Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 16,689 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1820 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. As many people have pointed out, this is available on mobile today. Support for replying to a specific message is on the backlog for desktop. I’ll let you know when we have progress to share. Thanks.

2. Delete Private Chat threads

This request is for the ability to completely delete a private chat thread. (Not hide/archive.)

Again, this was pulled out into its own topic because it is still under review and no decision has been made.

To recap what has already been completed from the other topic:

1. Delete your own messages anywhere in Teams.

2. Team Owners can choose if users can edit/delete in their tenant as well as choose if admins have the power to delete any message posted in public channels.

3. The ability to hide your private chat threads (these are not the chat threads in channels, but the…
    9,071 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1040 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

7,776 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

663 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to pin message/files/articles shared within a channel.

Guys, please add pinned items for channels. We often pin important articles/messages/files so that the whole team can see it. Very important!

6,350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

566 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

5,666 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

297 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

3,862 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

623 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

3,332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

498 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

8. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

2,308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

9. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

1,970 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

283 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

10. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

1,918 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

234 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

1,613 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Group Chats to be Converted into a Team Channel

There are times when people start a conversation as a chat with a few people, and the chat gathers momentum and eventually becomes a regular chat room. It would be great to be able to convert a private chat into a Team Channel. The way it could work is, if the members of the chat are all part of the same team, you have a function where you can select that team from a dropdown list, and "Convert to Team Channel". The private chat would become a permanent team, and all previous chat history would be retained in the newly…

1,208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

1,204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

14. Allow sending messages to yourself

The Slack slackbot allows you send messages to yourself.

1,055 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

1,003 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

249 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should experience significant improvements in copy & paste of images within Teams, as well as to & from Teams. We are aware of a few remaining issues, but the most common cases are resolved.

Thanks again for your patience on this one.

16. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It means I…

884 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Conversation History

Send chat history to outlook " Conversation History" . Good practice, backup all communications. Please microsoft do not forget the basic requirements for use in companies.
    tks

884 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Collapse/expand conversations (hide/show replies)

Users are asking for a few different things:

1. Collapse/expend all button -- single click to collapse or expand all threads

2. Admin setting for collapse/expand

3. Button to re-collapse a thread once its been expanded (right now you have to navigate to another channel in order for the thread to re-collapse)

Please add more granular requests in the thread below.

706 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Item 1 and 2 are Under Review.

Item 3 has been Completed.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more on this request.

-Warren

19. File path to links

When users copy/paste a link to a local folder on a server in Team, that link currently comes through as text. This causes other users to have to copy/paste the link into a new file explorer address bar. What I would like Teams to do is convert this path into a hyperlink automatically, so they only need to click on the link to open the local folder.

For example, if I have a server share mapped to S:\, with the folder "FolderName" inside of it, and I would like to share the contents of this folder with another employee. I…

666 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

576 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

← Previous 1 3 4 5 141 142
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base