Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GitHub Enterprise Connection - GitHub profile pics are broken.

I use the GitHub Enterprise Connector, and it's pulling in things just fine. But profile pictures are broken. See the attached screenshot.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. activate teams over yammer provisioned office 365 group

Why not have the possibility to activate Teams on a yammer provisioned Office 365 group?

Then you'd have an "out of the box" inner-/outerloop functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MS just continues to make thing different so the staff has to get used to yet another way of doing things. it is cute but not logical

Just another way of doing things, everytime MS comes out with something new the old functionality goes away, they change color palletes to terrible pastel colors, and bury the functionality in places that is hard to find how to use them. It is definitely built for 20 year olds, cute but not very functional with no relationship to programs of the past. Apple on the other hand still uses the same logic that they come up with in the 80's so the basic functions are tuned and modified but you do not have to relearn how to find things within…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Start OneDrive form personal account

I don't understand why when I'm using outlook and select a group I go to OneDrive but I can't do it for my own personal work address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow SCOM subscriptions to send alerts directly to a Team Channel

In the past you could send alerts to individual SIP addresses. How about sending to a specific channel for a Team. Include the capability to add replies under the alert for resolution tracking. Also be able to close the alert from within Teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export of messages to .msg format for easy savning and documentation

I need the option to save a correspondence to as .msg file or clear text - whatever. When something has to be documented and saved for later evidence.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. integrate with Last Pass

I use Last Pass for password management. I don't have the option to save my Teams login information when I log into Teams

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Warren responded

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

9. Twitter hashtag

Twitter accounts AND hashtag - Rather than an OR operator, it would be useful to be able to provide a list of accounts and a hashtag to be associated with them. For example the tag critical in vulnerabilities from multiple accounts

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Google Drive integration

The current Google Drive integration in Files tab only allows pick folders from My Drive. It is better to allow sharing file/folders from Shared With Me as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Application Authentication Non Repetitive

Everytime I need to access Box, I'm required to re-authorize MS Teams access to box. This is very burdensome. The token shouldn't have to be continually refreshed.

Similarly, anytime I click on a MS Planner tab, I'm forced to re-login to planner. Why not just grab a token and save the user all this hassle?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zapier

Bring Zapier integration! Please Please Please!!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

14. Search for Jira Issue number

When a new Jira Issue is posted to a channel, the title of the Issue is searchable, but not the content. I would at least like to be able to search for the Jira Issue number.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate with Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac

It would make managing the app easier for those of us who use a MAU caching/manifest server.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. outlook email link spam

When sending an email thread to a channel email address (obtained by clicking "..." by the channel name), only the top email on the thread should be posted to MS Team channel, since it already contains the link to the email thread back in Outlook.

By currently expanding all emails on that email thread on the posting add too much clutter to MS Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Global Admins add themselves to teams

I'd like to have the ability to add myself to teams as a method of ensuring adherance to company policy.

Right now, I am one of 3 global admins and we've had the problem before when using Slack of people making channels and productivity disappearing. We'd like to be able to monitor these teams when necessary, and requested by our Security Officer.

I've attempted adding myself as a member, and owner, of the associated Office 365 Group but I am unable to get the Team to appear in my Team Client

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a "Teams" icon into Outlook address book

When a new Team is created, a new email address is automaticaly created on Exchange.
    Unfortunately there is no icon to identify this new Team into the Outlook user address book. (The "icon" filed is simply left blank.)

It would be nice to add a "Teams" icon into Outlook.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display the date and time of whena message was sent

I'd like to see the time next to the message if it was sent today. And I would like the date and time for any older messages.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for call recording in calls (which could then be saved in whichever channel works)

Allow for call recording in calls (which could then be saved in whichever channel works)
    As well as allow for calls in moile app

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base