted

Why in 2020 are we still unable to delete a Chat History in teams,
    Note to Microsoft, UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the UK is a guide on how to comply
    This is basic and a simple fix, that's why people are not using it as much as they could.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call queue notification

In Skype for Business Online, when in a call queue, if someone picks up the call from the call queue, other agent will get notified the call has been picked up. That does not work in Teams currently. It's such a useful feature for agents so they know if the call has been handled or caller disconnected!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Team more like Discord Server

Well because I have multiple issues, I want to explain my current experience with Team to explain why I would like the Feature of Team in MS Teams work more closely to Discord Server.

Here is the bullet list of general features I'm asking change and I'll explain in details later:

1. Sub Team and Channel Group should be an option when managing a Team.
    2. General Channel is useless and clustered.
    3. Managing a Team is something annoying.
    4. [Bug] Editing Post send to multiple channel can break and spam of notification

I'll try to give a full context…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add SSH CA capabilities to Teams

Add the ability to set up an SSH CA on the AD domain, and use Teams as a means for people to grant access.

As described here: https://keybase.io/blog/keybase-ssh-ca

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. turn off calendar reminders

We should be able to keep calendar reminders from popping up on our screen or make them smaller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. List of all public teams w/ member count a user can join

Rather than having to know the team name, provide a list of public teams a user can join. include the user count and provide option to sort based upon alphabetical team name or by user count. This will help users find teams that are being used that they might like to join. This will also reduce users creating multiple teams for the same purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Posts should be displayed with the newest items on top. Once the site gets a lot of use, it will be cumbersome to always have to scroll.

Posts should be displayed with the newest items on top. Once the site gets a lot of use, it will be cumbersome to always have to scroll to the bottom to find the most recent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base