Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Facepalm like reaction needed

A new set of reactions to substitute like functionality is just great. However what we need is a facepalm emoji reaction to convey the true reactions to many posts - let's make it happen!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
    As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
    We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams language setting Reset Issue.

We apply a Japanese language pack to "Teams", however after Teams Update, the display setting reset to the English on base language. So I would like you to fix it.
    This is because English is set as the display language and the translation function of English can not be used.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

499 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Avoid chaos when you have a lot of teams and keep them findable with team metadata

When you have a lot of teams it becomes chaos and it's hard to find the team you are looking for. The idea is to add metadata to a team when you create it (see the attached images). With this metadata you can filter the list of available teams based on the type of team, owner(s), department, country, office location etc.

The Teams Admin should be able to configure the metadata fields in the Teams Admin Center.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams chat history export feature

It would be good that Teams chat history can automatically be saved into Outlook folder like Conversation history (Skype does). I'm not sure if this feature still available in Teams, or we can have a way to export the chat to a file or something.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Nicknames

I would like to see the idea of Nicknaming your close friends be a thing, where u can choose what your friends gamertags are(on your console only) so its easier to find them

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copying text is pants

Currently trying to select text to copy in an indidual message is almost impossible.

When copying, it either overlays the Save and Like icons or copies the text below as well.

We're having to past text into word docs to get the trimmed data we need

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop moving teams to hidden

Please stop moving teams to the hidden section. This is extremely frustrating and a time drain to put them back. I don't need help managing my list. Or give me at least the functionality to turn this "functionality" off.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Tabbed" Conversations under the Main Conversations Tab of the Channel.

"Tabbed" conversations under the main conversations tab of the channel could work like OneNote "Pages" under a "Section", i.e. allow for Conversation Groups and separate Conversation below that can be browed through and enables a flexible structure. Custom notifications should be allowed and Badges on top of the Tabs and Subtabs should simplify tracking these conversations.
    These conversations should be able to be deleted or archived (this may happen already in the Groups) by the owner of the group in order to remove finished conversations like a Task Force or Project conversation.
    Allow to invite people not part of a…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. separate chat window

For better privacy, I would like to have a separate window for each chat, instead of having all the conversations on the home page.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Put the "Start a new conversation..." box at the top

In Teams Channels, it's way too common for users to start a new conversation when they intend to reply to an existing conversation. Move the "Start a new conversation..." box, and the formatting & submission icons, to the top of the Conversations window. Keep the latest conversation/reply at the bottom. The idea is to create some separation between the "Start a new conversation..." box and the "Reply" link that sits at the bottom of existing conversations.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Microsoft Access Databases to TEAMs

Allow TEAMs to import Microsoft Access Data Bases and Files

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New chat window when in Teams meeting

When you are in a meeting and you want to send an IM/chat that is not related to the meeting/channel that you are in, have Teams open a new window for that chat. Reason: It is difficult to chat with others and still participate in the meeting.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat shoudl open as multiple pop up window like skype-helps to see multiple chat in parellel

1. Chat shoudl open as multiple pop up window like skype-helps to see multiple chat in parellel. Currently we cannot see 2 or more chats together . Need to click the person chat each time to swap between persons
    2.Teams should have a mimimze view . Currently it covers the entire desktop.and we cannot work on any other applications if teams is active window. So keep toggle between my tool and teams repeatedly to work. Atleast chat should be like a sparatee side vertical bar window like Skype . So that rest of the desktop area is uncivered and free…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple Teams windows open at once

I want to have two or more Teams windows open at the same time, but the desktop version doesn't to that.

368 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate Microsoft To-Do with Teams

Microsoft To-Do is a Microsoft product that would be convenient to have included with Microsoft Teams as an add-on, tab, etc. Given its purpose, it would also be nice to assign to-do tasks to other team members, or keep track of team's to-dos. The reason why to-do tool is a good add-on to have for Teams is that it is also integrated into Outlook and the entire Office 365 platform. Having to-do tasks sync across Microsoft Teams, Outlook and email would be awesome!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reactions Order - Place the "thumbs up" to the far right

We now have additional "reactions" beyond the thumbs up "like" but the thumbs up is always going to be the most used so it would be great if it can be placed on the far right of the reactions bar to make it easiest to access. Thank you!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It should be possible to change the Channel sharepoint file directory

Currently, if I create a new Channel, Teams will automatically create a sharepoint directory with the same name. However, if I change the name of the Channel, the directory name does not automatically change accordingly. If I want to change the directory name to match the new channel name, I am unable to do so. Even if I open the Channel file directory in Sharepoint and manually rename it, the channel connection does not update. In fact, this seems to completely break the connection (i.e. the channel no longer points to the same folder once it has been renamed in…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 120 121
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.