Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integration into outlook inbox. Allowing people to convert email message threads to teams chats

Integration into outlook inbox. Allowing people to convert email message threads to teams chats

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow playing videos in Teams thread when accessing a meeting video link of Stream

If you paste a meeting video link of Stream on a Teams thread and access the link, the Stream app opens in a new browser to play video.
    But we would like you to implement a feature that directly plays videos in Teams thread without opening browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linking external calendars to Teams

We have only just started to try Teams, one of our salespeople has an existing Outlook calendar, but no way to import or sync it to Teams. Others in our org use Google calendars, Apple (iPhones) etc. calendars, but there's no way to Use them as the main calendar, or import existing info for use in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Re-thread button to thread accidental new messages

Frequently, someone types in a new message thread, when they mean to Reply to an existing thread. Flowdock (a similar app) allows you to re-thread these new messages into the last thread you wrote in with a single click. This would be a fantastic feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a whiteboard for Android

Please, allow a whiteboard for Android devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently Teams does not allow me to add external contacts the way Skype for Business does

Add the same functionality that Skype for Business does for adding External Contacts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Amazon Alexa and google home integration

Working from home a lot, as many people are during the Covid-19 outbreak, I have an amazon echo in all the rooms of my house. I’d love to get a reminder to join a conference call for work and then actually join it on my echo device (audio only would be fine- unless you want to add Alexa video devices too !!!)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. “Usage” function in the Microsoft 365 admin center

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの 「使用状況」 機能について
    “Usage” function in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Description(内容):
    Teams を利用して Yammer を表示させた際の状況を確認できるようにしてほしい。
    Teams のチームチャネルのタブに特定の Yammer グループを追加して、Yammer を利用した場合に、「使用状況」 機能にて確認できるようにしてほしい。

Please allow us to check the state where Yammer is being displayed using Teams.
    We want to be able to confirm the usage of Yammer from within Teams by adding a specific Yammer group as a tab in a team channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Student scribe on teachers shared screen

When the teacher is sharing the screen, allow the teacher the ability to provide access to a scribing tool for students. Students wont have ability to control the screen, but can use pens to write on a display screen, like on a whiteboard. As a math teacher I allow students to wrote and show their work on my teacher created smartboards to be more engaging. The zoom website has this feature and I had 6 students all at the same time working on different problems. It was engaging.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For the reply to function in a chat channel, make it like whatsApp.

Adrian.Scott@teamhgs.com
    For the reply to function in a chat channel, make it like whatsApp.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support SIP URI calling from other PBX's

Currently the only way to route calls from existing PBX's to TEAMS is via Direct ROuting SBC and e.164 dialling.

We need tgha ability for this connection to support SIP URI calling between the platforms.

This was supported in Skype for Business and was used when a customer had multiple platforms, such as CUCM.

This blog describes the desired operation : https://voipnorm.blogspot.com/2013/06/updated-cucm-sip-uri-dialing-to-lync.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide the ability to inhibit Reverse Number Lookup

When running MS TEAMS Direct Routing in conjunction with other platforms, the ability to inhibit reverse number lookup is required for various reasons.

This feature was supported in Skype for Business, and was implemented at the tel URI level by adding ;ms-skip-rnl. e.g - tel:+16043532101;ms-skip-rnl

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to create a meeting poll, similar to FindTime functionality, directly from within a Teams Channel.

I would like to be able to create a meeting poll, similar to FindTime functionality, directly from within a Teams Channel. I found the "Integrate Microsoft FindTime" request, which is completed, but this still requires you to leave Teams and go to Outlook to create the meeting poll. An app with similar functionality that can be accessed through Teams would be incredibly efficient.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sharing Posts

It would be great if we had the ability to share a post from one channel/Team to another. I know there is the option to post to multiple channels, but it would be good if we could share something already posted to another team/channel or by email

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Meeting room status update between devices like MTR and meeting room device

Summary:
    We would like to see functionality where, when a person starts a meeting using an MTR (Microsoft Teams Rooms), the meeting room screen (the device just outside the meeting room) is updated to reflect the status change. In other words, when a person walks into a meeting room, starts a meeting using the meeting room MTR, the status on the meeting room screen is updated to show the meeting is started. Also, when the meeting ends earlier, the status of the meeting room device is updated to reflect the same.

User Story:
    1. Organizer#1 schedules a meeting
    2. On…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Cisco CUBE to Supported/Certified SBC's for Direct Routing

Please work to certify/support Cisco CUBE as supprted SBC's for Teams Direct Routing

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete GIF files from history

Delete GIF files from history would make this program easier to use. If you use a lot of GIFs. The program gets bogge down with old files. In the space where it says files, if there was an option to delete those old files that would be helpful

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. student video assignments using stream

Students should be able to submit a video assignment via stream. This would have to be locked down so that once the assignment is submitted, the video could not be edited. Admin for the course would be able to share the video (for example with external markers)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support Apple Ear Pods on Windows Platform

Suppory the use of apple ear pods on Windows Teams clients. I can use these with my Mac, and my IPhone but not My Windows PC.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add multiple people to a group at one time

Please provide adding multiple people to the group area like it does when adding members to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base