Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorporate Forms into Outlook

Forms has a lot of great options that could be integrated into Outlook emails, specifically being able to do more than a yes/no radio button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assignee notification links open the web-based planner vs opening inside of the Teams environment

Email notification links should return the assignee to the Planner environment inside of Team s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. GitHub integration should aggregate subsequent messages like issue assignments

I often assign a GitHub issue to multiple people.
    This floods the teams channel with the GitHub integration with multiple "Issue assigned" cards.

By sacrificing realtimeness a little bit, aggregating the same type of messages from the same GitHub repo for a few seconds would be much better, so that we can see the "issue assigned" card once with multiple people.

Or, please reduce the use of "Card UI" for the GitHub integration's frequent streaming of such simple events, as other people also posted here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am looking for an App or Plugin to work with SharePoint lists from Microsoft teams. This would be the most natural usage for this Teams.

Microsoft Teams was advertised as a new, stronger Interface to SharePoint. The Interoperability with SharePoint is limited to files. This Supports trivial usage of SharePoint as an auxilary file System only. All functionality that can actually bring on Team work are not supported.
    Does Microsoft - for instace - want us to use Trello for our task lists instead of our internal SharePoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make a teams addin for outlook!

Imagine Teams as a plugin to Outlook to centralize office communications! That would be wonderful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cloud storage with Sharefile is broken

Cloud storage with Sharefile is broken

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Line breaks in emails break in the middle of words

Teams sends email when someone mentions me in Teams. The line breaks in the emails break in the middle of words!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add One Note Integration

I want the ability to manage specific OneNote notebooks within Teams - I would also like to see an explanation of BOTS - relevant to this feature request - I would love to see a summary of reports I store in OneNotes on my Team page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SfB Server plug-ins

I know there’s some interoperability, but I can’t find anywhere that states the upcoming 2018/2019 version of SfB Server will be able to utilise voice through Teams. If it did it would be a massive win for Microsoft as many of my customers don’t fit with SfB or Teams online so they opt for Enterprise server instead but want the use of Teams to collaborate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Email Files Directly from channels with via an Interconnect with Outlook

Currently, as a sales team we have begun uploading our common pdf into our channel. The ability to email those files directly from within the team desktop and mobile app would be extremely useful and time saving versus the extra data it takes to download and the time to resend through launch outlook.

Ofcourse, if you can add this functionality you would need to set permissions for certains files or channels that couldn't be emailed directly or downloaded

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Having Skype, Team and Outlook open for communications is at best exhausting.

Would be nice to thing a way to integrate all of this togehter. Outlook is so has been, I doesn't help me to organise my work and my communications with all that corporate spam around.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot logout from an unsupported browser

When I login with Firefox ESR, I get the [Unsupported Browser Message](https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/unsupportedBrowser), which is fine... except there's no way to logout from there. It is a security risk if users can never logout after logging in. Please, either display the UnsupportedBrowser page before letting a user login, or add a logout button to that page.

Firefox ESR is mandated by my company, so we cannot upgrade. My current version is 52.6.0, but that is not really significant here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Object List with updatable status and link to actions pr object

I am looking for a function where I can adopt a exel list of objects to a updateable list in teams, where users from several different locations quickly can see status pr object, and also update them individually.
    Also I would like a "create action" pr object, and assign action to a person or function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a Custom List to the Tems Tab

I cannot add a SharePoint Custom List, or any other type of list available within SharePoint to the Teams Tab. This is causing a stop work situation for the deployment of my team, and I am hoping that this can be given a high priority for resolution within the Teams Software.

Respectfully, Bill Titsworth

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ease with which Excel files can be formatted, shared and edited within a team

i) Edit with Teams/Excel online does not offer the full range of functionality which Excel can provide. Improve the UX and range of functions for both edit options to ameliorate simultaneous remote working
    ii) Opening links to files saved in Teams is not always a seamless experience. Different experience based on browser-type
    iii) Formatting distinct text within a cell is not possible. i.e. when trying to change the text colour within a cell, the default is to re-colourise all text in that cell to that colour

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provision access to teams via synchronized AD groups

Currently there is no ability for synchronized AD groups to be added as members to a Team. The backend permissions work fine with the Sharepoint Site associated with the team, but not through the Teams app.

Enterprises need the ability to provision access to a Team during the onboarding process without manually adding users via the portal.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ability to pull all channels chats data in Power BI Desktop for dashboard and trends

Analytics , trends and real time automated dash board using data and tags from MS teams chats
    Need ability to read MS teams chats , segregate data with various tags used inside chats e.g @Team member name , # topic name , trends etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I can't open 2 areas at the same time: ex. conversations & a file

allow multiple locations to open at the same time so you can read from one while editing another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base