Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provision access to teams via synchronized AD groups

Currently there is no ability for synchronized AD groups to be added as members to a Team. The backend permissions work fine with the Sharepoint Site associated with the team, but not through the Teams app.

Enterprises need the ability to provision access to a Team during the onboarding process without manually adding users via the portal.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can't open 2 areas at the same time: ex. conversations & a file

allow multiple locations to open at the same time so you can read from one while editing another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easy Video and document sharing

1) Be able to share videos
    2) allow sharing to teams from iOS devices (When I want to send a document or something, I should be able to attach it. Basically use some of the basic features included in WhatsApp and Slack.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Integrate Input from from Team Discussions to TFS Discussions Sections

Our team utilizes the "Discussions" sections within TFS work items for communication regarding those specific items. It would be neat if we could initiate those discussions or contribute to them from within a Team Channel conversation.

For example, when notification from TFS is posted to a channel regarding a Work Item or a bug, allow the user to initiate a discussion from the team channel that is sent to the discussion section for that Item TFS. Possibly a button called "Comment" similar to the button "View Work Item". When the user taps "Comment" they can then use the @mentions and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include Botton in Outlook to open Teams

It would be great to have a botton in Outlook to be able to start Teams, the way you do with onedrive, for instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 90% of a product isn’t enough Teams, give me a 105% product

Interoperability only because you need to interoperate with what Sys Admins want more, AND your interoperability with humans needs a little work. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! DON’T SLOW DOWN.

You don’t need a task list - you have one here on uservoice. You need to start addressing issues, FINISHING issues.

I’ve been struggling to deploy here for almost a year. You are the best of what’s out there, but that last 10% is affecting my health. Put your big-person pants on and get’er’done!

-Andrew

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Start OneDrive form personal account

I don't understand why when I'm using outlook and select a group I go to OneDrive but I can't do it for my own personal work address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set a status to reflect what Work Items you are currently working on - TFS connector

As a user, it would be awesome to set a status specific to a TFS item you are currently working on.

Possibly Microsoft Teams could publish items that are set to "In Progress" under your profile so that other users are aware of what you are currently involved in at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office Online not active when switching between applications and Teams

When working in Office Online documents it seems that if I switch to another application and back to Teams, I have to click inside the office document to be able to work with Excel cells or for instance paste inside a word file. It would really be a timesaver not being necessary to click inside Teams every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Realtimeboard

Integrate Realtimeboard notifications into a channel in teams so verbal communication in MS Teams is directly linked with visual collaboration in Realtimeboard. The concept exists with Slack: https://realtimeboard.com/slack-integration/

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. sidepanel for teams instead of skype in outlook365 (in the browser)

To change from Skype to teams in the office 365 outlook integration:
    See picture of the idea.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Me" Team or section

The more I use Teams, the more I wish I had a Team just for me. I just created a Team with just me and I feel that it's way more practical than having separate apps running my files and my notes etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option on a tab to "make this tab a new channel" (or something similar)

Sometimes I start a Tab, for example a Planner for a certain topic, then later discover that it's going to be a bigger project than I realized and that I really need a separate Channel for this topic. Rather than creating a new channel and migrating everything over piece by piece, I would like to click on the options for the Tab and start a new Channel with the same title of the Tab and automatically move the Tab to the new Channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You need to make Teams load SharePoint Groups.

Duplicating the concept of Teams and Groups will be met with apathy if I propose the my (actual) team adopts this. Integration and interoperability between SharePoint, Outlook and Teams needs to be seamless. Teams then becomes the "home/hub/portal" for Microsoft Office.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share by email

I think it will be great if we can right click on PC or long press on mobile and have the option SHARE.

I use to communicate through Teams chat and, if I want to send some file shared on Teams I must download and then attach in the mail.

It would be AWESOME if you offer the possibility menthioned or... If the Outlook 2016 team can add fron the attch menu the Teams area.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Purchase bbm from blackberry & integrate with teams

For the most business friendly IM, microsoft should purchase bbm from blackberry & integrate with teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Google Drive integration

The current Google Drive integration in Files tab only allows pick folders from My Drive. It is better to allow sharing file/folders from Shared With Me as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display the added comment from the connected app (Wunderlist in particular)

I connected one of our Wunderlist groups and it is heavily used. But now I get notifications in teams that a comment has been added to a task, but it doesn't show me what the comment was. So I then have to launch Wunderlist (which shows up in a separate tab of my browser - no matter how many tabs I already had open for Wunderlist) It would be much faster if it just showed me the comment from within Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow filtering VSTS trigger by work item tags

Currently you cannot use the built in teams connector to filter by tag for VSTS work items.

Feel like this is a important function that's missing from the current functionality - requiring us to use manual webhooks (see attachment)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base