Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Conversations by thread creation, not thread replies

I don't like the fact that if someone replies to a thread in a channel, it becomes the newest message added. Channels should be sorted by message/thread creation first, not replies to a thread.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Document Updated Alerts in Teams

Allow users to "tag" specific documents in Teams for notifications when documents are updated.

This can currently be done via the Alert Me functionality in SharePoint. Seeking this functionality to be incorporated into the Teams Desktop application and Mobile application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. setting to prevent automatic playing of video clips or animation

setting to prevent automatic playing of video clips or animation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Migration - Teams to Teams

As more customers use Teams and companies from time to time acquire other organisations that use Teams, it is important that Microsoft support these migrations either via a tool or offer support with the integration of 2 Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft Teams can replace Outlook

Microsoft Teams can replace Outlook with the right features. It may not work for personal emails, but it definitely can be done within organizations. I think it will make it very slick and improve productivity multifold. I do have some ideas and would love to share them.

E.g. Every chat message can have individual properties and characteristics that would allow for it to be saved, forwarded, archived. Every message would have the ability to be labeled, flagged, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make "Open in Sharepoint" link in each team customizable.

Currently, clicking "Open in Sharepoint" from the 3-dot menu in a Team Channel opens a folder in the Sharepoint document library for that team site that is named the same as the channel, containing all photos and files previously shared in that channel's chat. Instead, we'd like it to open to the team's home page by default. Ability to customize this would be great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sound notification

I need Teams notifications to be consistent across all platforms, Mobile, PC, Web.
    I need notifications to be configurable for specific users or teams. I want to be able to set loud notifications for some users or Chats and other notifications specifically by user, Channel or team.

I want to be able to set specific Audio notifications by user, group, etc so I can be away from my phone/desk and know who the message is from without going to my desk/phone.

I need to be able to snooze these audio notification. Just like outlook appointments or meetings.

IE, I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to kick inactive users out of a document

Many times when working with teams some users will not properly close a document or will leave their workstation with the document active. This creates an issue where if I need to make edits to the document it will not because the file is then considered locked for editing. I would like the ability to close someone out of the document from teams so that I can make updates, changes ...etc ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. General feedback about a half-baked product.

Right. So here's an example of how this product is rather half baked. This is just one issue- but it is a good, simple stand-in for how the product is not finished.
    What order are the pictures displayed in, when you go to Background Settings? Ordered by date? Size? Filename? I can't figure it out. I shouldn't have to. But along with the inability to pin an entire team, only a channel and other navigation oddities; the way in which there's only one Teams window; the way in which searching for content in teams isn't even a joke- it just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. start Teams chats with the oldest unread messages

when you open a chat, it should show the oldest unread messages and not the newest ones... like that you wont miss any unread messages. Good example is whatsapp... it always starts with the oldest unread messages and then you scroll down to the newest one...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications when a new channel is created

Please, I cannot bear having to constantly refresh the page to see if a new channel has been created for my lesson. Please add the ability to be notified when the teacher creates a new channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want "Automatically show this channel in the list of channels for all users" to be "checked" by default

■Title(件名):
    "すべてのユーザーのチャネルのリストでこのチャネルを自動的に表示します" を既定で「チェック済み」にしたい

I want "Automatically show this channel in the list of channels for all users" to be "checked" by default

■Description(内容):
    チャネル追加時に都度設定すると、忘れてしまう場合があるため "すべてのユーザーのチャネルのリストでこのチャネルを自動的に表示します。" の既定を「チェック済み」にしたい。

I want to set the default of "Automatically display this channel in the list of channels of all users" to "Checked" because it may be forgotten if set when adding a channel each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow admins to set default Tab for Channels (Not Conversation)

Allow Admins to set a Default Tab when users open a Channel.

730 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to be able to send messages to a task list

I would like teams to have a task list that allows you to flag messages to add them as tasks and set basic expiry warnings like how outlook does this for email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We would like to a way to setup a calendar meeting using on-Premise OWA,Other than using a hybrid environment,such as getting a teams server

We would like to a way to setup a calendar meeting using on-Premise OWA, Other than using a hybrid environment, such as getting a teams server on premise, or the feature can be just available on the on-Premise OWA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A feature to change the channel type

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャネルの種類を変更する機能
    A feature to change the channel type

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams では作成済みのチャネルの種類を変更することが現時点ではできません。

必要に応じて作成後のチャネルの種類の変更を実現できる機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently it is not possible to change the channel type for Microsoft Teams.

Thus we hope that a feature will be provided to change the channel type after creation when there is a need for it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to reduce/clear the list of recent files in microsoft Teams.

I would like to reduce/clear the list of recent files in microsoft Teams.
    Whenever I want to share a file during a call the list is so big that make me confusion. In addition it doesn't display the whole name of the file but only the first part, so if you have multiple version of the same file it is impossible to distinguish during the call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New Guest User Invitation Process!

The process to add guest users is currently complicated. We have thousands of outside individuals whom we would like to collaborate on projects with, and inviting users with Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, or anyone with a domain other than Microsoft suffers a grueling sign up process.

Here are the following steps I recommend for the guest user invitation and sign up process.

Admin
    1. Add Outside User By Email

Guest User

1. Receives Invite Email with link that opens them into Teams online

2. Guest User can input their First & Last Name, Company Name, and create a password

3. Guest User is presented…
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How to extract only guest user logs in content search

You can extract user message and file sharing logs in content search, but please implement a function to extract only guest user logs.
    Although the current log can be checked, it is time-consuming because there is no other way to check the log against the guest information after obtaining the log.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Find which e-mail addresses correspond to which team’s channels

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    メール アドレスからどのチームのチャネルのメール アドレスか特定したい
    Find which e-mail addresses correspond to which team’s channels

■Description(内容):
    各チャネルの [その他のオプション (…)] - [メール アドレスを取得] からチャネルの会話に送信できるメール アドレスを取得できる機能があるが、メール アドレスからどのチームのチャネルのものなのか確認したい。
    各チャネルの [その他のオプション (…)] - [メール アドレスを取得] からメール アドレスの確認は可能だが、チャネルの数が多い場合、一つずつ確認するのは困難なため、Microsoft Teams 管理センターや PowerShell 等で簡単に確認できる機能の実装を要望します。
    There is a function that can get the e-mail addresses that enable to send a message to channel’s conversation by taking “More options …” – “Get email address” for each channel. But I want to find which e-mail addresses correspond to which team’s channels.
    It is possible to find out about e-mail addresses from “More options …” – “Get email address” for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base