Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't work on 2 different channels at the same time.

While working with planner (for instance), if a user, not related to the channel those plans belongs to, sends me a chat, notification, mention, I can't respond and continue with what I was doing before. I have to close the planner channel (for instance) and then open it again and look for what I was doing before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Store for organization-level apps

Please create organization-level App Store.

The ability to upload custom app into organization-level App Store would be very useful.

This would allow IT to create an App which has a Tab pre-configured with a URL, pointing to our custom web-based application.

Web Site app is too general for this task in companies with 100s of internal systems and people having problem remembering or figuring out their URLs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add support in People Bar

People bar is a new feature added in Windows 1803. It could be really useful integrate Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Astrid nagging features needed

Need follow up features like Astrid

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop prioritizing iPhone over iPad when calls are received.

When’re a Meeting call is made to me it rings on my iPhone and not my iPad so very hard to see screenshares and participate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show discussions in Office

When opening a file from Teams into the native Office application (e.g. PowerPoint, etc.), it would be good to see the Teams discussion in the application window.

For example, a panel similar to the 'Format Object' panel in PowerPoint, at the right, containing the related Teams discussion.

The reason is that quite often we make updates to the file that require the full tool (advanced animations, etc.) based on those conversations. When working on a single monitor that means constantly flicking back and forth which gets irritating, especially when working real-time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Incorporate Forms into Outlook

Forms has a lot of great options that could be integrated into Outlook emails, specifically being able to do more than a yes/no radio button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Assignee notification links open the web-based planner vs opening inside of the Teams environment

Email notification links should return the assignee to the Planner environment inside of Team s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GitHub integration should aggregate subsequent messages like issue assignments

I often assign a GitHub issue to multiple people.
    This floods the teams channel with the GitHub integration with multiple "Issue assigned" cards.

By sacrificing realtimeness a little bit, aggregating the same type of messages from the same GitHub repo for a few seconds would be much better, so that we can see the "issue assigned" card once with multiple people.

Or, please reduce the use of "Card UI" for the GitHub integration's frequent streaming of such simple events, as other people also posted here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am looking for an App or Plugin to work with SharePoint lists from Microsoft teams. This would be the most natural usage for this Teams.

Microsoft Teams was advertised as a new, stronger Interface to SharePoint. The Interoperability with SharePoint is limited to files. This Supports trivial usage of SharePoint as an auxilary file System only. All functionality that can actually bring on Team work are not supported.
    Does Microsoft - for instace - want us to use Trello for our task lists instead of our internal SharePoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make a teams addin for outlook!

Imagine Teams as a plugin to Outlook to centralize office communications! That would be wonderful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cloud storage with Sharefile is broken

Cloud storage with Sharefile is broken

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Line breaks in emails break in the middle of words

Teams sends email when someone mentions me in Teams. The line breaks in the emails break in the middle of words!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add One Note Integration

I want the ability to manage specific OneNote notebooks within Teams - I would also like to see an explanation of BOTS - relevant to this feature request - I would love to see a summary of reports I store in OneNotes on my Team page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SfB Server plug-ins

I know there’s some interoperability, but I can’t find anywhere that states the upcoming 2018/2019 version of SfB Server will be able to utilise voice through Teams. If it did it would be a massive win for Microsoft as many of my customers don’t fit with SfB or Teams online so they opt for Enterprise server instead but want the use of Teams to collaborate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email Files Directly from channels with via an Interconnect with Outlook

Currently, as a sales team we have begun uploading our common pdf into our channel. The ability to email those files directly from within the team desktop and mobile app would be extremely useful and time saving versus the extra data it takes to download and the time to resend through launch outlook.

Ofcourse, if you can add this functionality you would need to set permissions for certains files or channels that couldn't be emailed directly or downloaded

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Having Skype, Team and Outlook open for communications is at best exhausting.

Would be nice to thing a way to integrate all of this togehter. Outlook is so has been, I doesn't help me to organise my work and my communications with all that corporate spam around.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base