Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Add Other Teams' Planners to Another Team

Ability to Add Other Teams' Planners to Another Team. If all members of a specific Team (i.e. Managers) are part of other Teams, give the ability to add other Teams' Planners as a tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nested conversations. Mimic what Facebook does with comments...and anyone can reply to any comment anywhere.

Mmic what FB is doing with comments/conversations. Let anyone reply to any comment no matter where it is or when in the tree of the conversation. Allow a sub-conversation to be mirrored as a top level discussion as an option to de-clutter it but leave it in the original place so that the history of the sub-conversation remains intact.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement pagination in long conversations

The best idea is to add a pager to long conversation since it is a pain to load conversation where more than 100 messages

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to sort Teams in ascending or descending order

As the list of Teams grow in number, it will be very useful if there is a button that will allow a user to list Teams in ascending or descending order. This is useful when you do not know the exact name of Teams that was added.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the ability for someone to leave a Team

We don't want anyone to have the ability to leave a Team on their own will as we use Teams like Skype Chatrooms. We want people to log in every day and read history, and escalate issue/discussions.
    When it is so hard to start/join a Team, it shouldn't be so simple to leave. Can this be a setting option?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Linked youtube videos playable in conversation

When a user posts a URL to Youtube in conversations, it should play in conversations not open a browser/tap/app.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When I choose to Meet Now in a conversation, I would like it to Notify via the Activity Alert Icon that 1 Meet Now has Started.

When I choose to Meet Now in a conversation, I would like it to Notify via the Activity Alert Icon that 1 Meet Now has Started.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fustrated

Team is currently opened on my screen in Full screen mode. I can not minimize the screen which is VERY frustrating. It's either I close out Teams all together or I completely minimize the window which I'm not trying to do. I just want to resize the Teams window so that it is not taking up my entire screen. This is not an issue with any other Microsoft product. Please provide a fix. I do not see the "Minimize, Maximize, Close" options in the top right corner. How do I resize my Teams application window?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Button to copy the URL to a particular conversation or conversation post

It'd be really handy to have a means to get the URL to a particular post or thread in a conversation as a URL which could be used as a reference in an endnote, footnote, or bibliography for technical documentation or emails (or just general reference in any documentation)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Full integration to Dynamics 365 (CRM) to compete with Chatter (SalesForce)

The channels are ideal to discuss customers. We have a "Sales Team" where we have channels for each customer/opportunity and it allows us to consolidate our activities in there.

This same product exists for SalesForce called Chatter. It's excellent for collaborating.

There should be a much more robust integration to Dynamics CRM (Dynamics 365 for Sales) that would do the same thing. You could close channels and they'd persist the data on the customer, then you could reopen the channel to discuss certain customers.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How many members of the team are available online

I want to see which of my team members in the channel are available online at the time, and the list of the people who are following the channel. This is important because we have a global team working across different timezones. That way, I can communicate with the member, let's say, who is working in US, without looking at the Skype whether he/she is online at the time. This kind of feature shows up in Slack (pic attached).
    Thanks.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Linking content across and within Teams

It would be great if users could link content from other teams using the @mentions function. This capacity exists in Quip.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to paste @mention and keep the name reference

In the case where we @mentioned a group of people in a post and want to do the same group or a subset in a later post, can there be a way that this can be copy and pasted in and keep the @mention links? Right now it pastes it as text only and the link is no longer there. This would be extremely helpful if you wanted to @mention a bunch of people in numerous posts or replies.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Channel Connector Errors

I have a team and I get an error when I try to get to the connectors tab:

:-(
    Something went wrong.
    We can't find that group. It may have been deleted. Please verify whether the group exists.:The requested group 'invalidGroup' is invalid.

There's no more information than that. No way to fix that I can find. (Heck, no way to actually know what the **** the error IS for that matter.) All I get is a request Id and a server.

RequestId: 0c040c00-916a-4e21-89fc-4e9c877e7247
    Server: DM2PR0501MB1533

Mind actually giving us something to work with or search for to find an…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Love it. could use a snipping tool right on the chat though

Love Teams!. could use a snipping tool right on the chat though

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When clicking on channel focus the cursor on the Start new conversation.

When clicking on a channel such as "General", auto focus the cursor on the text box for "Start a new conversation, use @ to mention someone". Having to do two clicks is horribly inefficient. Would be idea to be able to use the system quickly without having to use the mouse all together.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show team members in optional sidebar next to chat

Currently to see team members you have to go to an entirely different view from the chat view.

That makes sense for team admin, but it would also be nice to have a quick reference list on the right/left of the team chat like HipChat has.

This is helpful for 2 reasons. First, just as a reminder of who will see your message in case you need to limit your audience, or ensure you have everyone you need while typing your message. Second is that with the list right there you can have a quick reminder of who you can…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Opt out rather than opt in for following a channel in a Team you're a member of.

I spend half an hour or so after creating a new team or channel getting people to follow the channel.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team chat should be visable when you click the team

When you click the Team from the teams list you should see the General Chat window .  

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show team members.

I have no way to know who else is in the team.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just click the ellipses next to the team name and choose “View team”. It will then show you a list view of everyone that is in the team.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.