Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Any link pasted into a conversation should be clickable

Every URL pasted into a conversation should be a clickable link. Some URLs are not clickable.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. youtube subscribe

I'd like a Connector that can subscribe to a YouTube channel (in the same way I can follow a Twitter account or hashtag)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Favorite / Pinned Contacts on 3PIP Phones

User was on S4B with a Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Used the Favorites Option to Add Contacts/Speed Dials to the Device and/or Expansion Module of the Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Migrates to Teams Only Mode
    Contacts are Imported into Teams Client
    You Can no longer edit the contacts that are favorites/pinned on the 3PIP device.
    I understand that's its not a Teams Device but you can't expect us to upgrade all devices to new desk phones which were just deployed in the last 12 months.

Please make a way to have pinned contacts manageable on the existing 3PIP Phones.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Federation with the Matrix Protocol

I know there are already a lot of requests for federation. This is a different type of request though, as it is more specific:

Similar to how true email federation uses open source federated protocols like IMAP, SMTP, POP3, true federated banquet style chat applications should also use open source federated protocols to allow other clients & hosts.

The Matrix protocol (which is managed by a non-profit organization) is the most popular way to do this. I would love if Microsoft Teams added support for this to allow it to truly replace email, and communicate with customers, vendors, etc. that…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Widget to Embed on Organization Intranet

Ability to create widget for Teams will greatly help adopt MS Teams for our organization. Currently, we have increased adoption rate of Yammer in our organization by adding Yammer widget to Intranet site which has 65000+ users. Those widgets are also used in the organization iOS and Android app. Similarly is Teams has this ability it will help exposing Teams to employees

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel cell format carryover

Teams, while being a flexible and powerful utility, is missing something crucial for me. I would suggest having excel formatted cells retain their formatting through copy and pasting. Much like the functionality already present when copying cells to an email.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. email team directly

It would be good if we could create an email to the entire Team, directly from the root team's context menu.

rather than having to go back to Outlook, find the group definition an create an email from there.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Per! I’m sorry, I know this has been a pain. We’re working on it and should have this resolved soon. Stay tuned.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

9. Auto Attendant Webhook and Azure Functions

It would be great to be able to add a Webhook and Or an Azure Function as a step in an auto attendant. This would allow retrieval of data from a customer database for example. Once the customer database lookup was finished the response could be used as conditions in the later parts of the auto attendant.

This would really increase the power and flexibility of Microsoft Auto Attendant(s)

Example Use Case: Customer calls into the auto attendant, the auto attendant will inform the customer that we are retrieving their account. A web hook or call to an azure function…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Website Links opening externally to Teams

When using the website tab in Teams, it's not always convinient to open it inside of Teams but rather in the browser as Teams limits the functionality of the website.

There is currently the option to open in a website only once you have already opened the tab. The Team admin should be able to set the link to open directly in the browser.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support @member in Planner

Being able in a comment from Planner to interject someone with he @member

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import a single post from Yammer to Microsoft Teams

Similar to how an email can be forwarded to Teams and used as a new post in a conversation and then be commented on/etc - it would be nice to be able to select a single post in Yammer (for example, something posted by someone not in our team in a public Yammer group) and import it into Teams. It seems like using a Connector it is possible to automate doing this for all posts in a Yammer group, but not to cherry-pick specific interesting posts.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook Integration - Send to Teams (similar to Send to OneNote capabilities)

Ability to right click Outlook message or Meeting and send to Teams, allowing user to pick channel to send to.

This would allow easy "escalation" from email to Teams, get this stuff out of my Inbox! :-)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Describe most common use cases, and best practices

I see that some people are already deep into MS Teams. However before we jump into MS Teams, we want to see some use cases and how to use Sharepoint, MS Office user groups, Skype for Business, and MS Teams in those use cases.
    For instance a use case could be as follows:
    The food processing plant wants to add 3 mixers. The plant manager needs to talk first with the CFO about its cost break even analysis and ROI, with purchasing about possible vendors and mixer costs, with plant people about installation, training and usage, and with the warehouse…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

This is GREAT feedback. Thank you! We’re working on a blog series and we’ll be sure to include use cases, thanks to your feedback.

Meanwhile, please see this website for adoption and best practices for Teams: www.successwithteams.com

Let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

15. Able to See When a Team Member is Typing

In Spark, it was super-useful, especially in a work environment, to be able to see which team member was currently typing a message, so the entire Team wasn't typing/submitting messages all over each other. This is very useful especially when questions were asked - instead of 5 people responding at the same time, we could see who started typing and let them submit before adding to the conversation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

You can see this right above your text field when someone is typing. It will say “[Person’s name] is typing…”

16. Schedule Teams meeting from Google G-Suite mail and calendar

My company uses G-Suite. I want to show them the power of Teams for calls and meetings as a first step to moving to Office 365. But we need to be able to schedule a Teams meeting from a Google Calendar invite in order to start using Teams. Google Calendar has several existing integrations to other meeting platforms like Zoom, WebEx, etc. I would love to see a Teams integration similar to the WebEx integration on Google's marketplace -

"The Cisco Webex integration for G Suite lets users schedule Webex meetings and Webex Personal Room meetings directly from Google Calendar…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Teams Only, Skype for Business always prompts Join Meeting Audio choice - please give option to turn this off

When a user moves into Teams Only mode, the Skype for Business client becomes a “Meeting Join Only” client, meaning it can join meetings, but is no longer a calling or instant messaging client.

Unfortunately when SfB client is in “meetings only mode” it is hard coded to always prompt, “Before I join meetings, ask me which audio device I want to use”.

This is pretty annoying if you join multiple meetings and forget about the prompt

https://tomtalks.blog/2019/04/in-teams-only-skype-for-business-always-prompts-join-meeting-audio-choice/

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offer option to open .csv files in Excel please:)

For .csv files stored in the files tab, it would be nice to be able to "view" them using Excel in teams as well as open them in Excel from Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outlook Customer Manager Integration

Teams should be able to provide a "Tab" for Outlook Customer Manager (OCM) in a similar way to the "Planner" tab.

This would be a key capability for the running of sales teams. In business the customer contact is the centre point and this a massive oversight to have missed this! Yes you have a Dynamics365 connector but Teams needs to spans a lot more than this!

Team discussions about customers should also show on the OCM feeds within outlook.

Teams, Planner and Outlook Customer Manager are all from the same era and targeting small to medium businesses. We need…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base