Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorporate Forms into Outlook

Forms has a lot of great options that could be integrated into Outlook emails, specifically being able to do more than a yes/no radio button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to share post from private Team conversation to Yammer

Request from a staff member that seems achievable given the existing Share button in Yammer could presumably be built into Teams in the same manner with cross referencing possible:

"I post heaps of notes and updates to existing P&C sub-channels on our projects (ABC project, DEF project, GHI project) - but other teams can't see this. LP and FCs on occasion want to be able to access this info to see where the campaign is up to, but aren't members of the Team or conversation.

What are the options?

1. Add everyone to our Team channels - is that appropriate? …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Share Teams files/folder with External contacts, without requiring a login

Currently when you add a file within a Team there's no way to share that file with an external contact.
    I would like a way share a file from within teams with external contacts. I would also like them to be able to edit selected files as well as upload new files and have them show up in the channel's Sharepoint Directory.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hyperlinks and Searchable PDFs

When you open a pdf, hyperlinks within the pdf don't work. Additionally, you can't search within the PDF (No Ctrl-F either). PDFs that are a few hundred pages long is far too long to scroll through to find a section that can be found in seconds using a desktop PDF application.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link group to AD Group

Why we cannot use our group in Active Directory to create group in Teams?

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in on this ask because it’s died down since GA, and also because the ask is not totally clear to me.

Right now, we provide a way during the team creation process for you to select an existing Office 365 group. Are you asking to be able to do this same thing, but outside of Teams?

Do let me know!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

6. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send an instant message with Teams by clicking on an Office contact card IM icon

From an Office contact card, it should be possible to click on the Instant Messaging icon to inititate instant messaging thru Teams.
    Same with calls and videos.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. email team directly

It would be good if we could create an email to the entire Team, directly from the root team's context menu.

rather than having to go back to Outlook, find the group definition an create an email from there.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merge Outlook Groups, Skype for Business and Yammer chats and Teams in one unique experience with one unique app and presence status

It is a little bit confuse to us look for a conversation we had in more than one place. It happens a lot because some conversations (generally started by e-mail) are in Outlook Group, while others are in a Teams channel or in a Skype for Business or Yammer chat.
    I think that Teams, Skype for Business and Outlook needs to be merged in one UNIQUE rich experience. All we wish the most is to have a SINGLE PLACE TO SEARCH, share and talk.
    The presence status needs to be one for all Microsoft Office enviroment.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Line breaks in emails break in the middle of words

Teams sends email when someone mentions me in Teams. The line breaks in the emails break in the middle of words!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy Video and document sharing

1) Be able to share videos
    2) allow sharing to teams from iOS devices (When I want to send a document or something, I should be able to attach it. Basically use some of the basic features included in WhatsApp and Slack.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. we need Link(s) to message(s).

Sometimes you need to inform someone else of the message. Regardless where it is posted.

To avoid the need to copy and paste message to someone, maybe privately, would be very handy to be able to just get the link to the message and user could see that particular message after opening it.

Same way like Facebook link in phone opens the Facebook app and shows the same content.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ServiceNow integration to facilitate ChatOps

Integration with ServiceNow for chatops for things like incident management (just keeping up with slack). Old way was ticket comes in the emails and IM's are exchanged. With Teams integration, the helpdesk ticket could come in and automatically posts the new ticket into a support channel in Teams. Support person acknowledges the ticket in our support system, which again posts on Teams that the ticket has been acknowledged by the person in Support. Everyone in the support team knows that a ticket has come in, that it is being handled, others are able to chime in if help if needed,…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ability to pull all channels chats data in Power BI Desktop for dashboard and trends

Analytics , trends and real time automated dash board using data and tags from MS teams chats
    Need ability to read MS teams chats , segregate data with various tags used inside chats e.g @Team member name , # topic name , trends etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy link to task does not work in the desktop app.

The link I copy within the Teams desktop app does not work to link back to that Task later. If I copy the link from the Task in the web app, it will open that Task in the web app, but still fails in the desktop app.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Team as distribution list

The group I created automatically generated a contact in the company directory. If this acted as a distribution list, it would be fine. However, it has potential to duplicate existing distribution lists. Beyond that, if you accidentally email the contact, it goes into the "Groups" folder, which for our team which has only barely begun using MSTeams, basically sends it into a void. It does not appear in the inbox or as a skype notification or even in MSTeams itself!! If at least it showed up in MSTeams as a post, it would make some sense. As it is, it's…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add notes and draw when Share a photo

Just like whatsapp. Is really Easy when somone post a document image and just draw a little mark where everyone needs to pay atention.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Error received when running two sessions of teams

I just tried to log into my edu domain Team site while I was logged into your domain (within two different browser windows open side by side), and having two different connections within both widows created an error that would not allow me to log into both windows at the same time. I should be able to run multiple sessions to different domains at the same time so that I can work collaboratively with different teams at the same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open files in local app by default

It would be nice if there was an option to permit opening files in the local app, instead of rendering into a web viewer automatically.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fully compatible with Skype for business and Skype. Running three applications doesn't make sense

I have Skype running for people outside my organisation. Skype for Business for people inside my organisation. And now Teams for those early adopters that are starting to migrate. As you can see this doesn't make any sense, does it? Please consolidate all platforms on a single one.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base