Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Back The Clippy Sticker Messaging Pack

Please bring back the Clippy Sticker Messaging Pack for Teams. It was a really fun sticker pack that brought back the nostalgia of a favorite Microsoft mascot in a new and fun way!

5,119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

908 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

3,741 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

419 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to pin message/files/articles shared within a channel.

Guys, please add pinned items for channels. We often pin important articles/messages/files so that the whole team can see it. Very important!

3,440 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

290 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

2,894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

529 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

2,805 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

260 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

So happy to share that this is off the backlog and we are actively working on it!

-Suphatra

6. Delete Private Chat threads

This request is for the ability to completely delete a private chat thread. (Not hide/archive.)

Again, this was pulled out into its own topic because it is still under review and no decision has been made.

To recap what has already been completed from the other topic:

1. Delete your own messages anywhere in Teams.
    2. Team Owners can choose if users can edit/delete in their tenant as well as choose if admins have the power to delete any message posted in public channels.
    3. The ability to hide your private chat threads (these are not the chat threads in…

2,306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

310 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

2,042 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

312 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

8. Hide the reply button under every message

The "reply" button is WAY too large under each message. I recommend either making the button just a smaller icon and off to the side of a message, or only showing it on hover.

2,027 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

201 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. This item has been declined. There will be no work to hide or remove the reply button.

As many people have commented, a big ask is to help improve how people distinguish between giving a reply and starting a new message.
    For that the focus will be on this item. “Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`”
    http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/19224826

9. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

1,804 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

10. Quoting previous Messages

A collegue of mine discovered this in markdown formatting (if you include a ">" before a paragraph it formats it as a quote, then 2xShift+Return to exit quote). This is a useful feature when trying to give context to a response that occurs later in a conversation thread.

Quoting should be a more integrated feature. I'm picturing a "quote" button below the message window that when you select it, it opens another window where you can select a message you want to quote. The tool should automatically date/time stamp the quote, format it the same as the markdown method, and…

1,213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  132 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display 'user is typing' indication also in Teams Channel

While there's an indication of the user that's actively typing in the Chat area, I'd like to have this in the Teams area as well

1,151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  41 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort conversations so the latest posts are at the top rather than bottom

Messages currently come in with latest content at the bottom of the page. Would be good to be able to re-sort so the conversations with the most recent traffic are at the top. Also, move the "Start a new conversation" to the top so that its clear you're adding a new conversation and not responding to a prior thread (we have a lot of newbies who don't use the "reply" because the compose bar is on the bottom, and thus end up creating a bunch of new threads accidentally).

Conversations in Groups starts at the top and forces old ones…

1,031 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

285 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this request.

We have thought this through and decided to prioritize other user-requested items, so this one has been declined. But please don’t stop telling us what you want, because we’re still working to get many of those done. We’re listening and appreciate your support and patience.

Suphatra

13. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

1,016 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

14. Ability to reply to a specific message in a chat thread

I would like the ability to reply to a specific comment within a thread. Especially now with Guest access and Team sizes sure to grow and expand.

I was in a "Conversation" with several people the other day and the problem was that people kept starting new threads rather than replying to the thread. This was because the threads themselves were quite long, and the only reply button was way, way down, past dozens of other comments by several people.

Sometimes you just want to reply to one specific message/comment in a thread rather than at the end of the…

809 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It…

772 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

768 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should experience significant improvements in copy & paste of images within Teams, as well as to & from Teams. We are aware of a few remaining issues, but the most common cases are resolved.

Thanks again for your patience on this one.

17. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

745 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

601 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Conversation History

Send chat history to outlook " Conversation History" . Good practice, backup all communications. Please microsoft do not forget the basic requirements for use in companies.
    tks

587 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Collapse/expand conversations (hide/show replies)

Users are asking for a few different things:

1. Collapse/expend all button -- single click to collapse or expand all threads
    2. Admin setting for collapse/expand
    3. Button to re-collapse a thread once its been expanded (right now you have to navigate to another channel in order for the thread to re-collapse)

Please add more granular requests in the thread below.

552 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Item 1 and 2 are Under Review.

Item 3 has been Completed.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more on this request.

-Warren

← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base