Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Posibilidad de elegir cómo aparecen los nuevos mensajes en las conversaciones

En las conversaciones, tanto en los canales de equipos como en los chats, los nuevos mensajes nuevos siempre aparecen en la parte inferior, lo cual, en ocasiones, cuando hay que adjuntar archivos complica su respuesta porque desaparece el campo de respuesta. Sería bueno poder configurar como en las bandejas de correo, que los nuevos mensajes aparezcan arriba y los más antiguos abajo, para identificarlos con más claridad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Screenshare -

I beleive this may actually be a bug and I could not find it in the list from others. Steps to re-produce:

1. Start a messaging chat with a team member.

2. Get them to share their desktop by using the icon at the top of the chat window.

3. Request control of their computer.

4. Move your mouse near the left hand edge of the screen ~80-100 pixels from the edge (essentially slightly bigger than the toolbar).

5. The toolbar for Microsoft Teams will popup covering that section of the screen and preventing you from using that portion entirely.

This is quite a fundamental…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notebook on SharePoint site created withTeams doesn't have a same permission as Team

When I create a new Team on Teams application, SharePoint site is also created automatically and it has notebook. But Teams members doesn't have an access permission to this notebook. Members of Team should have a read access to the notebook on its SharePoint site. Also Owners of Team should have an read and modify access as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easily Rearrange Favorite Teams

When more than a handful of teams are marked as Favorites it is difficult to rearrange the order of the Favorited Teams. Specifically, when you try to drag a team from the bottom the list will not scroll to allow you to move it near the top of the list. This seems to happen with both the Desktop and Web Teams apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why are all Microsoft user interfaces unintuitive and Terrible?

Enable multiple windows, allow multiple activities (eg video and files) to be open at once,integrate chat and conversations

Make it easier to give feedback!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Injecter une liste de membres au lieu de les indiquer un par un

Bonjour. Serait-il possible de pouvoir injecter une liste de membres au lieu de les indiquer un par un ? Les utilisateurs posent souvent cette question. Merci.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support to open Teams chat from ServiceNow

I have a requirement on ServiceNow tool to open Teams chat with a user from a button next to the user field in a record. screenshot attached.

I could achieve opening the teams app by using the URL: 'msteams:' in the XML code, but I need to open the chat with the particular person.

my scripts below,

var url = 'msteams:' ;
    window.open(url, '_self');

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Follow should be set automatically when joining a new team

Follow should be set automatically when someone joins a new team. People usually don't know they have to do this manually and then they miss important messages!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you plan to have it replace Skype for Business, then it needs to have the functionality of Skype for Business

Skype for Business
    worked great for what I needed, a simple way to communicate to other employees. Teams does not work well for that purpose at all, we are constantly having messages being missed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Live Meetings - entrance and exit announcements

While holding a live meeting in Teams, when someone dials in to the meeting or leaves the meeting, their entrance and exit is announced to the group. This disrupts the flow of the meeting when someone is talking/presenting. Please allow the meeting facilitator to turn off notifications of members entering and exiting the meeting. In addition, the option of universal mute would be great, as unmuted participants can often result in echo feedback which disrupts the meeting.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More Customization & Less Permanent Features/Settings!

I would like more options to customize your Teams based on what they are being used for.

Updates such as:

-Re-arranging tabs, unlocking conversations & files.

-Extending the tabs header, I can only fit 5 tabs that I will be using because of locked tabs and cutting off. I do not want to click the arrow to see additional tabs, they need to be visible.

-Smaller chat window, from what I have read my team isn't the only one that doesn't find a full chat tab that useful. At least make it smaller or change it to a chat icon…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please please please let us delete/rename the 'General' channel

Please please please let us delete/rename the 'General' channel

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner access in chat

In Teams, on the Chat component, I'd like to be able to add Planner app as a tab. I have some activities that involve simply working with an individual (effectively, a team of One) and communicating via Chat seems more conducive to setting up a separate TEAM channel

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. make possible to reply a single message in a thread (channel) instead of havnis to post at the end of the thread.

make possible to reply a single message in a thread (channel) instead of havnis to post at the end of the thread.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Typos

There are typos in the FAQ. In the Activity feed basics section, it reads, "Windows Phone user, we're sorry but you buys don't have that option." It should be 'guys', not 'buys'

Further down it reads, "Windows users, we're sorry but these options aren't available for you guys." I presume you mean Windows phone users, because, as a Microsoft product, I assume this FAQ is intended mostly for Windows users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow us to customise or brand the GUI

Allow changes to that awful dark colour scheme, font, etc and let us decide how we want it to look. Allow collapsing of the side bar, it takes up too much screen real-estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reporting Sensitive Issue/Gif

There is a gif when I was searching for an appropriate "you're the bomb" gif to send to a coworker where it looks like a plane hitting the twin towers, you should probably remove that. I was hoping to see just a simple round bomb with the wire on fire.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base