Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Outlook "New Teams Meeting" button should respect the "End appointments and meetings early" setting

"End appointments and meetings early" is a new but very useful setting that lightly enforces good meeting discipline. It works for the regular "New Appointment" and "New Meeting" buttons, but not for the "New Teams Meeting" button. This should be fixed so all create calendar buttons exhibit the same useful behaviour.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. skype for business screen sharing

I miss many topics which were available in SfB:
    -) Screen sharing with external contacts (without setting up a meeting before)
    -) Share mulitple screens
    -) Notify when contacts get online
    -) See state of contact in Outlook
    -) Conversation history in Outlook
    -) Edit contacts

The best solution would be - go back to Skype for Business!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Poor quality image pasted in Teams thread

If I copy and paste an image file or use Ctrl + Alt + PrtScn to capture a screen shot and paste it in Teams thread, the image is shown in the thread, but its quality is poor.
    If we see the image as a file, the quality is fine, but I would request the image in the thread should be better quality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Connect external organisations that use O365 Microsoft Teams to be able to chat, call, collaborate between different organisations

We have multiple organisations in our group. Each has several domains. Within each organisation we use TEAMS.

We would like to establish connection between all organisations from our group (all use Office365).

I guess maybe we could establish some trust between our Azure Active Directories to achieve this?

This would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft Teams Room Systems

Hello Everyone,

May we please suggest that Microsoft Teams provides the same features for Skype Room Systems (with the Conversation, Content and share tray abilities) for Microsoft Teams meetings for conference rooms?

Thank you for taking the time to help bring this idea into fruition.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. COMPLAINT Seemless transition from Skype for Business to Teams

Guys, seems like you are yet again sitting backwards on the horse. Today the Teams message popped up in Skype for Business to update to Teams. When I did that I am told that the admin must set teams usage. Right now, I have all my contacts disappeared from Skype for Business, I can not call my colleagues, neither does Teams work. Did anyone consider that there are users with limited access rights, who would just simply want to work seemlessly? You are practically rocking the boat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Teams work with Federated domains!

Once we federate domains, what is the problem to get full features available ?

Why this is so restrictive? I don't see a problem to be able to search and talk to people on a FEDERATED domain ?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Functional Email account inbox automatic migration in to do list in Boards so we can keep track off status of action required

Our team uses a functional email acount. we would like to have the inbox of this account automatically migrated to the to do list of our team board so we can assign emails to team members to answer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide the Sync in OneDrive on Teams

I would like to hide the Sync button in OneDrive on Teams.

You can hide the button when you go to OneDrive admin center and click Sync, uncheck Show the Sync button on the OneDrive website. This can hide the Sync button successfully on OneDrive for Business, however, when you click the Files tab on Teams then click OneDrive in a cloud storage, the Sync button still remains there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Functional integration with Sennheiser headset software NEEDED

We use Sennheiser Office Runner headsets (softphone compatible) which have a software system that allows integration with MS Teams & Skype. Before the last 1903 update the software system was perfectly integrated with MS Teams, it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request for exporting Analytics & reports data

In Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business Admin Center, I would like you to enable Analytics & reports to export its data to CSV file.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. copy & paste a picture to Outlook

Hi Team,
    it's not possible to copy & paste a Picture from Teams chat to an Outlook Email. Constantly I'm only seeing a white frame in Outlook.
    System: Windows 10 1809, Outlook Client of O365 (monthly channel)
    Please fix this.
    Kind regards,
    Daniel

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams to act as a PBX when using Direct Routing

It would be nice if Teams would act as a PBX when using Direct Routing and your own PBX and not send everything back down the Direct Routing Trunk to the PBX to handle, IE : Call transfers.

The only time something should come back down to the PBX is if the teams user tries to transfer to an external number on the PSTN. This should send a new invite down the Direct Routing Trunk, and Teams should bridge the call. Not relying on the PBX to do this.

Once a call is made from the PSTN down the Direct…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Outlook media player for Skype 2019 / Cloud Voicemail

When migrating to Exchange / Skype 2019, UM goes away and cloud voicemail is required. Cloud voicemail handles the voicemail\transcription delivery to outlook, however when received in Exchange 2019, the message does include the inline media player in outlook. Instead allows the user to download/play an mp3 attachment.

This is a significant alteration in user workflows as they now need to launch a second application to listen to an email when transcription fails.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto Attendant Webhook and Azure Functions

It would be great to be able to add a Webhook and Or an Azure Function as a step in an auto attendant. This would allow retrieval of data from a customer database for example. Once the customer database lookup was finished the response could be used as conditions in the later parts of the auto attendant.

This would really increase the power and flexibility of Microsoft Auto Attendant(s)

Example Use Case: Customer calls into the auto attendant, the auto attendant will inform the customer that we are retrieving their account. A web hook or call to an azure function…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linking one Team inside another Team, Nesting Teams

I create a Team, let's call it Project X. Inside Project X I have 3 channels, Communication, Execution, and Creation. The Creation channel decides that the channel setup is too limiting, they create another Team that resides INSIDE Project X. Allowing for channels and sub-work groups.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add Apple HomePod integration to enable use of the HomePod as a Speakerphone.

Please add Apple HomePod integration to enable use of the HomePod as a Speakerphone.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "where" someone is whether on laptop or mobile

I would like for my status to show whether I am on my laptop or my mobile device. Further, being able to set location based on ip address when on a laptop would be great as well. For instance... I saw a coworker was "available" but was unresponsive to messages. When I called, they said they were logged in on their phone and not at the office yet. Instead of assuming someone was really available both seeing that they were on mobile and had been inactive for the past 10 hours would have easily told me that they were not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Complete parity between desktop and mobile

Pls upgrade the mobile clients to get full parity on functionallity.

Especially now on iPadOS.

In my case I often find myself toggling between the app and the webb version. Not ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We'd like to be able to open multiple instances of the Teams app at the same time (like we can do in Word & Excel)

We'd like to be able to open multiple instances of the Teams app (like we can do in Word & Excel)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.