Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Raise up the limit of 250 members for a private channel

We want a team for our school, but we will in this team a private channel for the teachers. Now we can't make more than 250 members of this private channel. Could you raise up to 500.

Now we got about 100 teachers that can't access the private channel and misses a lot of information.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat Channels

Can you allow us to color code chat rooms? I have many chat rooms that I use and have accidentally posted in the wrong chat. This is really frustrating as there are times we are really busy and I think I have giving information to someone and then find out it was to a group instead of a person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow different colour backgrounds in the Chat rooms

Allow different colour backgrounds in Teams Chat to help differentiate the differnt chats...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow creation of channels with same name as previously deleted channels

We set up a number of channels to troubleshoot before rolling out to all of our staff. We deleted some of these channels during this process but now it wont let us recreate them with the same name. We get an error message saying the channel already exists, even though it was deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Description Missing When Creating/Copying Using Existing Team

When creating/copying a team using an existing team, the description field is missing. Also, there is no subsequent way to enter the team description.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share your camera

Ability to share your second camera instead of desktop, powerpoint or application is a must have. Zoom already has this, maybe get some ideas from there. I need to show my classroom to student with whiteboard and such, but with multiple people on call, makes my camera too small to see. Being able to solve that issue by adding the possibility to share camera on would solve that problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screen Share for videos.

Whenever the organiser of the call wants to show us a video, they normally screen share while on Youtube etc... But it is clear that although screen share is great, it is not made for videos, and the videos end up very low quality and very laggy. I think it would be great to add a future, where you can specifically screen share videos, and all watch it at the same time, the organiser can pause it at specific points and explain things with as little lag and resolution drop as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow user to clear the chats instead deleting one by one is paint

as a privacy please provide a feature to clear the conversation history

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. channel post engage

I really need a solution for to engage people in a channel/team conversation, because the posts do not appear in Microsoft Teams Chat Section. Nobody in my organization is attention in Activity Section, just chat Section. But an easy solution, for me, is to simply synchronize the posts in channel teams to also appear in Chat Section. Is it possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to hide certain channels by default for all Microsoft Teams users

I want to hide certain channels by default for all Microsoft Teams users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get Team Picture/Photo with Powershell

Hi,

Is possible (team-get-photo) with Microsoft Graph :
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/team-get-photo?view=graph-rest-beta

Is possible to send a photo (Set-TeamPicture) with PowerShell :
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/set-teampicture?view=teams-ps

is possible get UserPhoto (Get-UserPhoto) with Powershell :
    https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/powershell/module/exchange/get-userphoto?view=exchange-ps

Can you please create: Get-TeamPicture with PowerShell ??
    Thank

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search chat based on date

Would like to be able to search history based on the date of chat to help track time and effort. For example, all chat history that occurred on the 20th of October to help track time, effort, and context of history related to the "chat". And for the calendar to keep the historical history even if a meeting is moved but did occur historically.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export or print assignment rubrics

The results of assignments are sometimes needed in document or paper format. The CSV export is not really usable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Testing Camera in Teams

I want to be able to "chat with myself" to test my video camera, lighting, background, etc.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Voice needs the option to send incoming calls to voicemail

Teams Voice needs the option to send incoming calls to voicemail on the popup. This would be greatly appreciated if the user is on the phone and is receiving multiple incoming calls. Right now the user has to place the first call on hold and then answer the second call and place them on hold and resume the first call, and the same with the third call. This option currently is available in Skype for business.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Link a calendar to Assignments in Teams. Teacher planning and student organization.

Link a calendar to Assignments in Teams. As a teacher, I would like to assign a task and have the task and due date added to a calendar. This would serve two purposes. 1) Teachers could check to ensure they are not assigning larger tasks due on the same day. 2) Students could see all task due dates on one calendar - permit students to organize their tasks.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Settings that can control the creation of Office 365 groups for each related product.

Settings that can control the creation of Office 365 groups for each related product.

Example: Limit creation of Teams team without setting Office365 group creation restriction for tenant

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base