Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharepoint contacts integration

The contacts could appear in Teams if the user is member of a Sharepoint with a contact list.

This can be pretty useful to make Teams the indispensable to day by day work and also really handy. Also integrate the possibility of update it from Teams itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Teams to Skype for Business Interoperability

I realize Skype for Business is planning on being deprecated. While this is fine on paper, the reality is many companies will continue to use SfB and even Lync on-premise, so the Interoperability between Teams and SfB needs to be improved, or there will be issues. Currently, we are not able to send files or screen-share between the two clients, and those alone would be deal-breakers for companies that aren't switching to Teams anytime soon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop to splash in your face old notices of several old dates. Is very annoying and unnecessary, and loss of time at work.

O Aplicativo é irritante quando mostra notícias velhas e inúteis em sua face todas as vezes que é aberto. Por isso na maioria das vezes o mantenho desligado como ferramenta, e apenas utilizo para registrar um contato como uma alterativa ao e-mail, mas nunca para processos de trabalho. A forma atual é altamente ineficiente, e como não há opção de apagar, melhor não conversar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to sign-in automatically with the Office 365 account even if using different IDs for the local account and the Office 365 account

By design, Microsoft Teams prompts the user to input their credentials manually each time when signing-in, if the user has two different IDs for Azure Active Directory and Office 365.

It is time-consuming to manually delete the account in Active Directory domain environment and input ID again to sign-in with the Office 365 account so I would like to choose and sign in with the Office 365 account by default.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Want to have a feature to export data of Teams

It would be great that there is a feature to export data on the Teams section in Microsoft Teams admin center.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to right click on a chat box and copy contents

It would be great if you could right click on an individual message within a chat and copy contents to the clipboard.

E.G. User 1 sends large paragraph of text to User 2. User 2 wants to copy that text to send in an email. Rather than having to use the mouse to select all the text and press CTRL + C, User 2 can just right-click on the message and click "Copy contents to clipboard"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need to access to SPO sites even when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app

I would like you to enable to access to SPO sites when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app. If I configured the conditional access on Teams desktop client or mobile app, I receive an error and can’t access to the SPO site when trying to open it from the SPO tab. We can access to the site from Web client on PC as a workaround, but it is inconvenient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add-in for Mac

As a Mac user, I'd like to be able to create Microsoft Teams meeting links via an Outlook Add-in, similar to the add-in available on Windows.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inability to print OneNote in Teams

Teams does not have the ability to print a OneNote note, yet I can print other MS documents from within Teams. Currently need to open OneNote online or app to print.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. copy and paste from Word to Teams works (but slow), but not Teams to Word?

I can copy and paste a word document with text and a graphics to Teams, and that works fine. But I cannot copy and paste the same conversation from Teams back to Word? Teams' user interface needs serious work for consistency among Microsoft's own products. This is SO frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add the ability to tie outlook tasks to teams planner

when you have a task in outlook or in planner either on the mobile app or a tab in teams, that it then goes to your outlook tasks and vice versa

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. scriptable status

I would like to have status be scriptable from outside of Teams. Bare minimum would be command line, better yet, would be to support IFTTT.

One use case is to always default to appear away when logging in over the weekend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make document handling between Teams and Outlook easier

Allow to drag documents from the files tab in Teams directly as attachment into an email in outlook (and vice versa).
    While Teams already reduced the number of internal emails a a lot, externally, we work in an environment where emails with attachments are the normal way of communication. Right now, attaching documents from Teams (sharepoint) to emails is so burdensome that it reduces the acceptance and uptake of Teams in our team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Parse Spotify Links

Parse Spotify links, Slack does it. Be better

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support 3rd party audio conferencing provider (ACP) integration with MS Teams Statement "...MS Teams does not support 3rd-party Audio Confe

Support 3rd party audio conferencing provider (ACP) integration with MS Teams

Statement "...MS Teams does not support 3rd-party Audio Conferencing Providers (ACPs)."

Here is my position:

I am upset with the tactic which forces us to use Microsoft Audio Conferencing for Teams PSTN dial in capabilities . With Skype for Business, I could integrate a 3rd party audio conference provider. All my existing conferencing numbers would work. The Global Network Architecture created for us could remain in place. No workflow changes to end/users.

In Teams, I will be forced to use the MS Audio Conferencing service if I want that…

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Web Client - Internet Explorer should prompt for redirect to supported browser

Currently when someone is invited to a Teams meeting, but they do not have the full Teams client installed, and they're default browser on Windows 7 is Internet Explorer (or some other unsupported default browser) the page should detect the User Agent string and present two possible options. 1) Advise the user to open the meeting URL in a supported browser (and list them right there) or 2) Give them the option to download the Full Windows Client but note that this is for Enterprise Users and requires a license.

Current behavior simply advises the user to download the full…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. third-party chat clients (e.g. pidgin)

Other chat programs (Slack, Cisco Webex, Google Hangouts) allow third-party clients, typically over XMPP. Can we have an XMPP port on the Teams server?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send outlook download to Teams

Add the option to Download to Teams for email attachments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate with Android security, so duplicate notifications aren't presented.

Latest Android update includes work and personal profiles. Teams doesn't integrate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support for sharing with Microsoft To-Do

Having all MS applications; Office 365, I expect them to share data easily between them.

Today if I use the Microsoft To-Do application and choose Share, Microsoft Teams is not a support application. Granted I can copy & paste, but integration between the two apps is expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.