Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to add bullets & break up the visual monotony

Please make it easier to format text in the Teams Desktop and App. I especially hate that it is not possible to add bulleting from the android app, or if it is possible, it is hard to figure out. I don't like that if you hit enter, it auto sends it.

On a side note, I also just don't like the way everything is formatted in teams. It's really not intuitive. I wish it was more visually broken up - Add bubbles or ellipses around each Teams Channel, rather than just making it a list of words. It feels like

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to find a team

I am a member of a number of Teams. Unfortunately it is really hard to navigate from Team X to Team Y. When I click on the Teams Icon, I'd like to choose which Team to go to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Latest message seen by...

Most importantly in team-chats and channel conversations show who already seen the latest message. Also useful in personal chats to indicate that the other already seen the latest message.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. チャネルへのリンクは255文字以内で作成されるようにして欲しい

Teams でチームの特定のチャネルへのリンクを、SharePointのリストライブラリへ添付して、チームやチャネルのナビゲーションを作ろうとしています。
    でも、SharePointの列の属性でハイパーリンクを選択した場合、255文字の制限によりリンクを保存できません。

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add "most current post at the top" sort option to Conversations page

Please add "most current post at the top" sort option to Conversations page. This would make it much easier to see late-breaking information.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Criar a opção de mover/copiar canais entre equipes.

Criar a opção de mover/copiar canais entre equipes.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Invitation Email to Team - Disable function

We are a school that uses teams for teaching now. both remote and on the school.
    We get spammed every time a teacher / owner, invites a class to a meeting.?

As co. owner/teachers in a team, we are bombarded with meeting invites/notifikcations each time another owner/teacher invites a claas to meeting.

It makes it total confusing for the teachers.
    Need a disable function.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upload documents when returning assignments

It would be great if I could upload an answer key when returning assignments to individual students so students who haven't completed an assignment yet do not have access to the answer key.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How to change organization name

Could be change organization name

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. is there a way to ping or send an alerts to someone that may or may not be on Teams

is there a way to ping or send an alerts to someone that may or may not be on Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. auto turn off video feed when poor connection is detected in Teams client

When attending a Teams meeting and a poor connection has been detected.the Teams app will automatically turn off the video feed. This will avoid the awkward setting displaying a frozen screen to all participants.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. team version

We liked to check the team version in our tenant. Noticed many users has diff version of Teams client and the new features missing because of this...how to manage...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to customize the screen when starting Teams.

I would like to have a function that allows you to customize the screen when starting Teams.
    At the moment, only "Welcome to Microsoft Teams" is displayed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Should be able to add a distribution list or a mailing list to a private channel

We should be able to create a private channel for a distribution list. This helps us to eliminate multiple teams sites for sub groups and reduce clutter. Currently, if I have to add a 120 member group, I need to add them individually and that's not practical

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bug report

In such case i will not be able to launch / schedule my exam to students ; it is to problematic now; i am expecting changes of students deleting some one else file from share point then it will be a disaster from the examination point of view. MS Team should do some thing for this.

We are creating a team ; adding students as students, creating an exam using MS forms, the forms automatically uploaded to group form now what ever student answer or upload files as a part of answer can be seen by other students vial share…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. team chat

In our team chats, people tend to create a new message thread instead of replying to an existing message, and keeping that thread contained. Which makes it difficult to view and manage a team chat, especially the more active it gets. In a personal chat, there is no such distinction.

I think the lack of distinction between the two causes confusion, and the UI of a team chat also lacks distinction between a user starting a new thread vs replying to and keeping their message contained within a previous thread.

Suggest making personal chats the same, where you can have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to Make a Teams statement/message/VM also into a MS task

Make a statement/chat/VM message also a MS Task flag item for prioritization/reminder for follow up. A link should go back to the Teams entry it refers to for context if needed. It should be just as easy and placing a thumbs up. When complete, the statement Flag matches the task setting. (color, date, reminder, clear, complete)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add sort function to contacts list

Currently when I add contacts and view them under Phone then Contacts, there is not a way to sort them. They should e able to be sorted by the column headers such as Name, Phone, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MS Teams VPN Spit Tunnel

Can you please define guidlines on how to configure VPN Split Tunneling for MS Teams traffic? Need to understand what to update to ensure that all Teams traffic goes out he IP NIC when I am at home and split tunneled to work. So, must the Proxy.pac file be updated, and if so with what informations? Must we make any changes on the Cisco AnyConnect client, and what are those changes? Must we make changes on the SSLVPN appliance? Should we use URL only, or must we also use IPs to segment with?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base