Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook

There are two things that are critically broken:

1. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook never works out of the box. Even on a fresh installation of Office 365 ProPlus and Teams, the Teams Meeting addin never loads. We have to manually go to each user's computer and close Teams and Outlook and then manually register the Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll, then start Teams, then Outlook to get it to work. And then the next time Teams updates (which is frequently), the Addin breaks and disappears.

2. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook does not work if we use federated authentication. All our users MFA…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedule Teams meeting from Google G-Suite mail and calendar

My company uses G-Suite. I want to show them the power of Teams for calls and meetings as a first step to moving to Office 365. But we need to be able to schedule a Teams meeting from a Google Calendar invite in order to start using Teams. Google Calendar has several existing integrations to other meeting platforms like Zoom, WebEx, etc. I would love to see a Teams integration similar to the WebEx integration on Google's marketplace -

"The Cisco Webex integration for G Suite lets users schedule Webex meetings and Webex Personal Room meetings directly from Google Calendar…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Contacts Interoperability

Teams Should be able to access contacts from the Global Address List, local Outlook contacts, and Office 365. These contacts should be accessible from each tab in Teams (Chat/Teams/Calendar/Calls) and should be accessible by the individual activities within those tabs (calling/creating a chat/Teams call/etc...)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Interoperability with NDI software in Microsoft Teams

We would like to start using OBS for Live Events, however there appears to be no support in Microsoft Teams for any components of NDI. I believe this is supported in the Skype, so I feel the same feature needs to come to Microsoft teams! Especially for those that wish to perform "professional" grade broadcasts!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need PHONE SYSTEM licenses from Office 365 Business licenses (not just Enterprise)!

Currently MS Teams can only add phone functionality at the Enterprise level. O365 prevents users at the Office 365 Business Premium from accessing phone services. Changing from Business Premium to E3 is an extra $7.50/mo plus phone access at $8/mo plus the actual domestic subscription! A personal Skype Pro number only costs $6.50 per month!

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pexip

Hi,

In the past, using Pexip Infinity, we were able to join virtual meeting rooms using the Skype for business client, which was able to dial out to Pexip (not only O365). Once migrating to Teams, the only way to make our expensive meeting rooms connect with Teams clients (PC, mobile or Room Systems) is to use Pexip as a gateway.

We have lost lots of visibility and features by being forced to use Pexip only as a gateway to the Teams Backend.

We ask that Microsoft makes it possible again to dial out from a Teams client to any…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Document Set in Teams

Make document sets from Sharepoint Available in Teams, or give us the full Sharepoint Document Library feature Set.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Device call controls need to work with both Teams and Skype, priority should be selectable

Device call controls need to work with both Teams and Skype, priority should be selectable. Currently, if both the Skype client and the Teams client is active on the desktop, the Skype client gets control of 3rd party devices like Jabra headsets. Users should be able to select which program gets control of the calling device.

Currently, I need to close Skype before I start a Teams call in order for Teams to interoperate with the headset properly and allow device buttons (like mute) to work. If Skype is up, it maintains control.

Please address.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Freeze sharing Screen.

Freeze sharing Screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a 0 mark for a non submitted forms quiz

Currently, if students never do a forms quiz there is no way of giving them a zero for the grade book as the mark comes from the form. Can it be changed to allow a zero mark for non-submissions after the close date.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integration into outlook inbox. Allowing people to convert email message threads to teams chats

Integration into outlook inbox. Allowing people to convert email message threads to teams chats

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Live Events and Meeting Recording in Switzerland

According to this article, Live Events are not available in Switzerland and a range of other countries:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-live-events/plan-for-teams-live-events

However, we have many clients in Switzerland who'd like to use Team Live Events and have a need to record their Team meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Student scribe on teachers shared screen

When the teacher is sharing the screen, allow the teacher the ability to provide access to a scribing tool for students. Students wont have ability to control the screen, but can use pens to write on a display screen, like on a whiteboard. As a math teacher I allow students to wrote and show their work on my teacher created smartboards to be more engaging. The zoom website has this feature and I had 6 students all at the same time working on different problems. It was engaging.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Outlook "New Teams Meeting" button should respect the "End appointments and meetings early" setting

"End appointments and meetings early" is a new but very useful setting that lightly enforces good meeting discipline. It works for the regular "New Appointment" and "New Meeting" buttons, but not for the "New Teams Meeting" button. This should be fixed so all create calendar buttons exhibit the same useful behaviour.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meeting room status update between devices like MTR and meeting room device

Summary:
    We would like to see functionality where, when a person starts a meeting using an MTR (Microsoft Teams Rooms), the meeting room screen (the device just outside the meeting room) is updated to reflect the status change. In other words, when a person walks into a meeting room, starts a meeting using the meeting room MTR, the status on the meeting room screen is updated to show the meeting is started. Also, when the meeting ends earlier, the status of the meeting room device is updated to reflect the same.

User Story:
    1. Organizer#1 schedules a meeting
    2. On…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Cisco CUBE to Supported/Certified SBC's for Direct Routing

Please work to certify/support Cisco CUBE as supprted SBC's for Teams Direct Routing

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. student video assignments using stream

Students should be able to submit a video assignment via stream. This would have to be locked down so that once the assignment is submitted, the video could not be edited. Admin for the course would be able to share the video (for example with external markers)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Import all Skype contents

I want to reduce the number of communication channels I have. So I want to be able to import into Teams all the contents from Skype (I am referring to Skype, not Skype for Business or Lync) — conversations, files, contacts, etc. — and merge them into Teams.
    So when it is done, I will get rid of Skype, one less platform I need to communicate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Amazon Alexa and google home integration

Working from home a lot, as many people are during the Covid-19 outbreak, I have an amazon echo in all the rooms of my house. I’d love to get a reminder to join a conference call for work and then actually join it on my echo device (audio only would be fine- unless you want to add Alexa video devices too !!!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base